MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-21-2002, 01:54 AM   #1
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default The blue light

As most of you probably don't know, the area that work in, Houston Ship Channel near Pasadena/Deer Park area, was specifically called out in a terroristic threat due to the importance and abundance of the oil and gas industry in this area. Well, the other night, I was driving down the freeway, facing that general area, and all of a sudden the sky lit up with two flashes. They were extremely bright with a blue tint/haze, almost like the color of most "superwhite" headlights. They started from the ground up and were dome shaped, one on top of the other. I thought for a minute that was going crazy and then my g/f asked if I had seen it. My heart dropped to my feet. I thought the lower half of Texas was about to become the newest edition to the gulf of mexico. I called my job and they heard nothing. I called friend of mine in Clear Lake and he heard nothing. I watched the news and listened to the radio the next day and nothing. WTF??? If anyone has any insight as to what this could have been, please fill me in. I thought a possible electircal explosion, but that would have been all over the news. Some people suggested possibly a transformer, but if that was a transformer, it would have had to have been the size of a football field to put off the intensity of light I saw and it would have been on the news. I am at my minds end on this one. Anyone???
Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 02:00 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

quit sniffing paint cans....

coulda easily beena transformer actually...aside from the blue...i was a good 700 ft from one last weekend and through the 4 or 5 yards and thick brush that thing still managed to shine up the living room window to my left like lightning had hit 2 feet away...they explode nicely

or its a UFO...and they anal probed you....beware...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 06:40 AM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
or its a UFO...and they anal probed you....beware...
Yeh I don't think anyone would admit to that one.

I was thinking maybe you have an exhaust leak and your exhaust is leaking into the car. lol I'm not sure, but aslong as the rest of the state is alive and everything is there I guess nothing is wrong, but I would imagin that being pretty freaky ****.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 10:55 AM   #4
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
I was thinking maybe you have an exhaust leak and your exhaust is leaking into the car. lol I'm not sure, but aslong as the rest of the state is alive and everything is there I guess nothing is wrong, but I would imagin that being pretty freaky ****.

§am.
i actually had an exhaust leak through the rear seats when i first started drivin the 90GT back at the beginning of the summer before my senior year...they got it fixed when i was allowed to do highway driving because if i would have to have the windows up....but you smelled it everywhere, not just in the car ...i dnt remember ever getting any hallucinations from it though...lol...felt like a redneck with all that carbonmonoxide puffing out like i had no exhaust...i saw the pipes after they came off at the shop - full of holes n rust...gotta love snow...at least it doesnt worry about snow anymore...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:56 PM   #5
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
i was a good 700 ft from one last weekend and through the 4 or 5 yards and thick brush that thing still managed to shine up the living room window to my left like lightning had hit 2 feet away...
That is understandable, but I'm talking anywhere from 5-25 miles away. Because of all the industry, I couldn't tell exactly how far, but it was at leas 5 miles.
Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote