MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-20-2002, 03:56 PM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Unhappy g/f and I broke up

Well my g/f of 1 1/2 years, broke up with me today. She said there just wasn't any excitment any more. That we were just going though the motions.

I know I'm only 17, and there will be other girls, but it still hurts.

Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:16 PM   #2
PKRWUD

This may seem cold, or inappropriate, but I'd like to be the first to congratulate you. This will become one of the strongest, most important moments in your life, and will make you a happier, stronger , and more successful person. I know you don't see this now, but you will. Celebrate.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:20 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Breaking up is hard to do...

Josh:

My condolences. Over two years is a long time but the fact that you started dating her at 15 makes the breakup seem inevitable. People change and we change a lot during the later teens and early twenties.

Still, it hurts. Yes, you'll certainly have other girls and other relationships and yes, you're young but you still have feelings and no reason to apologize for that.

No real advice; just don't dwell on this too long and start feeling like a 'victim'. Get out and have some fun with the guys and what happens, happens.

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:38 PM   #4
95GTS
Git jiggy

Thumbs up

Go out and pick on some ricers. That'll make ya feel better.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:14 PM   #5
tireburner163

PKRWUD ummm..thanks...I think. I'll give it a try. Not really celibrating, but just having a good time

96GTS I drive a 2.3 auto, ricers pick on me. But if you'll let me borrow your car

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 02-20-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
......96GTS I drive a 2.3 auto, ricers pick on me. But if you'll let me borrow your car
HA Ha ha!!!

Be strong dude. We're here for you and many of us can relate to how you feel, so you're not alone. You'll survive though .
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:52 PM   #7
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Sorry to hear that bud, I'm 17 as well and I broke up with my g/f 2 weeks ago today, we went out for 7 months. I had good suspicion she liked another guy. I couldn't handle it anymore; I was so mentally broken down, that night that I got the last clue that made me think that. I made it home in 8 minutes which doing the speed limit and getting every green takes about 20-25. I was driving around 180km in an 80 zone for a good time; I smoked some stupid little ricer. Honestly it seemed like nothing mattered that night. I am slowly getting over the situation. We are still friends but the day we broke up I left in like 8 hours for Quebec (another province) with my school. Let's just say I drank myself stupid and partied like crazy which helped get my mind off it but it was still always there. It isn't easy, cause we are still friends but we also broke up cause we always fight and the same thing still goes on. I've come to relies this was a lesson in life, obviously she isn't the girl for me, I will move on, I will love again. I know man it hurts, and real bad. Just look at the bigger picture, look ahead, things will only get better. Here is a quote for you but can be used by all.

"LOVE is a risk. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Whether it's right or wrong, misery or joy, love doesn’t have any space for mistakes--only lessons."

And yeh I know driving fast helps to bad my stang has no seats and there is snow on the ground or she'd be out there. But when I'm feeling down I go start her up in the garage and just pretend like I'm driving. Makes me forget about all my problems.

Take Care Bud,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4

Last edited by 1969Mach1; 02-20-2002 at 07:03 PM..
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking YOU'LL BE OKAY!!!

Hi Josh,
Thats a long time to be with someone so long(at your age), and just cuz your young, doesn't make it any easier! But, you have the type of personality that will make it easier for you...I see you haven't lost your sense of humor!!!
Good words 69 Mach...I dont seem to remember guys being as sensitive as ya'll when I was your age!!!!! You guys will be fine...and you probably dont know it but theres probably some girls ot there sayiing to each other...'hey, guess who broke up?'. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!! hehehehe......
Ya'll are good guys.. just enjoy yourselves and your cars. Girls will come and go. Take care, Topless

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:33 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

josh & 69mach1, hey you will be allright,you are young yet have fun,i got married when i was 21 it only lasted a year & a half, i got married again wheni was almost 27, after i partied down for 6 year's well i later realized at 21 i wasnt ready to be a husband, but now i have been one since,it was still rocky till i hit 30 something-hehe but some how lee held in there till i had to grow up, i am not saying you arent grown up, or anything ,i wasnt, but now i am,i think,haha, but you will find someone,it isnt easy , so enjoy being young while you can,because it isnt much fun later in life,because then you have to think about job's ,buying a house ,what you are going to do till you retire,etc ,is this making sense?, im running on about 4 hr's sleep a day ,so im kinda,tired & dont think too straight right now,so just take it easy ,your young-have fun with it.l8ter

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 02:15 AM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Wink

I'm sort of in a similar situation.

First of all, I have been with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. We have broken up 3 times. Once last May, and we got back together about 2 months later. Then again last August, and we got back together about a week later. Then we broke up again about a month and a half ago, and we got back together a couple weeks ago. I have broken up with her every time. We are now going through some very rough stuff since we got back together. I'll tell you about it real quick.

I broke up with her because I kinda messed around on her one night when we were in a big fight and I was drunk. She wanted me to stay with her and try to work it out and everything, but I was EXTREMELY pissed at myself for it and could not face her. I felt horrible. I wanted to be with her, but I was too mad at myself to be. She always told me after that how she would do anything to get back together with me and all that stuff, but there wasn't anything she could do. It was up to myself.

Well, the Monday before Valentine's Day I decided I was ok with getting back with her. I made up my mind and on Valentine's Day I sent her a dozen roses and a note that said "Will you get back together with me?" So we did and had a really good time with eachother over the 4-day weekend.

Then yesterday, she tells me that the night I decided I wanted to get back together with her, she was at a friends house and was drinking and kissed a guy.

Ok big deal. I can get over her kissing a guy while we weren't even together, especially after I cheated on her too. The thing that REALLY chaps my *** about it, is that she told me about what time it was when it happened, and it was damn close to the same time I was deciding to get back with her.

So now I feel like an idiot for getting back together with her because that's what she was doing while I made up my mind. But I didn't break up with her when she told me, I was extremely pissed and we fought about it a lot. But I owe it to her to give her another chance, so I'll see how the next few days go.

Today was extremely weird around her. I know it will stay the same and I won't be able to stay with her this time. I have to make this the last time we ever are together. It's not worth it to have to deal with all the **** that goes along with our relationship. Yeah we have a lot of great times, but the bad times are horrible and outweigh the good times. It's not worth it.

Moral of my story -- At this stage in our lives, it's not worth it to go through this stuff. We have too many things to look forward to and we don't need this crap to deal with now. Yes, you're right Josh, it does hurt extremely bad to go through it, even though we are only 17, and that's one reason why we have to go on with our lives -- WE'RE ONLY 17! It's time for us to have fun, do what we want to do, when we want to do it! Nobody to rag on us for doing something stupid besides ourselves! I won't take this to the extreme that PKRWUD did and tell you to celebrate, but I will say to go have a good time, and try to get your mind off it for a while. Good luck, bro.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:31 AM   #11
PKRWUD

6T9 brings up a really good point that hits me where it counts. I also had many remorseful moments that I later discovered coincided with my part-time partner doing schit she shouldn't have, or at the very least, made me feel like an idiot. The mental state my mind was at whenever I was feeling like the bad guy, and contemplating getting back together, was of bad Chris, poor Debbie. When I would later discover that poor debbie was with her ex husband while I was feeling bad, it felt like a slap in the face. Granted, she wasn't doing this specifically to hurt me, but it felt this way. The problem that this created, that proved to difficult to overcome, was the baggage we both would have to carry with us for the rest of our relationship. I eventually realized that no matter what happened from that day forward, somewhere in the back of my mind, I was still hurt by what had happened, and a part of me would never be able to forgive that. That was unfair to her. I could never be an equal, loving partner to a woman I had angry and hurt feelings with, no matter what she did. I would always have doubts and suspicions, and it just couldn't work. Unfortunately, it took me several very hard years to realize and accept this truth. I'm just trying to avoid revisiting messed up memories like this when I reply like my first one, which I suppose isn't fair to you. You will be okay, and you will look back on this as a great thing, but I understand why you wouldn't believe that now.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-21-2002, 12:35 PM   #12
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Sorry about the breakup Josh..I am going thru that right now, and I realize that it is the best thing. I know that and I have for a long time..11/2 years. Knowing it and admitting it are two totally different things...am I right or what???
But I am happy with my decision.

I have lots of friends who care about me, and my boss said i could stay at their place till I can get mine.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #13
PKRWUD

Okay Dani, what gives? I wasn't sure if you were joking about it before, but it appears you weren't. You know you have support here, and I'm not trying to pry, but what happened?

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-21-2002, 02:13 PM   #14
mustangdani55
Registered Member

I couldn't support him in the manner he is accustomed . period.
But It is okie dokie, cause I have my racecar, and I have my buds to help me out.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #15
tireburner163

Well I I've thought about it a lot, and I've decided that I can't just let her go. I love her too much. I left her a note on her car. I'm gonna try to talk things out with her. I don't really know what my chances are, but it's worth a try.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 02-21-2002, 03:25 PM   #16
mustangdani55
Registered Member

You do what feels right Josh... Just be careful how you do it.
Or you could be like me...I proposed to PKRWUD today..
Old 02-21-2002, 03:48 PM   #17
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I can relate to PKRWUD's experience.

It was the reason why I broke up with my ex-gf and why we arn't back together. I had a good suspicion that she liked some other guy. Well, I read a msg she sent to a friend that she still liked this guy. That bothered me a lot and still - to this day - I think about it everyday.

She said the email was a joke but it clearly wasn't, then she started talking on the phone with him and I was put on hold for like 5-10 minutes sometimes, then I would catch her sometimes lying about who she was talking to when she was talking to him, and then she'd go out with him and stuff, and then one day we got into a fight and she's like; "I'm going to see him". I was at school talking to her and she was off school (exams) and that drove me to the nut house. She's like "I'm going to his house" and it was just going to be them two.

She never ended up going but the fact that she knew it would of pissed me off drove me crazy. And apparently he told her he likes her, too. So I was pushed to the very edge, then we made a deal she could read the history on ICQ (Chatting program) of someone on my list and she picked someone I used to like way before her. So I was at her house one night and I asked to read the history between her and this guy and she wouldn't let me read it. She said there was stuff in there that would hurt me too much, and said she'd send it later but I said no, or never so she couldn't change it. Her choice was still not to send it.

Later that night I had had enough. I was in so much pain just thinking what was in that history that I said it was better if we were friends, and it's been 2+ weeks since then and I still feel the same way, I will never get over that thought. It'll always be in my mind.

She later said there was nothing in the history just she called me some names when she was mad at me but I said then I still don't want to play childish games. I never once called my g/f a bad name to anyone. I stuck up for her all the time. I would never even think of cheating on her. I wouldn't even look at another girl.

I was pushed over the edge and just let go of a situation. I didn't want to be a part of. She wants to get back together and claims she doesn't like him but I know it'll be to hard to get back together. I like it the way things are now, we're friends, we still go do things together so it's all good.

Take Care,

§am

P.S. - This was mostly a venting message with the moral being Sometimes in life you just got to let go when it becomes to much and you can't handle it.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:34 PM   #18
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Good luck, bro.

I can't write much more than that at this moment. This stuff all hits too close to home. I'm just tired of caring this much only to get burned. Most of my relationships have made me a fairly cynical person, and I'm not sure I like that. Maybe I just haven't met the right person yet...maybe someday.

God I wish I had my Mustang right now (driving the Geo...try to relieve stress driving that little thing...doesn't work). I just hope I don't go off on someone. Maybe working on some notes I have due tomorrow will help mellow me out.....

Again...good luck, but make sure you don't settle for anything. I've seen too many people just settle (including one in particular whom I can't think about right now). I watched that show Ed a while back. He said something profound. You can compromise on many things. Should I buy some new clothes?...yeah sure, I can compromise on that. Should I buy a vacation home?...maybe I can compromise on that one. But the girl. You can't compromise on the girl.

I've tried it, and, ******, it doesn't work.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:18 PM   #19
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Never mind

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163

Well I I've thought about it a lot, and I've decided that I can't just let her go. I love her too much. I left her a note on her car. I'm gonna try to talk things out with her. I don't really know what my chances are, but it's worth a try.
O.K., well, that's nice, Josh. Good luck.

I'll take back my condolences and you can probably ignore just about all the heartfelt stories and sympathy you received on the thread up until now.

I think in the future we should wait a few days before responding to these "broke up with my g/f 'messages...just in case.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #20
PKRWUD

Yeah, I agree. This is why I usually avoid them. I didn't need to rehash those memories, but it was my own fault.

Good luck.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!