MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-19-2001, 02:40 PM   #21
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

1st off, how many 500HP N/A engines were built by their owners? most are done by someone else.. true? 2nd.. how many 500HP N/A engines will pass strict smog tests? strength wise, 500 HP is 500HP.. you have to build an engine strong enough anyway you go...
it just seems to piss a person off when they spend 10k on an engine, then get beat by someone with a grand in a good N20 system..
as for street racing.. someone wants to race, I'll say sure... they ask me to open the hood.. nah.. if you want to race, race..if you have to see under the hood to see what I got.. you never should have asked.. ;-)

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives stock shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
14.06@100.21, 255RWHP on a hot day
265 on the mph/weight chart

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 03:15 PM   #22
Z28EATR
Registered Member

i raced a sunfire who had it, that son of a gun was pretty fast when it hit it, it took me a little strain to walk on him, so i say if ya got it, spray it. At worst case if ya get tail handed to you at least you know why, like me for instance, i got beat in a fluke race against a turbo awd talon, in the middle of third he cuts me off and puts on his hazards, oh well im getting a new rear with and auburn diff. and 373's, then some nitto dr's with the rest of my tax return, then wait till i see him again.
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #23
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Red face

Ok well I'm sure all of us at Mustangworks know that NOS=Nitrous Oxide Systems and that it is not the chemical nomenclature..just a term I suppose that everyone understands...

I say if it makes you happier and faster go for it!

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 03:43 PM   #24
84_GT350
Registered Member

Indeed...Ok, ok. N20. Better? I suppose NOS can also mean New Old Stock, but still...we all know what we're talking about.

Nomenclature. Hehe. I love big words Elisha.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 06:38 PM   #25
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Lightbulb

This sounds like a topic someone would post after they just got beat by someone sprayin. Anyway, like Moxie said,

Quote:
Originally posted by Moxie:
I just pulled out my dictionary, and looked up the word cheat:
play or do business in a way that is not honest; practice deceit; seek to gain an advantage by underhand means.

According to that, using n2o is only cheating if you deliberately deceive someone, i.e.- lying to them about having nitrous. In my opinion, it is simply a method of making power.
I'd have to say that is exactly how I feel about it. Is running a supercharger, turbocharger, turbo, stripping the car down to 2200 lbs, etc cheating?? No way! Just don't be goin around claiming you're running a bone stock car if you're not. That'd make you a liar and a wimp.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Greenthat I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 08:29 PM   #26
Five0
Registered Member

I ran a n20 system for a while and I would tell everyone that I had it and if I used it against them and if I would beat some people without it they would swear that I beat them with the n20(NOS). I don't think it's cheating unless you say you don't have it and you do.

I have a friend that I met last Saturday street racing in his modded N/A cobra that went up against another mustang with NOS and won. So it works both ways.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
12.565 @109.38mph 1.764 60ft
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 11:07 PM   #27
n20lx
Registered Member

Inferno:
My comments were not intended directly at you. What I menat by the 20 year can of worms was that since I hacve known about nitrous, at least 20 years ago, it has been shrtouded in contoversy. I've seen discussions about this subject that could have been on Springer. For whatever reason people have very stong opinions on this & an open debate never seems to do anything but pi$$ people off. My personal view on street racing is you're already doing something illegal, how can you expect the guy in the next lane to be on the level.
n20lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 01:46 AM   #28
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by n20lx:
Inferno:
My comments were not intended directly at you. What I menat by the 20 year can of worms was that since I hacve known about nitrous, at least 20 years ago, it has been shrtouded in contoversy. I've seen discussions about this subject that could have been on Springer. For whatever reason people have very stong opinions on this & an open debate never seems to do anything but pi$$ people off. My personal view on street racing is you're already doing something illegal, how can you expect the guy in the next lane to be on the level.
You are getting me mixed up with Power...I don't know how since I am a big black guy You can't mistake me for anyone else

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
84 Toyota Supra aka Natural Born Killa
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:31 AM   #29
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Talking

bwahahaha @ Inferno!

Yup the NOS (ok ok COMPUCAR pardon me) may be getting hooked up this weekend. I just need to find a set of heads for the 306..haven't decided what I want...maybe just some ported E7s...I just want the darn thing to run right haha! I'll be glad to kill the injured bastard then pop in the fresh goods!

Anyone want to buy a slightly used N20/NOS/COMPUCAR/LAUGHING GAS/HAHA JUICE kit in a few weeks?

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 10:56 AM   #30
FST93MSTNG GT
Registered Member

I don't feel it is cheating at all. In my opinion you do what you have to do to get down the track, or if you are into street racing you do what you have to do to beat the guy next to you. I raced in a charity race last weekend and it was Ford vs Mopar. The guy I had to race had a 500 ci motor in his car and I still have a 302 (Not Stroked). I knew my only chance was with the NOS. The moral of this little story is I did outrun him ET wise but he cut a .509 light on a Sportsman tree and he beat me to the finish line. Anyways, I am rambling. The bottom line is you do and use what you have to use to win.

Craig

------------------
10.93 @125.16

http://www.public.asu.edu/~trelken/craig.htm
FST93MSTNG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:50 PM   #31
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

lets see if you got your 350hp all motor mustang and a riced out crx pulls up to you and hits the juice and smokes your @ss then did you get smoked or not..course you did..excuses are like @sshol..you know the rest..
now racing for $$ on the street and spraying when you said you had no bottle or said you wernt ganna use it will get ur @ss beet..
now take my car for instants.i will be buying a 150 dry shot in the sping but wont use it till a at least get a 12.0 on motor..then i can say i got a 11 sec car all motor and a low 11/high 10 sec car on da laugh gas..now is that not respectable

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 01:10 PM   #32
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno:
You are getting me mixed up with Power...I don't know how since I am a big black guy You can't mistake me for anyone else
Well I'm a big white guy so I guess if Inferno isnt racist at all its possible.

And yes Inferno, i did apologize for my response. For all you look at me like a troublemaker.....hehe, you're right. Seriously though, I didn't get beat by an "N20" car(yet), I just started this so i could get everyones opinion on it. The reason i wanted everyones opinion is I have much respect for the knowledge on this board and am thinking about getting a system. So i naturally wanted to ask my fellow 'stangers about something that others know more than me about.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 01:12 PM   #33
Power
Registered Member

Very sorry Inferno...wrong name....

Replace "Inferno" with "n20lx" in the above post.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 03-20-2001, 03:24 PM   #34
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by Power:
Well I'm a big white guy so I guess if Inferno isnt racist at all its possible.
But I bet I am bigger than you!!!!!

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 12:04 AM   #35
rbatson

Who's bigger?!?

I wanna know who's faster!!
Old 03-21-2001, 02:32 AM   #36
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
Who's bigger?!?

I wanna know who's faster!!
Well, if his 66 is stock, then he will be looking at Supra taillights

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 01:29 PM   #37
Power
Registered Member

I have no problem agreeing with inferno. Although mine isn't stock, I haven't done enough to it yet to compete too much. However, given the appropriate time and energy and I'll go find him and have a good run. And he might be bigger than me as well, depending on what we are talking about.

5'10", 205, 8% body fat. Also big razor shaved head for added aerodynamics. I shoe-up nike running shoes coupled with intermittent power boost from assorted foods.
No e.t's yet but 2 mile sprint was 12:00. : )

------------------

Old 03-21-2001, 02:07 PM   #38
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by Power:
I have no problem agreeing with inferno. Although mine isn't stock, I haven't done enough to it yet to compete too much. However, given the appropriate time and energy and I'll go find him and have a good run. And he might be bigger than me as well, depending on what we are talking about.

5'10", 205, 8% body fat. Also big razor shaved head for added aerodynamics. I shoe-up nike running shoes coupled with intermittent power boost from assorted foods.
No e.t's yet but 2 mile sprint was 12:00. : )

Damn...you will get me off the launch probably since I am 6'1", 260. I have been wanting to do a weight reduction so I can get down to about 240 but that would be almost completely gutted(gutless would be a better term ). I think that I have a lot better traction though as I am shod with size 14 Nike cross trainers with a wicked looking tread that grips on any surface.

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 10:02 PM   #39
n20lx
Registered Member

Who ever it was, you know who you are. I can't see from here so its hard to recognize any one. I'm not trying to jack anyone up either. I've been on both sides of this debate for years. And to the others, ride in or better yet drive a car with the spray or any power adder & see what its like. It just might change your mind. If not, just build a bad a$$ motor 'cuz we're out there.
n20lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 02:59 PM   #40
inferno
The Instigator

I think I intimadated Power...inferno wins again!!!

------------------