MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-17-2002, 06:24 PM   #21
PKRWUD

Not in my opinion, but then, neither did the first one.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #22
Rstng93
Registered Member

Wow those cars are FLAAMMIINNGG!!
Rstng93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 02:16 PM   #23
The Fireman
Registered Member

Nope. No rice there.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:25 PM   #24
TruBluePony
Registered Member

IMO, the first one is not rice just kind of gay looking with that goofy wing which I don't see the purpose in even if it's a RWD because that thing is never going to go fast enough to need it. The second one is definetly rice. And what's up with the stickers on the side of it? And the last one is actually pretty cool too bad it's not a V8.
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 03:54 PM   #25
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
but it's still only a V6 (notice the badge on the fender).
And how exactly do you know this?

Are you aware that Saleens came with the pony badge to indicate that they began life as a V6 body? Good thing you don't race much, or you may have been devastated by a S351 wearing that running pony...

My car also has the running horse logo, although the deep rumble and 315 tires out back might make onlookers think twice about labeling my car a six cylinder. I just feel that the badge is prettier and cleaner than a big honkin' GT emblem. Just a note that although V6s can pose as V8s, it can also go both ways , so don't jump to conclusions, especially if you're going to line up against them!

The coolest sleeper I ever saw was a 94-98 GT with 15 inch V6 rims, and a dummy tailpipe
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 05:32 AM   #26
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Mustangbelle you make a good point...on my way home from work yesterday i was behind a 99-00 Mustang that I thought was a GT. As I rode behind him I noticed his exhaust pipes were smaller in diameter than they should have been, they looked like the pipes on a 94-98 Mustang. And we got on it a couple of times and I could easily pull right up on his back bumper with hardly any effort at all. So I turned the radio off to hear what he was sounding like and to my surprise that thing almost sounded like it had a fart pipe on it. Not quite but not normal either. So here was a V6 made up to be a GT. If you think about that it gives GT's a bad name because people will run this guy and if they beat him they are going to think it was an actual GT. If I see him around I'll post a picture of his car. It looked nice....but it was a poser.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:49 PM   #27
Tod
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

And how exactly do you know this?

Are you aware that Saleens came with the pony badge to indicate that they began life as a V6 body? Good thing you don't race much, or you may have been devastated by a S351 wearing that running pony...

My car also has the running horse logo, although the deep rumble and 315 tires out back might make onlookers think twice about labeling my car a six cylinder. I just feel that the badge is prettier and cleaner than a big honkin' GT emblem. Just a note that although V6s can pose as V8s, it can also go both ways , so don't jump to conclusions, especially if you're going to line up against them!

The coolest sleeper I ever saw was a 94-98 GT with 15 inch V6 rims, and a dummy tailpipe
1) you'd know a true Saleen from a poser. he's got the windshield sticker and the body kit and wing but, no Saleen graphics on the door like the originals.

2) if i'm lining up beside a Mustang with a V6 badge but rumbles like a S351 then common sense should tell me their are plenty of balls under the hood. i may not know as much as i would like about Mustangs, but i'm not an idiot ricer who acts before he thinks.

3) we can have our different opinions about the badge, but i'd prefer a "GT" badge if i had a GT or a transplanted V8 in an originally V6 car. but we all have our personal tastes and that's cool.

4) and i didn't jump to conclusions, i met the guy, it's a V6 Saleen look-alike with a few light mods and that's it.

Last edited by Tod; 06-19-2002 at 02:57 PM..
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 02:53 PM   #28
Tod
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TruBluePony
Mustangbelle you make a good point...on my way home from work yesterday i was behind a 99-00 Mustang that I thought was a GT. As I rode behind him I noticed his exhaust pipes were smaller in diameter than they should have been, they looked like the pipes on a 94-98 Mustang. And we got on it a couple of times and I could easily pull right up on his back bumper with hardly any effort at all. So I turned the radio off to hear what he was sounding like and to my surprise that thing almost sounded like it had a fart pipe on it. Not quite but not normal either. So here was a V6 made up to be a GT. If you think about that it gives GT's a bad name because people will run this guy and if they beat him they are going to think it was an actual GT. If I see him around I'll post a picture of his car. It looked nice....but it was a poser.
did it have the cutouts in the back bumper for the pipes? sometimes people put dual exhaust on their V6 stang without getting a GT bumper and just have them stick out underneath the bumper and it looks kinda obvoius it's not a GT. just wonderin'.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:14 AM   #29
TruBluePony
Registered Member

You know I didn't even think to look for that. I will the next time, but the tailpipes were definetly a smaller diameter than they should have been. And it didn't at all sound like a V8 would. And like I said he got on it a few times and I could pull right up to him, no problem. If I see him I will try to get a picture of it. I personally felt it sounded like crap and he had those Euro light's on the back and the front grill had been replaced with the metallic one. I saw what looked like a yellow 87 LX sitting at the gas station yesterday with a GT badge on the back and black racing stripes on it. It was a V6, given away by the one tailpipe that was pointed down. This kind of stuff is why you have these ricer's saying they beat a Mustang GT when in reality they were racing a six cylinder poser. I filled up my tank and waited for the owner to come out so I could ask him about his car and see if he would be stupid enough to tell me it was a GT so I could laugh at him but it ended up being two girls so I said the hell with it and left. I personally don't have problems with people trying to make their V6 Mustang look good but it irks me when I see someone trying to pass it off as GT.

BTW......check out this website www.riceboypage.com it's hilarious.

Last edited by TruBluePony; 06-20-2002 at 06:45 AM..
Old 06-20-2002, 03:27 PM   #30
Tod
Registered Member

we have a few of those around town. GT badges, GT foglights.....one tailpipe or 2 weak sounding 1" wide pipes = 0 performance.

it bugs me too but then i just think that it's not a problem to accept a challenge from them on the road heh. posers are becoming all too common nowadays, especially in the domestic car area. rice is rice, but posers are harder to spot on domestic cars imo.