MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-18-2001, 10:24 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Lightbulb Possible alternate solution to dealing with Osama bin Laden

There are things worse than death. The Shiite (sp) Muslims that are responsible for terrorist attacks (amongst many other evils) are taught from a young age that if they die while in a jihad (holy war), they will go straight to the "7th Heaven" and have all the wives, blessings, etc they want. Therefore, if they die, it's actually desired and honored.

If bin Laden is captured, found guilty, and executed, he will be a martyr to his crazy followers. From almost all accounts in history, where there is a martyr, there will spring out 100s to 1000s of followers that will continue the cause of the martyr.

Tell me what you think. Bin Laden is no doubt a wealthy dog...ur, individual (most likely a millionnaire). The United Nations with the U.S. should track down all his accounts, stocks, bonds, whatever money he has and rip it away from him. TAKE AWAY ALL HIS MONEY. Take away every dime, land, possesions-- leave him in utter poverty. I would say this is possible.

Kill his financial ability to purchase and furnish weapons, build armies, organize attacks, etc.

Then, take all that money from him and rebuild in New York what he was responsible for destroying. For each family that lost a loved one in the terrorist attack, give $100,000 of that money. Use whatever is left to promote the U.S. Then exile bin Laden to the Sahara desert, but don't kill him.

Incorporate a policy in the UN which strips known major terrorist organizations of all of there money, land and possesions--EVERYTHING. Then exile them to the Sahara desert.

I know, far out, but just a thought.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 01:36 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

you are probably right on the money , on this , it will make them more crazy if we take him out ,but something has to be done, or he will just continue on with his insanity , just like hussien , or whatever yhe hell his name is ,i know i misspelled it but whatever they are'nt going to stop this madness till we really put a mighty a$$ kicking to them, syria may be talking crap now but they are , backer's of this cause as well. every ammo box , etc i found in iraq in 91 was marked people's kingdom of syria , and alot of our own stuff also ,but you are right he will just be their great hero, it's sad they have nothing better to do like help their people get something to eat.

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 12:07 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

Osama bin Laden has his money stashed all over the world and receives over 25 million per year in donations from rich Arabs who support him. You will not impoverish him because you'll never be able to find all the money. You must realize that his money isn't in accounts with his name on it and many countries not friendly to the U.S. won't allow us to access their financial records.
The idea of making him pay for rebuilding and compensating victims families is a good one but not too feasible, unfortunately.

As for making bin Laden a martyr, I wouldn't worry about it. Martyrs are a dime a dozen in the middle east. He needs to be eliminated because he has charisma and people follow him. Imagine if Hitler was killed in say, 1942? How long would Germany have lasted without Hitler's forceful leadership?
True leaders are rare and bin Laden is one of those, which is why he must be eliminated. The sooner, the better.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 05:58 PM   #4
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

He needs to be taken out and made an example of. Period. The terrorists used to hijack Russias planes a while back. The KGB got a hold of a couple of them trying to hijack a plane from Russia.....
After 'Interrogations' they sent them back in pieces. SMALL pieces. It is interesting you don't hear about anymore hijacked planes in Russia.

Like Mr. 5.0 said, he needs to be eliminated. You don't see him stepping up and "taking one for the team" and going to visit the holy land.

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:40 PM   #5
82 GT
Import Slayer

I say we drop a nuke on them. We did it to the Japs in WWII.
What's stopping us from do the same thing now?
We didn't worry about the effects of nuclear fallout to surrounding countries of Japan, why should we worry now?
If it wasn't for Saudi Arabia, who supplies us with oil, we wouldn't even need the Middle East.
I say we go in Afghanistan and show the entire world what America is made of and what we are capable of doing!
Two atomic bombs stopped Japan dead in their tracks...didn't they?
There can't be any more Osama Bin Ladins if there aren't any people left alive over there!!
LONG LIVE AMERICA!!!
A fight is what they want....a fight is what they are about to get!!!

------------------
'82 GT 351W C-4,BBK headers,Carter 625 carb,Comp.Cam,Flowmaster exhaust.
1988 GT...T-5,bone stock
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote