MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

Default fuel pump

my stock fuel pump used to make alot of noise. in october the car would bog and then stall no matter what i did. i coasted into a gas station and put in a bottle of feul injector cleaner and 93 octane gas and it has run fine ever since. until to noght on the expressway it did the same thing but now the fuel pump make very little noise and the car is parked at a gas station for tonight. i think my feul pump is shot. now that it is shot what pump do you people suggest i put in it. also i may put in a regulator and fuel pressure gauge. what brand do you think i should put in or just tell me an entire setup. thanks for the help.

less than 1,000 miles on new t-5, throw out bearing and clutch. completly redone exaust shorty headers, custom h pipe, flowmaster 40 series, all mandrell bent 2.5 inch tubing

i got all new headlight assembly for christmas with clear corners

www.50resto.com
Mustang Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Default Re: fuel pump

First thing I would do is check your fuel filter and see how nasty it is...
If your pump is dead, pushing fuel through a fouled system could be a reason for it.

If all your mods are in your sig, the 155 liters-per hour should be just fine...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

nothing to the engine but a cold air intake and a new stock waterpump and the exaust thats in my signature. but i do have plans for it down the road when ive got the exterior the way i want it,

less than 1,000 miles on new t-5, throw out bearing and clutch. completly redone exaust shorty headers, custom h pipe, flowmaster 40 series, all mandrell bent 2.5 inch tubing

www.50resto.com
Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Here's a good one that should deliver plenty of fuel up to around 300 hp...
Fuel Pump
Old 01-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

thanks i also looked at the grannetelli and bbk 155's through jegs. is installing one going to be a pain because i have to drop the tank or is there another way.

www.50resto.com
Old 01-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Yes, you have to drop the tank (as far as I know...)

and yes, it will probably be a pain...
Old 01-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

all right thanks, so what about the regulator and gauge. sorry im asking so much from you but this is my first car so ive had nothing like this happen before.

www.50resto.com
Old 01-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #8
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Your fuel pump still comes on when you turn on the key? So how much gas is in it now? I'd change the fuel filter first. If that doesn't fix it, I'd check the pressure. If you still think it is the pump, be sure you go to the local dealer and get the filler neck gasket/grommet. It depends on who you talk to as to what it is called. It is like $12 and chances are that yours is close to rotten. You don't want to drop the tank or try and remove the filler neck just to replace this thing. Make sure you get the fuel pump strainer or "sock" to go with your new pump.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #9
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

all right thanks the more i think about it the more i want to do to the fuel system i wasnt going to redo the whole system yet but this problem just popped up and i have the money right now for once.

www.50resto.com
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

As long as your fuel pressure is between 35-45 psi, your regulator should be OK.

I would have someone check your fuel pressure and fuel flow after your pump and filter are replaced. It will give you a good indication if you have any other fuel delivery issues hanging around...

Also, you might want to verify you have correct electrical power going to the pump... Just a thought.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #11
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

its ok now its back out of the shop i just had the stock feul pump put back on also i had a new mass air meter put on

www.50resto.com
Old 01-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #12
Scrapla
Registered Member

If you have plans down the road I would go with the 255intank pump or stay with the 155 and when you upgrade your engine just get an inline pump to boost pressure just to be safe fuel wise. Which ever pump you choose just make sure and change the filter and you should be good, as far as a regulator I have the $15 one that screws into the fuel line under the hood and im running at about 35psi but I would of got the one that sticks out from the cowl area if I could do it all over again so I can see the pressure from my drivers seat.

RICE HATERS MEMBER #73
Scrapla is offline   Reply With Quote