MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Oktoberfest car show, won HS division!

Last Saturday (Oct. 5) the annual Rod 'N Roll Car show took place like it always does Oktoberfest Weekend. There were nearly 300 cars there. I entered my fastback in the high school division, and I won! A very, very nice '68 Camaro won best of show and a complete 350 Chevy engine. I took some pics of my car and a few others at the show, as soon as I get the right cable to hook up the digital cam I'll post them.

They gave out three plaques, but didn't place them 1-2-3. They just named the top three, in no particular order. One other winner was a girl from Greeley, CO with a very, very clean and very stock, black '96 Mustang GT. This girl also had a purple '66 Mustang with an I6 enterered, but it wasn't really anything special. The third winner was a kid with an '88 Chevy p/u. I don't remember seeing it though...

My favorite car there was a '33 Ford roadster. It was AWESOME! Bright red with a removable top, suicide doors, a Currie-built IRS, so sweet!

There were 2 other '69s there, a coupe with a 351C and a fastback with a 302. Neither were anything special. The coupe's owner is actually a friend of mine. A lot of parts on that car are from my wrecked coupe. Seats, fender, quarter extensions, interior quarter panels, and a few other miscellaneous items. The fastback was in good shape, but nothing special.

There were many more Fords/Mercuries there than any year in the past. The majority usually consists of GM products....

Pics soon!

Last edited by 6T9PONY; 10-09-2002 at 08:39 PM..
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:53 PM   #2
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Talking

Congrats Ben.
You have one beautiful car.

Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:12 PM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

CONGRATS BEN!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BITTEN BY THE 'SHOW BUG'!
Your car rocks! You deserve it!

One thing if it was a 'judged' show..they usually call the winners by the total points per car in order. If they indicate a 'first' the next would be second.
But if no indication, then just figure where your name was. If it was first or last you were either 1st or 3rd depending on wether they went from highest down, or lowest up.
Like my last show in Houston, there was 5 trophies in my class. The last one called was 'First Place' and i was the next to him, so essentially I got a Second.
Sounds like there was some badas$ cars there! I'm really happy for you! Did you ever find out if they finished the ONLINE show? I did not even know that they did that! Thats REALLY cool!
Congrats again, You built ya one badas$ ride there my man! BE PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:41 PM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default I WIN!

Well heck! It was a judged show, and my name was called first, and also listed first in the newspaper! So I WON! Someone told me that I was judged higher than the girl with the '96 GT, and her name was 2nd, so that means I won, right!?? Makes it that much sweeter!

I'm not sure when Summit decides there new winners....maybe once a month? I'll have to check into that! I'll let you know!
Old 10-09-2002, 11:52 PM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up U B D MAN!

YOU B D MAN!!!!!!!! YUP.....See, I told ya so!!!!!!!!!!! I"M ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNT

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a great feeling to just be getting started...you better start clearing out a REALLY big room for ALL THOSE TROPHIES...........
Your gonna need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, wish you could bring that BAD BOY down here for our MCOH show this Sunday....you think you could make it?

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:05 AM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah, you are ALLLLways right TNT...

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot.

I'll be hanging that plaque on my "Stang Wall" in my bedroom. One whole wall of nothing but Mustang and other Ford paraphernalia. I also have a few hubcaps, a Centerline wheel, a rod and piston, street signs, and a few other car parts hanging in my room! I also have a shelf of about 20 models I have built and collect!

Sometime I'll have to take pics of my room and post them too....anyone else have a Mustang/Ford/any-other-car shrine?

Sorry.....don't think I'll be making the trip down there this weekend....lol......

We have our Homecoming football game Friday night and the dance on Saturday night, and you know what that means!?!? Yes, that's right. A rough Sunday!