MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-16-2002, 12:07 AM   #1
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

Default I HATE TEENAGERS (rant)

"you know what makes me sick...ya know what makes me so angry I just wanna drain the gene pool"

Teenagers with daddys new car that think that they are hot stuff running 90 mph down a crowded street. I want to the "big city" around here with some friends tonight and when I pulled up there was a new GT and a brand new Lightning sitting there...we got out and I walked over there to discover 2 kids driving them, about my age, and started talking to them. I complimented them on their vehicles and discovered they are both NOT THEIRS momma and daddys rides...so we get done talking and they both begin to leave (at a very high rate of speed) Well, the GT got stopped and ticketed but the Lightning suffered a much worse fate...the rear end of a NEW BMW!! Now these are the MORONS that cause my insurance to be UNGODLY high each month and I'm tired of it...its time we - people who know when to drive WAO and when not to - to take a stand. I'm going to start reporting EVERY SINGLE teenager I see driving like this. I mean, not running 70 on the open highway but this was at a crowded mall and - I kid you not - the truck had to be doing 60 down the little road that small children are crossing going in and out with there parents. If I hadn't had to go home (curfew ) I was about to go whoop somebody (he was smaller than me )

I apologize for this post but both my parents are asleep and I needed to do some serious venting. In closing I say this: Use your head - the non-primitive side - when it comes to driving...save it for the track.
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
I HATE TEENAGERS (rant)
Quote:
if I hadent had to go home (curfew )
I'm assuming your a teenager also by the whole curfew comment? How about you change your thread to " I HATE TEENAGERS WHO HAVE NEW CARS THAT THEIR PARENTS BOUGHT THEM." Every now and then someone comes on here and says the same thing, hell we would all like cars given/bought for us, but it just doesn't happen like that. When your paying for your own car, you take so much better car of it....but put yourself in their shoes, you live a big house, and "dad" says, "Take out the lightning son." What are you going to say? When people are given/loaned cars 99% of the time they don't respect them or treat them good. But don't "hate" people just because they are driving a new car/truck, dislike them because they are unappreciative and don't know how to drive.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 12:45 AM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Irresponsible driving

Thanks for your rant as it makes a good point about teenage driving, especially in parent-owned fast cars.

It should be a no-brainer that irresponsible driving - speeding in totally inappropriate places - is dangerous and stupid.

Teenagers are not the only ones doing this but they are often the worst offenders having lots of enthusiasm, little driving experience and almost no understanding of the danger they pose to themselves and others when the put the pedal to the metal on a 300 HP vehicle in a crowded venue.

Unfortunately, when an adult says what you posted above it's often dumped on and dismissed by teens as some 'old guy' trying to spoil the fun of driving fast and various other knee-jerk defenses. Since you are in the same age group as those you rightly criticize , your words have more meaning than anything I or others might post on the subject.

We all speed but 75 or 80 on an interstate highway and 70 or 80 on a narrow side street loaded with kids - and driveways - is quite a different thing - and it's scary to see.
Especially when the driver is 16 with three months driving experience - and thinks he's immortal and that accidents only happen to other people.

Parents who allow inexperienced teens to drive high-powered cars (with minimal driving experience) are equally irresponsible and should be equally liable when tragedy strikes, as it can and does.

'Rich kids' (pampered teenagers) who are allowed to drive a parent-owned high-performance car recklessly are dangerous and should be grounded, or at least made to drive a Yugo for a year.

Thanks again for your astute observations on a subject that often receives little more than denials and justifications.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 01:06 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

You're right Pony.

My dad bought me my first car but when he handed me the keys, I said 'Bye...I'm going to go riding around'. Well, on my way out the door he said, 'Uhhmm...You forgot something' I replied; What? He threw me a little black payment book then said 'Get a job' He-he.

We still laugh about it but I took care of that car & respected it more because I had to pay for it. Even though back in the early-to-mid '70's you could get away with street racing more than you can now. There wasn't as many cars as there are now.

Oh well, enough of my long -winded story.

See ya

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 02:25 AM   #5
Capri306

Okay, you should've titled the thread, "Why I hate spoiled little punks, and why their parents are idiots." Seriously, I know exactly what you're talking about. Some kids just don't get it, and I FULLY blame their parents for not instilling some level of responsibility into them. I never understood for the longest time why my mum was always saying, "you've got to be more responsible!" Well, low and behold, at 21 years old, I finally understand.....actually, I'll be a smart-arse and say I understood why at about 19. It seems like there is a society of losers being bred on purpose out there these days, especially when you see this crap happen on a daily basis. Okay, when I was that age, I did some dumb stuff, but that was it: dumb. No one got hurt, arrested, shot, killed, or their property damaged....unless you consider TP and smashed-up garbage cans real destruction of property; I call it collateral damage. When I F-ed up, I knew it, and my parents made DAMN sure I knew it!!! Good 'rents always know what's up, BTW. To conclude my rant, I'll say flat-out *giving* a new car to a fresh driver without any responsibility or conscience is about as dumb as it gets.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 06:01 AM   #6
PKRWUD

Default Re: Irresponsible driving

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
'Rich kids' (pampered teenagers) who are allowed to drive a parent-owned high-performance car recklessly are dangerous and should be grounded, or at least made to drive a Yugo for a year.
Ooohhh, ouch! That's pretty low. Fitting, but low. I didn't see that one coming.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 06:38 AM   #7
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

There are some REALLY bad teenage drivers. The worst ones, IMO, are the guys with fast cars, and girls with put on make-up, change CD's, talk on the cell phone, and turn around talking to their friends in the back seat all at the same time. There is this guy at school that's had a lot of cool cars(SS's, WS6's, GT's, Muscle cars). About 8 in all. He's smashed them all up. The longest he's had one is 5 months. But mommy and daddy will run right out and buy him another car, after he smashes up one.

I'm not saying that I've never done anything stupid, but I'm a lot safe driver that a lot of teenagers.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 12:25 PM   #8
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation damn brats....

hey we were all teenagers once! we all speeded around like maniacs! (well not all of us) we did stupid things. for example, never play car tag at midnight! case closed......
Old 02-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

My 1st car was an 86 2.2L dodge charger and it said 2.2 really big on the hood........I had the car 4 years swapped the motor 3 times
and broke the center out of the flywheel.

When I was 18 my mom bought a new 95 V8 formula firebird and never ever let me drive it looking back on it that was probably a good thing.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 01:16 PM   #10
91PA5liter
Registered Member

Angry

I agree with you so much.

Where I live there are so many rich kids that drive mommy and daddys cars (or they paid for them) that it's ridiculous. They show no respect, and their also the kids that don't have a job and spend all of their parents money on drugs and alcohol. But hey, if they wanna blow their money on that - it's fine with me - as long as when their out drinkin' and driving they don't smash into me.

I had my 94 Geo Prizm for a year before I was allowed to buy my Mustang. I paid for both of my cars and the insurance, so I dont treat them like crap.

I do drive fast, what 18 year old doesn't? But in a mall parking lot that has to be the most stupid thing I've heard all day!
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 01:19 PM   #11
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Geez, Ouch, not all of us are like that,(maybe 1 out of 100) though I can relate to your feelings about it. I bought and paid for all of my mustangs only thing my parents helped me on was my insurance.

Adults can be just as bad. Actually I almost get into more accidents with adults than teenagers that are being stupid.
I believe that if a teen bought and paid for their own cars they would drive alot more cautiously because they know if they wreck it that they just wasted thousands of dollars on a car. But if mom or dad pays for it I guess they assume that their parents will get them a new one and its no big deal.

Also more and more kids are able to buy fast new cars all by themselves. Hell Pizza hut is hiring full time at 12 bucks an hour. Thats enough for this one girl I know thats 20 and has a brand new mustang gt with mods. I know its a littl e hard to believe but Id say 4 out of 10 cars is indeed the teenagers car not their parents.
Old 02-16-2002, 02:46 PM   #12
Tod
Registered Member

it's still sad that there are still 6 out of 10 cars that are driven by kids as gifts from their parents.

i was at a car wash (the automatic kind where people sweep it out and dry it off without you lifting a finger heh) the summer after i bought my car. the line was long and at this car wash there were 2 seperate lines along side each other. while i was waiting for the car to go through i was inside and an old lady came up to me and said; "i saw your car when you were next to us in line, was it car a graduation gift from your parents?" i smiled and proudly said "no, i've been working for 2 years striaght out of high school and i had enough to buy it myself." the lady smiled back and said "well that's good to hear, you must be proud of being able to do it with your own money."

she has no idea how good it feels.......
Old 02-16-2002, 03:26 PM   #13
lx mike
Undescribable

I think it all comes down to respect. think about it a minute. if you work all summer long while your friends are at the beach or mall or whereever, and you buy your own car aren't you going to treat it and drive more responsible than if "daddy" or "mommy" just bought for you possibly without knowing what it is capable of??
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #14
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default It's not all

i am a 15 year old and my dad is giving me the 93 lx but he wont give it to me unless he feels im confident of driving it and not wrecking it or getting a ticket cause if i wreck it i will have no car. so i dont think its all teens if its anybody its import cause i see that they cant drive. last sat. there was this 18 sec. civic with some young g.i. army punk come roll in and try and race in the parking lot. I hate teens to and i am one.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 07:45 PM   #15
PKRWUD

Exclamation

Kids will be kids. They can't help it, it's nature.

The best-intentioned kid will have a moment when he turns to get something from the back seat or enters a wet turn too fast or any one of hundreds of little things that you learn to avoid from experience.

I'm not saying adult drivers are any better or any safer, but the real factor - when it comes down to who's going to crash their car - is experience. You just cant buy that.

That's why now, approaching 36, I think it's foolish for a driver with less than 3 years experience to get anything more than a beater for a car.
Odds are against him getting through those 3 years without a major F-up of some kind. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. I swear I see it every day. High school/college kids driving like they're the only ones on the road. Yeah, I'm sounding like my Grandmother now, but perspective will do that to you.

I was just as bad. I remember thinking how 'in control' I was and how all I had to worry about was me. Now, I worry more about the other guy. When you mix rookie drivers with a car that's got balls, you're just asking for trouble.

I think it should be earned, with time.

Take care,

Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 08:13 PM   #16
Tod
Registered Member

along with the "along with age, comes experience" thing. i'm only 21, and i've had my liscence for just over 5 years. in that short time i've driven and estimated 90-100K miles in that time (give or take a few thousand heh). out of school i worked with my father and we'd average about a half hour to an hour drive to work every day about (60-70 miles a day). now that's roughly 2 hours of driving 5 days a week (+ the weekends driving all over town). you learn quickly and you pretty much see first hand many times a month just how STUPID people (not just teenagers) can be. sometimes on the freeway sometimes on a regular road. things like changing 3 lanes at a time in busy traffic, passing people on a double yellow line OVER a hill, putting on makeup, playing with their little dogs in the front seat, yelling at their kids in the back of the minivan; everything you could imagine. i've also witnessed a few crashes and it's just not something i wanna risk by being stupid at the wheel. adults as well as teenagers can be brain-dead in their car/truck/SUV/van. i may have been stopped for speeding a number of times but i've never been in any kind of accident that was my fault, and i've avoided a few as well.

thing is, it takes common sense and a reasonable attitude to be a good driver. not just good driving skills. you need to respect the automobile and know what you are able to do in certain situations. i think it's all about your knowledge of the car and your attitude.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:31 PM   #17
srv1
Get down.....

Default PKRWUD is MR 5.0!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Kids will be kids. They can't help it, it's nature.

The best-intentioned kid will have a moment when he turns to get something from the back seat or enters a wet turn too fast or any one of hundreds of little things that you learn to avoid from experience.

I'm not saying adult drivers are any better or any safer, but the real factor - when it comes down to who's going to crash their car - is experience. You just cant buy that.

That's why now, approaching 36, I think it's foolish for a driver with less than 3 years experience to get anything more than a beater for a car.
Odds are against him getting through those 3 years without a major F-up of some kind. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. I swear I see it every day. High school/college kids driving like they're the only ones on the road. Yeah, I'm sounding like my Grandmother now, but perspective will do that to you.

I was just as bad. I remember thinking how 'in control' I was and how all I had to worry about was me. Now, I worry more about the other guy. When you mix rookie drivers with a car that's got balls, you're just asking for trouble.

I think it should be earned, with time.

Take care,

Chris
could it be? the whole time PKRWUD is MR 5.0? haha j/k sorry couldnt help myself.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:50 PM   #18
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry

I just want you guys to know I was reading this thread and it is a subject that REALLY pisses me off. I don't really even feel like talking about this subject about kids and cars and their IDIOT parents and taking things for granted, mistreating cars and endangering the lives of others it pisses me off so much. I could go on and on But I'll just end with saying this: 302blownpony, I feel your pain, man.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 03:51 AM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Although I'm no angel behind the wheel, I have to agree w/ alot of ya'll...I have said this before....growing up in a town where most of the students cars were all VERY EXPENSIVE, AND GIVEN TO THEM BY THIER PARENTS(and better than most the teachers were).
Which mine was not, because I didnt even drive till I was out of highschool for one year and working at the same job i'm at now...and started out w/ a crappy old ugly neon blue PINTO...I think that they dont appreciate them as much. So what, they wreck it, daddy will get it fixed. I've done some stupid stuff too, in the past(and present) but it hurts alot more when its something you worked for and have put yourself into.
I think everyone should be forced to start thier driving careers in Pintos or a Pacer for the first couple of years....IMO!
And for those of you out there(younger ones) w/ your nice Stangs that have the good sense to post like you have , I commend ya'll....I'm not saying that the folks buying ya'lls cars makes ya'll any particular way, you just have enough sense and maturity to appreciate what you have and to also respect what you have, and respect others....and I think thats great, and very cool!! Keep up the good work!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 04:32 PM   #20
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I hate teenagers too But really i hate those whose parents buy them brand new cars when they first get thier license. I drove a 1986 oldsmobile cutlass ciera 4 door for over a year after i got my license. Then i got a job and bought my mustang. Actually my parents helped me buy it at first but i am paying them back with payments every month. I agree that every person should drive some kind of car that isnt necessdarily a beater but not one that they can be proud of or most of all a fast one that they canharm other people with. It pisses me off to see people my age (17) driving brand new cars like they don't even care about what will happen to the car.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote