MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2002, 09:10 AM   #1
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Default Dodge builders SUCK!!!

I bought a new 2002 Dakota SXT about three weeks ago. It had 2 miles on it when I test drove it off the lot.

Last night on my way from from my girls house... my temp gauge was pegged! The engine was also smoking...

When I got home, I shut the motor off and popped the hood. After the smoke cleard and I found a flash light..... I found out that the heater hose was to blame. The back part of the heater hose came off the front part where the plastic connecter meets the two hoses. I looked at it closer and it turns out that there are TWO clamps on one hose, and none on the other side (the side that fell off). I lost all my coolant, and I'm afraid that my motor will suffer damage in the future. I fixed the hose and put more coolant in...

I'm pissed that the damn Dodge builder people can't even clamp a damn hose right. I'm going up to the dealer today after work to let them know what happened. I want them to have a record of it. I know they aren't going to do anything about it, but still.... just incase something happens in the future....
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:22 AM   #2
this is not cbring
Registered Member

not to put worries in your head,

but i had a chrysler sebring for 6 years.........

and when having my car serviced (which was a lot, 37 times in the first 2 years), i saw at least 4 cars that burnt up an engine or tranny within 1k miles (3 dakotas and 1 viper)......

i didn't have any major troubles until i had to have the computer replaced at 14k
Old 11-18-2002, 10:26 AM   #3
jj_jonathon
Trisket

you bought it three weeks ago....if it were me, i would have made the dealer tow it from my house to their lot where they would gladly fix it under warrenty....i love warrenty...its the reason im on a first name basis with the guys at the ford where i got my stang...lol...damn tires still go outta whack...:rollseyes:...at least wherever i hear something funny they have 3 technicians trying to figure out what it was i heard, for free... ..well...not really free since the extended warrenty had to be paid for, but you get the idea ...scream out the dealer for selling you a truck like that....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote