MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-20-2002, 06:54 PM   #41
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Another voice in the wilderness is heard

Unit:

When I saw the opening line to your last post:

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with almost everything said here.

you really had me worried there for a moment; I thought you were about to come out against capitalism and common sense. Fortunately, you did the opposite and of course, I agree with your analysis. We can't 'fix' every human problem nor should be trying too. Compassion in this country is too often measured in how much 'the government' spends on any one problem - which simply translates to how much tax money are we going to use to attempt to 'fix' this specific situation for some group?

Republican and capitalist that I am I concede that a moral and affluent society has some obligation to help it's less fortunate members but not to attempt to 'fix' every problem - real or imagined - 100% and not to aid those who make their own problem.

Over half the adults in the U.S. are overweight. Who's fault is that? If that unhappy statistic applies to you, look in the mirror for the answer.

I believe that if you took most grossly overweight people, were able to confine them and feed them a sustenance diet for three months, they would lose noticable amounts of weight. It's happened. Sure there are exceptions and 'medical' reasons for obesity but those are rare. Mostly, it's mental. I've known one or two people who were 100 + pounds overweight and lost it all and never gained it back. One is a top marathon runner and in fantastic shape. It can be done - if you want to.

I'm willing to help people like Jayna's son (when his family is financially unable to do so) but not the wino who expects a SSI payment each month or the obese person who has chosen to eat themselves into a state where their great weight makes them unable to function normally anymore and they expect taxpayers to pay for their 'special needs'. Sorry. That's not compassion, that's license, enabling and even rewarding unhealthy, medically dangerous behavior and a rip-off of hardworking taxpayers already wasted dollars.

I hope the airlines win this 'seat' fight. They should.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 11:28 AM   #42
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Obviously they are not going to redo the seats in the planes. They havent even reinforced the cockpit doors on alot of planes yet (South west airlines)........

2000Stang Girl I agree with Chris you are one hell of a women. I read your other post and you son is one hell of a fighter. If I had to sit by your son on a plane, I would be in good company .

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote