MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2001, 02:03 AM   #21
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Man, this post is begining to get ugly.

Back to the subject of Driving/riding like a moron. I also hate when some Jack a$$ dies and everyone feels sorry for him all of a sudden.

Seems like now adays you can fly through Rush HOur traffic at 170 MPH standing your bike on one wheel for 5 miles, blow by 9 crossing gaurds in active school zones, hit an old lady crossing the street after you run over a Litter of kittens AND DIE IN A FIREY CRASH, AND PEOPLE STILL say the MORONS DEATH is some kind of tradegedy, and it was the Bike Manufactures fault for letting the Movie industry make a movie about street racing.

I know that doesnt make much sense but it helps illustrate how people in General dont make much sense anymore. Make sense?

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 10-16-2001).]
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 06:01 AM   #22
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Merc u make lots of sense I totally agree with what u are saying. It is crap that someone goes out and does stuff like that but there death is a tradegy. It doesn't make any sense at all.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 09:38 AM   #23
LowDown
Registered Member

Show me one Crotch Rocket that has a sound as Powerfull and Awe-inspiring as that of a well tuned Harley, has a heritage as rich as a Harley, and maintains or increases in value for decades after it leaves the showroom floor. Harley Davidson is not about weaving in and out of traffic at 120mph praying that you don't hit a rock or that noone changes lanes in front of you. It's about relaxing, cruising, and enjoying the scenary as well as the wind in your face.....And you don't have to rest your chin on the gas tank while you ride. So don't talk about the shortcomings of the performance of Harleys. Anyone who rides a bike at top speed is asking for an "early retirement".

[This message has been edited by LowDown (edited 10-16-2001).]
LowDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:27 PM   #24
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I wrote this long reply the other day and decided not to post it, but now I think it's time. I'll make this short and try to comment on the idiotic things that have been said. Particulary one.

***You probably still believe you are always safer wearing a helmet, too. The fool. Right now you seem too obsessed with the pre-teenage mentality that this thread has been talking about. Nice try, squid.

You are ALOT safer wearing a helmet! And if you say your safer not wearing a helmet, your an idiot. Helmets have saved many, many lives. If you ride a motorcycle without a helmet your asking for it. And yeah, yeah, I know Harley's are so cool and no-one that rides hardly ever wear helmets. So that is the "in" thing to do. But I mean WTF.... I worked at a motorcycle shop, I've owned ton's of motorcycles. And I've ridden Harley's, mostly sportbikes though, and there is NO COMPARISON. All these people that talk sh!t about sportbikes, that own harley's, really have no clue. And all I see around here are middle aged men on Harley's that think they are JUST BAD A$$. They just sit there and rev up there slow bikes, more so than the sportbikes. I mean I suppose Harley's are cool if you just want to cruise......and look cool to the older ladies......but if you've ever ridden a new sportbike, there is no other feeling like it.
Some of the newer big bore bikes have 9 second 1/4 mile capabilities(gsxr1000,ZX12R, Busa)and have top speed's a lil under 190mph.
It just comes down to being careful, and not being a jacka$$ all the time. Wheelies can be very controlable, also. Someone said something about a CBR600 running 10.40's stock? That is pure BS! Moving on...

***Some sick corner in my head thought about swerving into the guy to teach him a lesson, but of course I'd never actually do it, but these guys really piss me off. This is not the first time I've seen this! I've seen kids do this during rush hour.

Yeah next time I see you doing a burnout in your car, I'll swerve and run into you with my trashtruck and kill you. WTF. That is basically an analogy to what your saying. I mean if you swerve into a bike that is wheelying your going to kill him, and I think you know that. Wheelies are all part of motorcycling. I am not necessarily saying wheelying in traffic is a smart idea, that would be pretty stupid. But....wheelying is fun, if you've never rode wheelies on a motorcycle then you have know clue.

***I guess doing stupid things in a 2000lb tin can at 80 miles an hour isn't good enough for some of these brainiacs, so they start doing idiotic crap on a 150 pound bike at 120 miles an hour.

No sportbike weighs 150 pounds, I only wish.

Doing 170+mph gives you an insane adrenaline rush, it's just like doing a huge burnout, or lifting the front wheels of your car. You just have to be careful and know when and when not to do it. For you guys that have never ridden a sportbike you just don't know what your missing.

***That's right, it's those piece of crap rice rockets that are worth more for their metal value at a recycling plant than as a motorcycle. If and when you grow up, maybe you'll have a better understanding of things.

Don't even get me started on a Harley's vs. sportbike's. Who cares what sportbikes are worth after a few years? They are the most technological advanced bikes in the world. And might I add the fastest.

By the way Buell's blow...I mean look at the buell blast, entry level performance, like 14hp, WATCH OUT NOW! And the top of the line Buell's aren't that much faster. ;o)

Did I just see someone say that helmets are dangerous?

***I too am armed to the teeth with facts and figures that prove helmets are more dangerous, and more,

You are a true Harley rider. The older people get, the more their opinion changes, and they want something more comfortable, that's fine, it's what you like, and I like what I like, that's what comprises the world. But don't come on here preaching that Harley's are the greatest, best made bike in the world.

***If the Buell's weren't so damn expensive, more t-shirt wearing teens would be dying on them.

They aren't any more expensive than the newest crop of 1000cc sportbikes. And the reason teens don't buy them, is because they are not a sportbike. Clear and simple, I mean come on they have a harley engine. The top of the line Buell, has 100hp. Buell's just don't fit in with sportbikes. I don't know one person that says I WANT A BUELL, but I can't have one because they are too expensive. Geez, Buell's don't compare...

And the next person that calls all people that have "sportbikes" a ricer, I challenge them to a duel! ;o) Come on guys, I know a sportbike has a little more horsepower than a 4 cyl. honda, but get a grip.

Too some all this up, everybody has diff. opinions, but what matters is your own.

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.4's bone stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:37 PM   #25
PGkelly
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89:
Someone said something about a CBR600 running 10.40's stock? That is pure BS! Moving on...

i refer you to the magazine 'motorcyclist'. every month, on the last page, they publish a section called "hard numbers". best 1/4 miles times, dyno numbers, dry/wet weight figures. all 1/4 times are corrected to sea level, and they are proffesional riders, which is why i said 10.40's under ideal conditions. 11's are what most people will see.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:54 PM   #26
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
***Some sick corner in my head thought about swerving into the guy to teach him a lesson, but of course I'd never actually do it, but these guys really piss me off. This is not the first time I've seen this! I've seen kids do this during rush hour.

Yeah next time I see you doing a burnout in your car, I'll swerve and run into you with my trashtruck and kill you. WTF. That is basically an analogy to what your saying. I mean if you swerve into a bike that is wheelying your going to kill him, and I think you know that. Wheelies are all part of motorcycling. I am not necessarily saying wheelying in traffic is a smart idea, that would be pretty stupid. But....wheelying is fun, if you've never rode wheelies on a motorcycle then you have know clue.

And the next person that calls all people that have "sportbikes" a ricer, I challenge them to a duel! ;o) Come on guys, I know a sportbike has a little more horsepower than a 4 cyl. honda, but get a grip.

Too some all this up, everybody has diff. opinions, but what matters is your own.

You are completely missing the point.

Especially with these 2 statements.

First, you can...no I invite you to smash into me if I was this dumb.

1. Doing wheelies in rush hour traffic is comparable to me drag racing with one eye covered, 1 hand behind my back, and an explosive device on my car so that if I so much as touch anyone it blows up and kills me. I mean what if some one opened there car door to adjust something or to re-closed it (if it wasn't fully closed)? BOOM! you have one dead motorcycle guy!

2. Doing wheelies at night is no smarter. First the front head light is pointed upward and not forward, which makes seening this guy almost impossible. The only reason I saw him was because I had my windows down, no music playing, and heard the guy coming. I was on extra alert. The way people drive is Dallas, this is asking for some one to kill him. So If I turn off all my lights, cover one eye, put 1 hand behind my back, and an explosive device on my car so that if I so much as touch anyone it blows up and kills me, you can crash into me with your truck.

The point I'm trying to make is that These guys are playing Russin Roulette with 5 freaking bullets. If I ever acted that stupid, I give permission to anyone on this board to crash into me!

And I'll take your duel. To me anyone who acts so stupid is a ricer. To me that is what separates "US from THEM". It's not neccessarily the car (although that is a big part of it), it is the attitude. And the way these guys act, I call them, ricers.

95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:29 PM   #27
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Yeah wheelying on a stock bike at night is stupid, because you can't really see, and other people can't see you hardly. But they do make wheelie lights, that go on the bottom of your lower fairing, and when you wheelie EVERYONE can clearly see you, and you cans ee as well. Wheelying in heavy traffic is stupid, yeah....I'll agree with that. And also Dalls traffic is ALOT worse than any traffic around me. Wheelying in that traffic or any traffic would be a death wish.

*** i refer you to the magazine 'motorcyclist'. every month, on the last page, they publish a section called "hard numbers". best 1/4 miles times, dyno numbers, dry/wet weight figures. all 1/4 times are corrected to sea level, and they are proffesional riders, which is why i said 10.40's under ideal conditions. 11's are what most people will see.

Yeah and the time in the 'motorcyclist' on a CBR600 is not a 10.40, is it? Kinda funny I "believe" that mag. has the R1 running a 10.30 in the back section as you are talking about. No WAY a stock CBR600 will run a 10.40....there is no way. I've had 600's, 1000's, etc...10.40 a CBR just can't do in stock trim. Now I'll give it high 10's, just not a 10.40.

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 05:50 PM   #28
PGkelly
Registered Member

err, excuse me. i WAS mistaken. SORRY. i went and checked, they have it doing 10.71@126.7, which is pretty believable for sea-level conditions and a super-good rider. i must've had it confused with the R1, which they have listed as 10.42@134.7

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 06:18 PM   #29
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

It's ok, we all make mistakes.

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.

Old 10-16-2001, 06:51 PM   #30
Unit 5302
Registered Member

There are a couple people on this board able to run mid 10's on a 600. The R1 is a wheelie monster. You can't get ultra fast stock times out of it because it will flip itself.

As far as a crotch rocket that holds value like a Harley, try on a Ducati. Japanese bike that sounds better than any Harley ever built, called a V-Max. The Ducati also sounds way better than any Harley, but it's Italian.

PKRWUD the Harley has been a piece of **** for many years. I do see problems posted when Mustangs don't start, thing is, it's not ever since they were new that the problems existed, nor is it everytime. In the case of the older Harley's, it's not a part that's broken, it's the poor function of the parts to begin with. Even Harley realized they were building junk when they basically went under in the late 70's early 80's. You don't see any Japanese bikes around from the 1960's because they weren't built back then, but you see a TON of 70's bikes from Japanese manufacturers. Harley began a comeback where they redesigned their engines in the early 80's trying to actually build something reliable. I guess they couldn't figure out how to build quality and performance into a single engine, so they farmed their work out to the Germans. Who do you think designed the new Harley engines? It wasn't Harley. Porsche did 100% of the designing of those engines.

Then you want to talk about working on bikes. Well, guess you'd be attacking the newer cars there too? Not many home mechanics exist anymore and the Harley's are rolling into the shops just like everything else. From everything I've seen, all most sportbikes require is a tune up now and then for the 30,000 hard miles they get beat on. So what if they are hard to work on? You don't have to. Actually, I don't find them all that hard to work on anyway.

On the issue of becoming trendy to own a Harley, you are correct. The reason it's trendy is because of the past image of being a rebel.

As far as my age coming into it, I've never liked Harley's. Even when my older bro had his years and years ago. They are modifed to be obnoxiously loud, and they are the equivelent of a Caprice or something. Very little power (less than a stock 5.0HO per cube, that's just plain sick for a bike), heavy, and expensive. The Mustang I drive is much more closely related to a rocket. Smaller, faster, more performance oriented. How it gets there I don't care. Just that it is what I like. You may find some people "outgrow" rockets, but I think many more keep with them because of how much fun they are when ridden by non-psycho's.

If I was to buy a cruiser, and I wanted to remain in the US market, it would be a Polaris, hands down. They build their engines, just like for thier sleds, really American, not imported under the guise of it.

To each his own, but I'm a little ashamed of the fact we have no domestic performance motorcycles. The way our performance car market it going, perhaps in a few years there will be none of those either.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 08:36 PM   #31
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah wheelying on a stock bike at night is stupid, because you can't really see, and other people can't see you hardly. But they do make wheelie lights, that go on the bottom of your lower fairing, and when you wheelie EVERYONE can clearly see you, and you cans ee as well. Wheelying in heavy traffic is stupid, yeah....I'll agree with that. And also Dalls traffic is ALOT worse than any traffic around me. Wheelying in that traffic or any traffic would be a death wish.
Ya, I wasn't attacking sport bikes, it was more of an attack on stupid people. I've owned a bike before, and I've been in car accidents before too. All I know is that if I was riding my bike when I was in just one of those accidents, I would not be here right now. It's easy to kill your self on a bike, I just can't believe how dumb some of these guys are. Do they know how close they could be to death?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 10-16-2001, 08:49 PM   #32
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

You like a sportbike? Cool.
You like a Harley? Cool.
You got facts? Splendid. Now let's try to
state them without name calling.
You have a problem with someone liking the other? Shut the **** up.

What is wrong with you people? I love a sportbike any day of the week, but I sure as hell wouldn't wheelie in traffic. Stop assuming all sportbikers are like this. That's like assuming all Mustang drivers are speeding idiots. 5.0 lovers constantly claim to be a victim of stereotypes, yet they perpetuate others.

------------------
Elisha~5.0 HO Racing (ahem HIGH OUTPUT!)
1994 GT: The Primered Wonder!
Email: Belle@Mustangworks.com
AOL name: FZRBelle306
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 08:53 PM   #33
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***There are a couple people on this board able to run mid 10's on a 600. The R1 is a wheelie monster. You can't get ultra fast stock times out of it because it will flip itself.

Yeah I never said they couldn't, I just said a stock CBR600 couldn't. Yeah I had a 00' R1 and it was a wheelie monster. I remember seeing someones sig. saying they had a ZX6R running like 10.30's? Well anyway whoever it is it's not on a stock 600.

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.

Old 10-16-2001, 08:54 PM   #34
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt:
It's easy to kill your self on a bike, I just can't believe how dumb some of these guys are. Do they know how close they could be to death?
A good portion of them do not. Then again, I know guys who can ride wheelies all the way down the highway weaving the lines like a slalom, front wheel never touching the ground. Our perception of that any given rider is actually relatively under control is difficult to actually prove correct. For all you know the nut you see doing **** like that is a professional racer. A lot of Scooby's out there are just monkey see-monkey do though. Too bad it's hard to tell the pros from the punks.

Same with us though. How many times have you seen some punk-*** driving a stang that has no idea what he's doing? Attempting the same thing, somebody who knows what they are doing is much more in control of the situation.

It goes back to an earlier post about a guy killing himself at the track on a bike posted by TurboLX I think. You have to respect the machine you are on, especially things like snowmobiles, atv's, and motorcycles. If you don't, you're gonna die.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 09:01 PM   #35
1965GTO
Registered Member

Why in the hell do you care if some guy rides wheelies at 90 mph, revs his engine, rides a harley that is louder than hell, or any thing else? Maybe jealousy? I saw two guys pulling wheelies not long ago. One of them pulled a ninja all the way over and busted his *** . Just wish I had my video camera! It is suppose to be a free country and nothing is much freer than riding a motorcycle. Haven't had one now for several years and never had the balls to do wheelies, but I use to bracket race on one.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 10:23 PM   #36
PKRWUD

Gentlemen,
What you ride is your choice. Your opinions of what other people ride is yours freely as well. When it comes to helmets, and the misconception that you are ALWAYS safer wearing one, I have to draw the line. When it comes to some idiot pasing a law that says I have to wear a brain bucket so my face is pretty at the funeral, I react. If you really believe that you are safer with a helmet, then by all means, don't be a hypocrite, start a letter writing campaign to your congressmen asking for a helmet law for autos. After all, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 90% of all traffic fatalities are in autos, and approximately 50% of all auto fatalities are due to head injuries. In otherwords, roughly 45% of all traffic fatalities are due to auto head injuries, while .05% are from non-helmeted motorcyclists. The four safest states to ride a motorcycle in, which had the lowest percentage of accidents and fatalities, do not reqire helmets. It should also be noted that states with mandatory helmet requirements have a higher motorcycle fatality rate than those that don't. In fact, New Jersey motorcycle fatalities increased 340% after they passed their helmet law. The lowest fatality increase among US states after passing a helmet law was 166.7% in Rhode Island in 1971. According to NHTSA, the current national average states that use of helmets is accompanied by a 16.6% greater incidence of accidents and 3% more fatalities. It is my opinion that this is largely due to the false sense of security that a helmet gives most riders. A helmet cannot prevent an accident, either. According to Dr. John Lewis, Trauma Specialist, Los Angeles, Ca., "It is a rare instance where a motorcycle helmet makes a difference as far as a motorcycle accident is concerned. Most accidents are chest and abdominal or extremity related". A study by the Utah Highway Safety Department showed that helmet usage does not significantly reduce the severity of head injuries. According to the Bell Helmets' Dealers Guide, "an incorrectly fitted helmet can do more damage than no helmet at all"... and most people buy a helmet that fits too loosely because it is more comfortable. The Hurt Study from the University of Southern California (USC) shows that helmets are most useful in a very small range of slow-speed accidents. At highway speeds, helmets are for keeping off bugs, period. The Federal Department of Transportation concurs. According to them, there is no evidence that any helmet thus far, regardless of cost or design, is capable of rejecting impact stress above 13 miles per hour. In fact, in one of the DOT's recent tests, 90% of all helmets tested were defective. A study by the University of Utah Speech and Hearing Clinic found that helmets restrict hearing and distort sound direction, thus creating confusion. Not everyone has the ability to ride a motorcycle, and certainly not without proper training. All the safety equipment in the world cannot save the inept, unskilled rider. The bottom line is that as far as factual numbers are concerned, you are more likely to die wearing a helmet than not wearing a helmet. You are also more likely to be involved in an accident. If you still want to wear one, I think that should be your right. If I don't, that should be my right, too. Let those who ride decide.

Take care,
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 10:52 PM   #37
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Exclamation

Whoa, lot of info PKRWUD. I tend to agree with you as I've heard similar comparisons with other safety equipment.

When I started this post it was in disbelief about some of the stupid things I've witnessed over the past couple of weeks. I didn't mean to start a Sport Bike Vs. Harley debate or something. Nor make generalities about bikers.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 10-16-2001, 10:53 PM   #38
PKRWUD

Unit-
I freely admit that Porsche has assisted Harley with their EVO engine and their new Revolution engine. I have no problem with that. Are you implying that Porsche is junk? Personally, the idea of driving the new VROD sounds interesting, but not what I would enjoy driving regularly. I admit that upping the horsepower to 115 in stock form is an unexpected surprise (especially since the engine is so much smaller), as is the concept of a Harley running at 9000 rpms for prolonged periods of time, but I still think it's too ricey for me. The whole motorcycle has been redesigned, and finally has all of the "technology" that the ricers like to brag about, which just isn't appealing to me. As far as older Jap bikes, they sure were built in 1960. They've been built in Japan almost as long as they have in this country. They just didn't last. I think it's fascinating that there are so many 70's Jap bikes in your neighborhood. Around here, the only ones still around are planters in back yards.

I'm glad we all agree that there is no denying that in the Harley vs. ricer debate, one is junk while the other is the best. It's too bad you guys haven't figured the correct answer, yet. Oh, now, relax. In your world, you're correct, and in my world, I'm correct. This time. Peace?

Take care,
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 10:58 PM   #39
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***It should also be noted that states with mandatory helmet requirements have a higher motorcycle fatality rate than those that don't.

Not true. I did a huge report back in high school, on motorcycle saftey by the way. Everyone has a choice, frankly I don't care if you wear a helmet or not. But saying that it won't help you in the event of a crash is pure stupidity. And by the way, it's just the opposite of what you said. States that have mandatory helmet laws, have fewer fatal crashes on motorcycles. So your telling me if a guy without a helmet crashes at 5mph and hits his head on the cement, he is better prepared, than a guy wearing a helmet in the same situation? It could be the choice between life and death, you can decide your fate. I have seen many people walk away from high speed crashes. They would not have walked away from the crashes if it hadn't been for protective gear, and a helmet. Also I have seen people face plant without a helmet and it ground their face all the way down to nothing, and all you can see are two eyeballs and a tongue hanging there in a bunch of tore up meat and blood, but the guy was alive, everything was fine, except for his face, if only he had a helmet, he would've been fine.....You can choose to not wear a helmet, most harley guys do...and that is why most harley crashes are fatal. But please do not promote not wearing a helmet is safer, I wear a helmet all the time when riding a street bike, for wind protection, bug protection, etc...and mostly because I feel naked without it, kinda like a seatbelt. Why take a chance of dying on a stupid crash? And it could also save your life in the event of a major crash. Yeah..you can have the attitude, that if your going to crash hardcore, you'll want to die anyway. But it's people like you that when they do crash they wish'd they would've had a helmet. But it's ok...all it takes is one, and then it's too late for most people. Motorcyclist, should always wear protective gear, and saftery equipment when they ride. Also you failed to mention in your endless supply of motorcycle/helmet statistics, that MOST fatal motorcycle accidents, are caused because of head injuries. "Hmmmm...that just proves dem damed ol helmets are more dangerous to wear on the head. You ****** hillbilly." Geez, I can hear you saying that now. Why wouldn't you wear a helmet anyway, I have a BAD A$$ that I am proud to carry around. It's a great conversation piece and the girls dig it too. ;o)

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.
PRO 5.0 shifter(for sale)
BBK SFC(for sale)
5" AM Ph. tach(for sale)
BBK 70mm TB and EGR spacer(for sale)more....

2000 SS

1 bad *** 1989 tubbed S-10

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 10:58 PM   #40
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
[BI remember seeing someones sig. saying they had a ZX6R running like 10.30's? Well anyway whoever it is it's not on a stock 600.

[/B]
That would be me... The engine is stock, the only mods on that bike are a K&N filter, carbs jetted nice, and a free flow exhaust system. While the big bikes are pulling wheelies wa-a-a-a-y easy, you can nail these from the line and put pressure on the front to keep the wheel low. On big bikes they don't ever really get into it because that damn wheel comes up so easy! But I still want a bigger bike!! Mine's fun, for now!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote