MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-14-2002, 09:39 PM   #1
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Angry Why

GOD!!!! I hate going to school now cause i know some how that i will get ripped for being a ford owner and lover. I always get the found on road dead, or the 90% of all fords are still on the road the other 10% made it home crap. And to top it off i was told today mustangs are girls cars and that MUSTANG OWNERS ARE @$$holes. I guess these diehard chevy fans or just plain old ricers have never talked to a fayetteville LT1 or LS1 owner here cause they are the arse holes and i cant take it. I get my friends and other kids coming up telling me stupid stuff like a 2k MR2 can run 14.0 stock, and that they have a civic or a cavalier or a neon that can run my car. And that automatics suck and other bs, i hate it, i cant put in my .02 cents without somebody saying its bs or other crap. Like the other day i was told the saleen S7 is a ferrari. I have been told that mustangs look plasticky but when a civic has a plastic body kit it is tasteful and it improves aero dynamics but they are not windtunnel tested, and a wing provides proper downforce. And that a camaro is easier cheaper and all this stuff to modify. I GUESS THEY NEVER LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD OF A NEW CAMARO OR TRANS AM!!!!!!!!

Mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 09:47 PM   #2
mean81GT
Registered Member

i know what you mean. i also know what you mean about chevy's being a pita to work on, i had to change spark plugs in my crapmaro, and it took me hours more than in the mustang. the mustang is 1-2-3. the crapmaro took like 6 hours, and a friend with very little fingers.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:54 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

It's funny how you would even take the time to waste your effort on these idiots. WHY??? If I tell you that Mr. Ed could really talk and that Elvis was an alien from outer space, that he didn't die, he just went back to his planet, are you even gonna THINK about getting into such a ludicrous argument with me (I sure hope not)?

When you take the time to even acknowledge such stupidity, that shows them just how secure (or insecure) you are about your stang.

Don't wrestle in the mud with pigs. You both get nasty dirty, but the pig just loves it. Why even waste your breath on such stupid "my daddy is better than your daddy" debates?
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
gsxkilla
Registered Member

ok.... lol when they say that camaro's are cheaper say that u get what u pay for tell them that its funny how mustang outsells the firebird and camaro combined but camaro parts are still cheaper hmm must be supply and demand if they are so cheap they must break down alot more!!! or chevy would be out of buisness thats just my opinion... and if they say found on road dead there is allways first on race day and look at my sig.
ryan
Old 03-14-2002, 10:32 PM   #5
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Thumbs up GSX Killa

u just made my day. Cracked Heads Engine Valves Rattle Oil Leaks Everytime or cant hold equal value of yugo (chevy).
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 03-14-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
92RS350
Registered Member

Mike dont let them get you down here is what you tell them
1.Found On Road Dead is a VERY old Joke
2.when they start naming cars that can beat yours ask if it is theirs if they say no then tell them to shut up
3.If they were really car enthusiast (Ford Or Chevy) would know that any car can be beat you just have to have more money

Dont let the bother you I know that mustang is not a girls car they are just jealous
The Backup truck
Charter member & Moderator at
www.v8tec.com
92RS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:13 PM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default A woman's car?

It doesn't matter who's car a Mustang is (woman or man). The fact is: People buy Mustang's for various reasons. Maybe they like the style, maybe they like the creature comforts, maybe they like the power, maybe they like the price...Regardless, Mustang's sell well . Good sales lead to new research and new ideas (i.e. Bullett, Terminator, Cobra). Sales are what keeps the "ball rolling". Without the V6 selling as well as it does, there would be no special edition cars...maybe not even a V8 model.

Don't waste your breath on them. They are probably just jealous...and if they wanna race, get a shot of juice, some DR's, and gears...then take their money!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:15 PM   #8
PKRWUD

All of the above replies are good. I especially like the fact that a Camaro owner took the time to leave such a sensible reply. That says alot (about him, not the arguement).

Just laugh when they tell you these jokes. If they persist, tell them to prove it. Nothing speaks louder than results.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:54 PM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hey Mike.

Or....You could tell them to go out to the lot on Saturday night, and I'll take care of them for ya. Run what you Brung.

Tell them, ya, I know this guy named Mercury....You fill in the rest.

Serouisly though, I wouldnt waste my breath on those guys if I were you. The older crowd that you hang out with Saturday night knows the truth. The younger crowd that you go to school with obviously doesnt. If they persist on annouying you, ask them what there mechanical back ground is...There resume so to say.

I bet it will be...Oh man, my friend works at (Insert dealership name here)..Or, Man, my friend/father works at (Insert Quick Lube joint name here) and he's a (Insert Master Luber, or Tire Rotater here).

If they still persist, and are to ignorant and shallow to shut up, tell them you got a couple of freinds that can show them just how slow and broken down Us Fords..Ford Mustangs really are.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 12:01 AM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry ugggghh

They took the words right out of my mouth!!!! THEY are JEALOUS!!! Just tell them to kiss your ***** and that you'll meet them at the track. Tell them to PUT up or SHUT up!!!!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 12:28 AM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

92RS350 is right.

"Man I know this Civic that can smoke you Mus...."

"Is it yours?"

"Well no, it's...."

"Then shut-up"

O, if they still keep one about how there car is faster. Tell them to meet you some where and bring money. That usually shuts the little ricers up.

Here's a funny thing to do.

"Dude, you obviously don't know jack about car"

"I know all kinds of stuff"

"what's a camshaft?"

"ummm...I mean...errrrr....it's behind the air filter"

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 01:48 AM   #12
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I used to have that same problem, but i completely stopped listening to what people's opinions were on cars. Everyone is biased in some way or another and some of the most biased are also the most dumb. Ask them specifically some problems that Mustangs have. When they make up some lame @ss answer, come up with something for their car. Hell every car ever made has problems, you can even look around on the internet and find common wear items for any vehicle.
I actually don't talk about cars with people anymore unless they sound like they have something intelligent to say, even if it's critical. 9 out of 10 times though, it's usually something like "i've seen this car that will beat your car". Great.....that's not your car or my car so what's your damn point.......
i'm starting to rant, this bugs me too Josh.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 02:01 AM   #13
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

if it's a chevy or bird boy bothering you,tell him gmc stands for -ghey man's car, if it's a ricer just laugh like he-l.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 02:08 AM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

LOL don't let 'em get ya down!! Tell them to Put up or shut up!
Old 03-15-2002, 02:54 AM   #15
The Sandman
Registered Member

Mike, you should do what I do. Have no 'bias' or heritage of a brand name. Believe it or not guys, I am not biased towards GM/against Ford. I love Mustangs, and if they had a targa top (wouldn't look right with T-Tops) I'd have one... I just go on looks mostly, and to me the Firebird looked better than the Mustangs.

(Don't flame me for this, it is the truth) :
The performance aspect of the Mustang GTs are somewhat slacking compared to an LS1 Corvette or F-Bod. But that is nothing the very cheap aftermarket of Mustangs (especially 5.0s !) can't fix in a heartbeat. Aftermarket parts for an an LS1 are about twice as expensive, and there is less of a selection. I guess it evens out.

Anyways guys, that's truthful, don't kill me for it.

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 10:09 AM   #16
95mustanggt
Registered Member

F First

O On

R Race

D Day

That's what I use to counter "found on road Dead"

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 10:34 AM   #17
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Heu.... Camaro's ARE more expensive and parts for them ARE A LOT more expensive than stangs.
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 11:54 AM   #18
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by LT1 Z28
Heu.... Camaro's ARE more expensive and parts for them ARE A LOT more expensive than stangs.

That's very true!
Old 03-15-2002, 04:25 PM   #19
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default just another ol day

I was taking ur advise but some stuff is unavoidable. The people that were calling me a Jack @$$, today were speaking quietly but as i walked by i could here them talking about this tight mustang they saw yesterday, but they still think there cavaliers and neons can wope up anything. But hey i know things are going to be kinda funny cause i wore a fordracing shirt that says losers wear bowties but all the people that make fun of fords have seen my shirt and today i was told my milatary ball i will have to wear a BOWTIE .
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 03-15-2002, 09:39 PM   #20
69fastback
IRAQ VET

These are some things that i really dont understand. Everyone seems to always hate fords but ford always has 4 out of the top 10 best selling cars in america. Plus I have acutally heard people talk about what huge gm fans they are and then watched them drive home in there ford. People are just weird. I quit trying to worry about and just go on about my business.

Hey mike the white shirt and the black bowetie actually looks kinda cool in the class As. It is alot better than the green shrit and black neck tie.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote