MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-28-2001, 09:32 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Angry Very bad things

Yesterday, while my wife was going to work, the Cobra had a nervous breakdown. She decided I had not spent enough money on her. She chewed up her throw-out bearing, bent her shift forks, and nearly destroyed her clutch. Today, as if the aforementioned wasn't enough, I found a nice size hole in the H-pipe, right below the header flange, not to mention the bent pipe. Well, at least the engine is still intact, for now. So far, this little temper tantrum has cost me $700. What's next?
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 10:05 PM   #2
cobrazex
Registered Member

Cool

Very unusual "she" would experience all these difficulties without any warning....The things you describe should not have happened all of a sudden unless you were driving the living shttt out of her. Fix her and treat her better and she will perform for you (and get the car fixed too).....

------------------
...1996 SALEEN s281 vert & 1998 Cobra vert
cobrazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #3
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

LOL I had the same problem with one of my girls on Sunday. I neglected the 68 for a few weeks due to bad weather and I was sick. Well, when I took her out for a cruise she got me back for the neglect!!! Her carb floats got stuck, she spewed gas out of it, and wouldn't start for me! I fixed her at the gas station and told her I was sorry and she's been fine since then! LOL I SWEAR SHE IS ALIVE!

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 11:03 PM   #4
97snakedriver
Registered Member

You're not treating her right if all of a sudden 4 separate things become "unbalanced". It isn't money, its all about attention, love, and sensitivity.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 01:28 AM   #5
Capri306

Nevermind...

[This message has been edited by Capri306 (edited 03-01-2001).]
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 10:42 AM   #6
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Wink

I knew she was in need of some repair, and had scheduled an appointment with one of the industry's oldest Frod guru's. I guess she just decided she wanted someone else to work on her or something. And as for the H pipe, we knew we had an exhaust leak, but not on the monting flange, I'll get my pictures developed and post them, It's enough to make you sick. Anyway, Mark Ray, of Mark Ray Motorsports, wants to try some new parts on her, so maybe this isn't such a bad thing! Sorry, no pics of the new stuff, Mark wouldn't let me take any(yet).

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
94 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 02:43 PM   #7
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

Angry

Well, there is nothing wrong with the wife,
I did not break it. bigwhitecobra knew that
the throwout bearing was going bad, we just
did not think that would happen. And she is
a tempermental little b*****. When it rains
or is cold she does not want to run, but
when it is sunny and nice she will run all
day. And hey, I have to suffer I get to
drive the hooptie van and that thing is huge
and a total opposite to my cobra.

------------------
94 Mustang Cobra: off-road h-pipe, 3:73 gears, motersports underdrive pulleys, MAC cold air induction, MAC 1 1/2 inch lowering springs, K&N Air filter, Maximum Motersports caster/camber plates. Soon my steeda tri-ax shifter.
94 Thunderbird SC: only mod is a K&N air filter. But she runs very well and hard.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote