MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-21-2002, 12:06 AM   #1
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default What a relief!!!!!!

Well, the old man went in at 6:00 this morning for a double bypass surgery today. He was done about 2hrs after he went in. About 1hr after that he was awake and completely cohearent and abou 3 hrs later, he was sitting up in a chair. It is truly amazing how far they have come with these things. He found out about 2 weeks ago that he had 100% blockage in one artery on his heart and 80% in one vein on his heart. He never had any symptoms of any kind. It was just the curiosity of the doc that found it, and for that I cannot say how thankful I am. He was having his leg checked out with dye because he has some blockage in the artery there, that surgery is later, and the doc says, "since you don't show any check on your heart, why don't we just take a quick look?" When they shot the dye, it just stopped! I had to call him every day to check on him and make sure he wasn't upset about anything and he wasn't stressing too much. I would much rather have been here the whole time, but I work 12hrs a day and live about 1 1/2 hrs from him. We had a real scare last weekend. He went to the emergency room via ambulance because he got really dizzy and his ears started ringing so loud he said it was hurting. I had to leave work to come up here and be with him that night. I had to calm him down, he kept insisting that he was fine and he wanted to come home. I hate having to tell him what to do, because I respect him so much as a person, but sometimes he can be just as stubborn as me, and that is not necessarily a good thing. But all is well now, he should be home from the hospital on Sun or Mon. And life will go on. It feels like a truck has been lifted off of my chest. Well I'll stop rattling now. I just had to vent. It has been rough and now it is almost over. Thanks for listening to me.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:23 AM   #2
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Smile

Good to hear your dad is doing ok.
It will be 2 yrs in Feb. since my father had a triple bypass. Glad to say he's back to his mean ol' self.

Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:41 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

glad to hear all went well, that's great, i know how stubborn dad's are, i got one myself, wish your dad a speedy recovery. take care.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #4
lysacat
Registered Member

Glad to hear your dad's doing so well so soon. It's a good sign when they're up in the chair that soon after surgery. Hope things continue to go well. C-ya, Melisa