MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2002, 08:47 AM   #21
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
take your mom for a spin and gun it...hehe...those are the fun times
For what? It's a 140hp motor, I doubt she'll even notice

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:19 AM   #22
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
No kidding man. I went to a Mexican place in Minnesota (I know not Canada, but close enough) and the 'salsa' tasted like a marinara sauce. Did get a good hamburger there though.
lol yeh we're not much for mexican food up here... Did the hamburger have mayonaise... apparently you americans don't put it on. It's so good too.. lol

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
Sweet car, i like it! Was the hood open a touch when you took the pics?
Yeh we were having trouble getting the stupid hood to close, but it just needs to be realigned or some WD40 on it. We got it to aventuly close, just had to be hit in the sweet spot.

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
Yeh I know I was disapointed when I found out the horsepower. =( But I'm not sure what's been done to the engine. It doesn't look like much at all, but the car orignaly came with single exhaust and now has new dual exhaust. But stock it was 140hp, and 250lbs/ft of torque. If I want to make my mom scream I'll just take her out in the Mach. She refused to drive with me in it for the longest time. But that's just cause my mom hates the attention and everyone looks at my car. lol Wait tell I get her in my pace car with the lights. lol But she isn't afraid of going fast really, she is used to my dad. She told me it brought back some memories when I took her for a ride. My dad used to own a '71 Mach 1 when they were dating. Wish he kept that car, he had dropped a 302 Boss in it and it was all done up. I believe he told me it did 11's. All yesterday he told me I could of bought his car for some really cheap amout. One was, I could of bought a '69 GTO for $800. But like every car was like that.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:27 AM   #23
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
140?!?! its a 5.0!....ouch...big ouch....that poor car...how does it only have 140hp?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:29 AM   #24
1969Mach1

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
140?!?! its a 5.0!....ouch...big ouch....that poor car...how does it only have 140hp?
I honestly don't know, can someone tell me what this car is missing that makes it so weak. I was hoping someone could tell me. It's only got a 8.5:1 compression but still no need for that weak of performance. What's the compression for the fuel injected 5.0L's?

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 10-28-2002, 02:11 PM   #25
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Hehe...don't worry, PKRWUD. I got it.

"NEW YORK CITY?!?!?....Get a rope."

Congrats on that purchase. I'm sure you can make some $$$ on a re-sale. As for the hp numbers, I think it boils down to crappy heads, low compression, crappy intake, and crappy cam profile.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:18 PM   #26
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up WAYYYYYYY COOOOOOOOL!

Man, Sam...
that is frigin' AWESOME!!!!! I always loved that car...as a matter of fact, I was given years ago, the 'official' jacket that went w/ that Pace Car. It was Obtained when the car came out...they had my name put on it and gave it to me for Xmas one year. I'll have to take a pic and post it...(I HOPE I CAN FIND IT) Should be w/ the rest of my jackets...
Ya, I"m sure there are things you'll be able to do to give the HP a boost! Best of Luck to you and CONGRADULATIONS!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 05:55 PM   #27
1969Mach1

Sweet... yeh I seen the jacket it came with but my car didn't come with it. The car doesn't have much as for power speaking. But I drove out of there today with Lotus infront of me, a Porsche 911 Carrera Targa behind me, and a Ferrari behind him. It was pretty sweet pulling out of there with those cars. It's pretty amazing waiting for your car and watching all these super cars leaving. =)
I still havn't figured out how my 'Pace Caution Lights' work, and I need a horn and a few lights. It's leaking oil too but I'll check that out within the next few days. Probably just the seal for the oil pan or something. But it runs nice. I was driving it home with my dad in the t-bird behind it, and I hit the brakes and I don't know what happen, but the tires started to smoke and I started slidding sideways and this was at like 80 on a onramp. lol My dad said it was pretty scary for him. lol Fun for me other then I scared the shitout of myself wondering what I did cause I hardly hit the brakes.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 10-29-2002, 09:39 AM   #28
Bake
Registered Member

Default GRrrrrrr.

Your a bastard Sam! I cant beleive you and your deals on mustangs, im gonna give you like 5 grand one day to go out and get me a car... anyways, when ya gonne come get me from school one day at one of my breaks?! huh! punk!
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:14 AM   #29
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

The heads, cam, intake, carb, exhaust manifolds, and exhaust are all horable on the 79 Mustang. IMO one of the worst V-8's ford has ever made, second only to the 255 V-8.

Just something to chear you up Sam

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 11:39 AM   #30
1969Mach1

Default Re: GRrrrrrr.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bake
Your a bastard Sam! I cant beleive you and your deals on mustangs, im gonna give you like 5 grand one day to go out and get me a car... anyways, when ya gonne come get me from school one day at one of my breaks?! huh! punk!
hahaha I couldn't wait to surprise you... you bastard. lol I didn't think you would of shown up on the board. There is another auction coming up in Ancaster, which I never relised that is where you are living now! I'll let you know when it is. I'm going with the Pace car if I have it. I may even try put it up for auction! Unless I sell it before that and then I'm going to the auction with the intention of buying something else. You should of seen some of the deals at the auction. A 1970 Vette went for $15,000 the thing was in really nice condition. A Vette like my dads went for like $7000, mindya it needed some work but it was still nice. They had alot of Ferrari's and such too. They had a Shelby GT500KR that went for $107,000. Alot of beautiful cars. Since you left I seem to be the Mustang Pimp. lol I sold the Mach 1 last night man... I know I know... My cousin bought it off of me, so it's still always in the family. I will buy it back one day. I would come pick you up from school but I have no clue where your school is. lol
But you should see this car, it's in really nice condition, the body is solid, fresh paint and all the stickers are new. The car looks pretty crazy. I was never a big fan of that body style but this car looks pretty sweet. lol Well I've had enough of school today I'm going to eat and go home.

tireburner163
Gee thanks... lol Yeh I can get a 302 4 Barrel carb for free, and free 351 heads. I am thinking of doing some mods to it but I may just want to keep the car as orignal as possible, cause I don't intend on keeping the car. The longest I'll keep it is tell next Spring, because as cool look as the car is, it's not what I want. I just bought it cause it was a really good deal. I may try putting it up for sale in like 2 weeks once I fix all the little things and see if I get any good offers if not I'll drive it threw the winter (as little as I can) and see what happens come spring time. That's usually when you get alot more money for cars.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Last edited by 1969Mach1; 10-29-2002 at 11:50 AM..
Old 10-29-2002, 12:47 PM   #31
btr
Registered Member

Simply slapping on a 4-barrel does wonders for this car. There's also alot of emissions equipment, but mine was already removed when I bought it.

Here's what mine is now: Balanced 306, 9+compression KB pistons, Edlebrock 4-barrel/intake, P&P 351 heads with crane roller rockers, mid wolverine cam, Mac chrome headders/h-pipe, Taylor wires & blaster coil, march underdrive pullies.

I wanted the stock appearance with more performance. I've probably got a little more than the stock 140hp .
99 Sable 24V DOHC

Last edited by btr; 10-29-2002 at 12:59 PM..
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:54 PM   #32
Bake
Registered Member

come see me with the pacecar someday. im in st catherines. there are only 3 things there, the hospital, brock university and Ridley college. il be in your part of town soon, i have the 2nd to the 11th off for midterm break so il drop by a bunch of times for sure. oh, and im Getting a 5.0 as soon as i get out of school, since i cant have a car here, im getting it as soon as i leave, im thinking 87 to 92, what u think? gonna spend maybe 6-8K. anyways, il give you a shout one of these days. car looks good tho man, real nice. better figure them lights out tho, and get some nice 16" 5star pony rims that would kick ***. anyways il be around the board allot more since it has been unblocked. catch ya later man.
(il try and get some of the guys with nice cars here to bring them to the T dot one weekend, allot of AMG's, M's, and i think two kids have access to their parents ferrari's sometimes (i feel soooo sooo poor here... )
anyways,
ttyl
Old 10-29-2002, 01:28 PM   #33
1969Mach1

Quote:
Originally posted by btr
Simply slapping on a 4-barrel does wonders for this car. There's also alot of emissions equipment, but mine was already removed when I bought it.

Here's what mine is now: Balanced 306, 9+compression KB pistons, Edlebrock 4-barrel/intake, P&P 351 heads with crane roller rockers, mid wolverine cam, Mac chrome headders/h-pipe, Taylor wires & blaster coil, march underdrive pullies.

I wanted the stock appearance with more performance. I've probably got a little more than the stock 140hp .
Sweeeet! Glad I found someone with a pace car! wooo hooo! lol Do you have an email address or ICQ or MSN Messanger? I have a few questions about the car that maybe you can answer. Also did your car come with the optional lights on the roof. Like the Caution lights? I can't figure how to turn them on. If you have them do you know how? or what the wires look like? I'm going to go check now. I'm probably going to take the inside pading on the roof and follow the wires or something cause I have no clue how else. Unless you can let me know. =) What performance do you think you get out of yours? My only concern was to leave my car as orignal as possible, because it's such a collectors car. I'm probably going to sell it anyway, I pretty much just bought it cause I liked it, it was a collectors car and mostly it was cheap.

Kyle
Sounds sweeet man. One day hopefully I can find my way down there. I have no idea how to get there. I am no good with directons. lol When your up here let me know. You know my number, or just stop by my house. The pace car is sitting in the driveway for now tell the Mach goes on Sunday. =( Then it gets the garage. Sounds like a sweet deal for a 5.0L, let me know when your going to buy it. We'll both go together. My dad called a few guys that had some 87-92 5.0L's for sale but most already sold it or wasn't selling it anymore, so he decided to stick with the T-bird. That baby is still running strong, he's got a new set of tires for her and going to drive it tell it died or has to get emissioned next year. lol I'll have some pictures this evening cause I'm going to take some pictures of the mach and the pace together.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made