MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2001, 07:27 AM   #21
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0:

Oh, and I've never owned a minivan, either.
When the time comes, I'm going to sit down and have a talk with you and gain some insite on how you manged this
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 07:29 AM   #22
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

My finance and I have been together for 9 years (yes, I'm 22 and yes, that means we went out at 13!) We are best buds and share just about everything in common. I want to spend the rest of my life with HIM...taking long vacations and spur of the moment road trips-you just can't do that kinda of stuff with a kid, of any age, really. I'm having dogs. When my mom-in-law-to-be says, "Oh, how's XXXX for a baby name?" I say, "Do you think a puppy would answer to that?" She gets so mad! Haha!
VNAMUS in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 12:44 PM   #23
LizardQueen
Registered Member

Cool

It's true this is the perfect post. Well as you all know now, I was suppose to have this baby last weekend. Now everyday is long and hard to bare because I want this little baby sobad. It was wuite a shock to find out that I now had to raise a child to have good moral and etical values, polite and a 1000 more things. I always knew I wanted kids but never thought this early in my life.

I am now happier then ever to know that I will share this precious moment with the lizard King. I want to give him a son that will be his little grease monkey, that will love his toys. I don't think anyone should be pushed into the decision but when you find that one person you love more then anything, sharing a life just seems right. I wouldn't change this baby, even 9 months ago. With anyone else I would have been sad but with Seb I really want this.

I think when you met the right person and you've done everything, babies/kids add great things to a relationship. Yes they are hard work but there is nothing like seeing or feeling your own flesh do something incredible.

I think it's true, in a couple of years you'll change your mind. Remember the avarage age for babies is now like 30 and over. You still have lots of time to be selfish.

------------------
Genn
Borrowing Mustang GT 2000 but still pulled a 14.4
The evil wife of Lizard King
LizardQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 01:40 PM   #24
Bite the Bullitt
Registered Member

35 year old here and I have an 8 year old (9 in Oct). NOTHING comes before he does! I have cars, a house (average), and a fairly decent job. Money isn't something that overflows at our house, but he doesn't cost that much. I cannot have any more because of complications. I wish I had 5 more of him. He loves our Mustangs and is already a true car fan. It is so neat to have someone that you can love so much and they love you back the same. There is no true love except that which is shared between a parent and a child. They look up to you and rely on you. I'm not saying that it is not hard, but feel there is nothing better. I think he was more excited about our matching Bullitts than we were. John has two children from his first marriage. His son is 17 and had to have a 1966 Mustang as his first car. He is going to the car show in Indy with us at the end of the month. They can become your best friend.
Don't write kids off yet, but if you don't want them then that is ok. Only people who want them should have them. They are a lifetime commitment.

------------------
2001 Bullitt Mustangs #702 & #1880. Also in the works: 1965 Convertible 289 4-speed, 1965 Coupe, 1966 Coupe, 1988 5.0 Convertible, 1966 Fastback. Other: 1968 Cougar XR7-GT, 1967 Cougar GT (2 of them)
Married to 'Bullitt702'
Bite the Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 02:14 PM   #25
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

My girlfriend and I got in this discussion the other day, she takes me too seriously whenever I say I'm never having kids. Truly, what I'm saying is that I'm nowhere near ready. I'm gonna have my fun while I'm young, it's easier to have fun when your young than when you're in your 40's. I've got so many friends that have kids (I'm 24) and talk about how the kids will be out of the house when they're in their 40's-only problem is that they don't have the house yet. I'm gonna have the house, the boat, the sleds, and of course the cars before they even get the house, this is how my parents did it and I don't think they've regretted it for a minute.
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 02:16 PM   #26
RobertD
Registered Member

I had my first 4 years ago. My second 10 months later (I'm a machine!!). There is really nothing like watching your 4 year old "wash" his car in the smae loving manner that you do yours. Or the 3 year old "racing his engine" as he flys by on his scooter. I didn't want children neither, I changed my mind 2 seconds after the first born.

My second nearly dies during childbirth, I now realize that my life would be boring without him. Even if he does act like his dad

Never say never. At this point I'd burn my cars to the ground and die for their happiness.

------------------
Robert
91GT; 88 ASC McLaren #709
RobertD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 03:17 PM   #27
Try Me
Registered Member

Cool

I'm thinking really hard here, and i don't know ANYONE who has had children who succeeded in keeping their toys. Snowmobiles, Dirt Bikes, Chopper's, Weekend Dragsters..

I don't want kids, not for a long time.

I waxed my stang yesterday for the last time. The neighbor came over and says "You clean your baby, and i clean mine" pointing to his baby girl. He went on to talk to me about a '90 'Notch he once had, but sold it because of other commitments. That made me sad

I guess i'm just a selfish dork.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 03:40 PM   #28
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

Yes, but a selfish dork in a freshly waxed Stang!
VNAMUS in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 08:24 PM   #29
347MOM
Registered Member

I HAVE A LIITLE GIRL!!! AND LIKE TOPLESS WOULD NOT TRADE HER FOR THE WORLD, SHE LOVES GOING TO THE RACES AND HELPING WITH THE CAR OR MOTORCYCLE. YES IT HAS ITS UP AND DOWNS, BUT IN THE END IT IS ALL WORTH IT.MOTHERHOOD IS GREAT!!!

------------------
'91 CONV. MUSTANG(DARK GREEN),'70 MACH1 (DARK GREEN)
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 09:01 PM   #30
jimberg
Registered Member

My two year old son has one of those die cast model mustangs. He can already identify 16 different parts on it including the catalytic converters and the fuel cell and battery in the trunk. He can also point out the transmission and the engine. Watching him learn is incredible and I wouldn't give it up for anything. I have plenty of toys, but I think the kids are the best toys of them all.

I also have a one year old daughter. She just started walking. Everytime I have the computer open for something, they're both there watching and handing me tools. I can't wait until they can help me work on the Mustang and best yet, I can't wait to hand over the keys to the Mustang.
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 12:12 AM   #31
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Arrow

Okay, I'm baaaaack!!!
Try Me: Gotta reply. Not only do I still have my car,but my daughter loves it. It IS possible to have toys and kids. Just things move alittle slower when it comes to dumping money in them. But like I said, it's the best of both worlds..If you go to Female Power Forum, if my original post is there(Topless in Texas)about a month ago, I think there's a picture of Caitlin in all her Ford Racing Garb in front of my car at FFW in Baytown! Cars and Kids are cool.Kids are not for everyone...they weren't for me a long time ago either. Never say Never. You'll know.

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 12:43 AM   #32
oldman
Registered Member

I used to want em. . i mean, I really did when they was borned. See.. .there's two of em, one 21 and one 18 and . . .well. . .I don't want em anymore. The preacher told me they would go away when they turned 18 but he lied! One did move away but keeps bringing this broken Mustang home with him on weekends kinda like he does his laundry for Mom. THe youngest one is turning into a career student, all because we held him back a year in kindeygarden. Some folks have a tendency to overeat when they worry about money and things, well. . .I worry, they keep eating.
I love my kids more than any possession I could ever have and wouldn't trade em for any amount of. . .well, maybe that Steeda. . anyway, I agree if you don't want kids then for the love of Pete, make sure you don't procreate. As for me and mine, I'll probably be learning how to fix these things for many years to come and hopefully, they'll still want me to.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 01:25 PM   #33
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

I can't imagine not having mine and
bigwhitecobra's son. yeah, he can be a big
pain, but I would never change it. And we
still have our car. Our son is 7 and already
wants a junior dragster car and a Cobra R.
He is the only kid I know who can tell
someone the differences between an R and a
regular Cobra. And I hope soon we can have
another one. (my baby boy is not a baby
anymore)
Amy
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 01:46 PM   #34
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Intersting topic.

I think the desire is linked to maturity and the position you are currently living.

My wife and I are not ready either and enjoying each others company too much.
Our stance is No Kids ... will it change over time, perhaps but I guess the whys are the most imporant thing.

Why not? For us, we aren't ready nor are we inclined to have them. So until then.
I work to have my goal met. A GT for her and a Cobra for me.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 06:17 PM   #35
347MOM
Registered Member

Crewzin and I still have all of our toys from my show horses to the cars, motorcycles,
4x4 trucks and 4-wheelers, we had to learn how to budget our money. You just cant put all your money in the toys. Kids are GREAT for some of us. Crewzin and I are still kids at heart!!
Old 06-09-2001, 09:45 PM   #36
moc
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Yea I said all that Crap to ..But look at me now I have 4 yea 4 Daughters..And a 1991 Black Notch 5.0 with (justed turned on friday 23,000 mi.I bought it new in 1990 ..And 2 weeks ago I just Bought a 2001 F-150 LIGHTING.. so kids don't stop you from haveing **** DEAL WITH IT ...thats a bunch of Lame excuses and belive it or not the Finest looking women (usally the one you marry ,,almost all of the time (like 99.99%)want to have kids ..so grow the F up dudes I did..And haveing a good education will help you pay for that **** ..

------------------
1991 5.0 NotchBack,Black
as of May 1st 2001
23,000 mi.
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 09:48 PM   #37
347MOM
Registered Member

I totally agree with you moc!!!

------------------
'91 CONV. MUSTANG(DARK GREEN),'70 MACH1 (DARK GREEN)
Old 06-09-2001, 10:11 PM   #38
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Cool

95mustanggt:

It's easy to have a kid and avoid the dreaded minivan. I only have one child; we have a Mazda 626 sedan as our family car. Lots of room. More kids might mean I would need a van, but that won't happen - trust me.
I've owned my Mustang for 11 years and had a (ahem) Camaro before that. I can tell you that little kids fit real well in the rear seat of a 'Stang (unlike adults).
No minivans in my family, now or ever.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 03:40 PM   #39
95ragtop
Registered Member

Talking

Well...I used to be unsure as to whether I wanted kids or not. We bought the house, did the traveling thing, drove nice cars.

I have always judged myself on my accomplishments. I came to the realization that acquiring material things does not mean jack when you are six feet under. Life is about what you contribute, both in your work, and more importantly in your private life. The most successful people, IMHO, are those that raise good, honest, happy, and productive children. You don't need to be rich, or well off to attain this level of success.

I now have two, yes two, incredible 7 mos. old boys, and I would not trade them for the world. I did however get rid of my Stang for them. I didn't do the minivan thing, I wanted to , but my wife would not be caught dead in one. I got a.. ahem..blown Regal GS instead.

I already have a project car to build with them, and after the first is complete, we'll have to buy another Stang.

The bottom line, is that having kids is a choice, probably the most important one in your life. Please always go with your heart. If you do not want kids, don't have them. If you do want kids, best of luck.

Take Care,
Dave
95ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 09:10 PM   #40
crewzin
Registered Member

I thank god for my dad having me and raising me up around cars and bikes. I hope my children will think back when they are my age and say the same. Kids are the coolest thing I have ever done with my life. Now in high school I thought different, but thats because I had'nt had enough fun yet. My little girl has had more fun at the track and ridin round in our car than most her age. She thinks shes been bad or something if we dont go to Houston Raceway Park. That just keeps me going wide open! For me kids rule!
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote