MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-22-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Default Company car

While i was reading 6T9PONY's site on how he bought then restored his '69 stang with help from his dad and grandpa, and then how belle and Matt are now working on and fixing up a notch how cool it would be for Mustang Works to have it's own "Comapany Car" or even cars.

Where the money would come from and where *we'd* get the actual beater stang to choose to fix up i have no idea. i just thought how cool it would be for there to be an official "MW Stang" for the president and founder of the site to take an Official MW Stang to all kinds of shows to promote the site and the amount of knowledgeable and creative members that contribute to this board. it probly sounds crazy and not really plausable but i thought the idea sounded kinda fun.

maybe someone could donate a mustang that's seen it's better days, have a volunteer(s) work on the car. take it to friends of him/hers to do work on it for a "discount". collect parts donated by MW members and friends of members. we all pitch in on ideas for the car. what engine combo, color, suspension, rims, tires etc etc. it sounds kinda hokey but i thought throwing it out there wouldn't hurt.

if we couldn't decide on wether to go with an old school model from the 60's early 70's, a Fox body, SN95, or 99+ model year style then heck, let's do a couple of 'em.

again if it's completely stupid then say so. but wouldn't it be awsome for one of the mods to roll into a show with an Official MW Stang for the publics viewing pleasure and to get more peole to log into the Works? Maybe MM&FF will do a big article on it instead of throwing a one pager in the back of the mag with tiny little peices of info about the site and what it's all about.

just think; MW show car, MW Racing Team, MW car for the road course events. sorry, getting a little overhyped here.

oh the possibilities..........................
Old 06-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

someone needs to switch to decafe

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 02:08 AM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

It would definitely be a stretch...but that really sounds cool....

I'm sure it would get a LOT of attention from various magazines and such, especially if it was just a pristine showcar, ran close to single digit 1/4s, and could also tear around in the twisties.

I can just picture it being black with "MustangWorks.com" in gold pearl ghost letters....

I definitely think a Fox body Mustang would be the most appropriate. We could set up polls for paint scheme/wheels/engine combo, etc....

Just throwing my thoughts in the bucket....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I'll volunteer to keep it at my place.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 05:17 PM   #5
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
I'll volunteer to keep it at my place.
It should be kept somewhere where it can be driven year round!
like maybe Florida not Minnesota
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:10 PM   #6
jimberg
Registered Member

Isn't Project Death Machine pretty much what you are talking about?