MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-03-2002, 07:17 AM   #1
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Default another "rice" question

okay, i posted the other thread, i completely understand where you are coming from.........

-i do think all the "rice" jokes are pretty much played out

-i do think that some people don't have a fair definition of rice......if i a guy is building a show car or a stereo car and it is done right and isn't concerned with street racing at all, i don't think his car is rice at all

-i don't like the term "ricer"........it kinda carries racial overtones and doesn't necessarily make the user sound intelligent......i think "poser" would be a more accurate description

okay, back to my question:

would you consider this rice? the guys that run around in the stock or relatively stock (read intake/exhaust only) 5.0's, or 4.6's, or camaro's, or whatever..........often have decals, or cowl hoods, or blackouts and drive around like they are billy badarse and the fastest thing on the road
Old 10-03-2002, 07:35 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

youre talking the difference of 4 spark plugs....but when they put bigass wings on their stangs/camaros/fb's, or outrageous ground effects...sure they are...but a cowl hood on a V8? c'mon...and I hardly ever see stangs/fb's/camaros covered in decals...if you see one they tend to be real performance part brands...we mostly think thats dumb, but mostly because it makes your car more succecptable to being stolen...its mostly those stickers on rice that say that have stuff they dont, or giant chinese characters when they probably don't even know what the character means...

racing parts are meant for cars that have over 3L...if I want a saleen hood or cobra wing on a mustang, why not? they look beastly, arent color changing (unless you are dumb and make them ), are not made of paper mashée, and were designed for mean sports cars back in the 60s, before the "econocar" was really used...

now who do you think would win? a stock 4.6L 99GT with black outs, a steeda wing, and a 3" cowl hood or a stock 99 Civic with black outs, some double decker wing, and a 3" cowl hood?...easy question i think...

and I almost think you are trying to start something...lol

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 07:51 AM   #3
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i know a guy with a 99 civic si.............visually his mods are colormatched side skirts and altezza's...........he has intake/cam gears/exhaust...............his car is a track proven 15 second flat car

i also know a guy with a stock 95 mustang gt that is an auto.........he has a cowl hood despite no clearance issues, blackouts, and a huge blue oval in the rear window.........he has a k&n and flows.........his car is also a track proven 15 second flat car

both act like they are the fastest thing on the road

i don't see the difference
Old 10-03-2002, 08:09 AM   #4
PKRWUD

Default Re: another "rice" question

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
-i don't like the term "ricer"........it kinda carries racial overtones and doesn't necessarily make the user sound intelligent......i think "poser" would be a more accurate description
LOL. I guess it depends on where you're from. "Poser" sounds a little too hick for my tastes.

Ricer has been the classification that I grew up with in the 70's and 80's, so it's the norm in my book. It's not my fault that 90% of the idiots that create these monstrosities drive Japanese cars. The shoe fits, and it will be worn.

FWIW, the definition goes far beyond performance. A ricer is a car with light blue latex paint, and a ground effects kit made from rain gutters purchased at Home Depot. A ricer is a car with light up valve stem caps. A ricer is a car with magnetic decals platered all over it, it no particular pattern. A ricer is a car with a rear wing that resembles a picnic basket handle. A ricer is a collection of random items affixed to it, that serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. A ricer is a vehicle with 4 sets of taillights. A ricer is a car with a coffee can for an exhaust pipe that sounds an awful lot like a mouse farting infront of a small box fan. A ricer is a car that's weight is doubled thanks to a half dozen gallons of bondo. A ricer is a car whos owner has gone to great lengths to try and fool people into thinking it's a race car, but the driver is clueless, and his mods are the likes of half a dozen fake scoops in locations where real ones would never be.

Take care,
~Chris

These are but a few of the definitions of a ricer.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:11 AM   #5
PKRWUD

Quote:
i know a guy with a 99 civic si.............visually his mods are colormatched side skirts and altezza's...........he has intake/cam gears/exhaust...............his car is a track proven 15 second flat car

i also know a guy with a stock 95 mustang gt that is an auto.........he has a cowl hood despite no clearance issues, blackouts, and a huge blue oval in the rear window.........he has a k&n and flows.........his car is also a track proven 15 second flat car

both act like they are the fastest thing on the road

i don't see the difference
I do. The Honda sounds respectable, while the Mustang sounds like a wannabe.

Neither are ricers.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:36 AM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: another "rice" question

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
LOL. I guess it depends on where you're from. "Poser" sounds a little too hick for my tastes.

Ricer has been the classification that I grew up with in the 70's and 80's, so it's the norm in my book. It's not my fault that 90% of the idiots that create these monstrosities drive Japanese cars. The shoe fits, and it will be worn.

FWIW, the definition goes far beyond performance. A ricer is a car with light blue latex paint, and a ground effects kit made from rain gutters purchased at Home Depot. A ricer is a car with light up valve stem caps. A ricer is a car with magnetic decals platered all over it, it no particular pattern. A ricer is a car with a rear wing that resembles a picnic basket handle. A ricer is a collection of random items affixed to it, that serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. A ricer is a vehicle with 4 sets of taillights. A ricer is a car with a coffee can for an exhaust pipe that sounds an awful lot like a mouse farting infront of a small box fan. A ricer is a car that's weight is doubled thanks to a half dozen gallons of bondo. A ricer is a car whos owner has gone to great lengths to try and fool people into thinking it's a race car, but the driver is clueless, and his mods are the likes of half a dozen fake scoops in locations where real ones would never be.

Take care,
~Chris

These are but a few of the definitions of a ricer.
Nicely said Chris.

Quote:
Sorry that you don't like the term, but that's tough. It's what everyone uses and for the most part describes there cars. If it was up to me, we'd be calling them something a hell of a lot worse!

Remember rice is an attitude, try not to always focus on the cars. Yes it is the cars that look bad, but it's people that made them.

I don't have do much problem with a "show" car. Of course if they take a civic and put $10,000 in body parts so Batman would get confused between the bat-mobile and the show car, that's going overboard, IMO.

Now if buddy in his stock powered civic show car pulls up next to me and wants to "kick some american muscle *****", well he can try all he wants, but that's being a ricer.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:49 AM   #7
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
I do. The Honda sounds respectable, while the Mustang sounds like a wannabe.

Neither are ricers.

Take care,
~Chris
Exactly.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:53 AM   #8
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: another "rice" question

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
Now if buddy in his stock powered civic show car pulls up next to me and wants to "kick some american muscle *****", well he can try all he wants, but that's being a ricer.
So I suppose that anyone who pulls up next to a heavily boosted supra, eclipse, wrx, or whatever in their stock mustang gt (particularly 79-98 models)wanting to "kick some import or ricer arse".......................he is being a ricer as well
Old 10-03-2002, 11:54 AM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
So I suppose that anyone who pulls up next to a heavily boosted supra, eclipse, wrx, or whatever in their stock mustang gt (particularly 79-98 models)wanting to "kick some import or ricer arse".......................he is being a ricer as well
If a V6 stang with fancy rims, large stereo, full body kit pulled next to heavily boosted Supra (I'm talking a serious import guy like inferno), thinking he's going to mop'em up just because it's from Japan, then he's being a ricer too.

He's trying to be faster than he is and think he's quicker than he is. Basically be a "poser".

If I pulled next to a moded Supra, I would DEFINATELY not think I "have this in the bag". That would be dumb. Of course I'd still run him. Don't know if I'd just rev at him, that's kinda dumb in my book. ***** or get off the pot.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:17 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

cbring,
I get the feeling that you asked a question, got an answer... but you don't like the answer you received.

Its been said before, rice is an attitude, not a car. It doesn't matter WHAT you drive, but it happens to be that MOST ricers drive Japanese sport compact vehicles. From my experience and the experience of countless others, this whole fad began with Japanese imports, hence the term "rice", whether you find it "politically acceptable" or not.

It has since spread to all makes of cars, usually driven by young males, aged 16-23, in pants 10 sizes to big for them with no belt to keep them up.

Rice is a preoccupation with appearance over substance.

To try to look cool even though you may be a lame a$%.

Every generation has its "in" thing.... which makes me believe I'll be seeing a lot of these monstrocities these folks call cars in a crusher some day.

Although it is rare, you CAN be a fast ricer. The definition of "fast" is quite varied. A 14 second Civic in my opinion is not "fast". It may be fast for a Civic, but in general, is not "fast".

Quote:
i do think that some people don't have a fair definition of rice......if i a guy is building a show car or a stereo car and it is done right and isn't concerned with street racing at all, i don't think his car is rice at all
As long as said guy doesn't come up next to me at a stop-light and revs his engine at me wanting to race, I have no problem with it. Would I do that to MY car? Hell no, but whatever floats his boat...

Quote:
would you consider this rice? the guys that run around in the stock or relatively stock (read intake/exhaust only) 5.0's, or 4.6's, or camaro's, or whatever..........often have decals, or cowl hoods, or blackouts and drive around like they are billy badarse and the fastest thing on the road
In my opinion, that's a wanna-be. Just as moronic as a ricer, but he's replaced the altezzas and Asian characters with cosmetic racing parts he doesn't need. (Actually, I've seen domestics, including Mustangs, truly "riced" out. So you can be a ricer and and drive a domestic.)
They often put Cobra badges on their V-6 and rev on Civics... Just sad...
Quote:
In my opinion, there is a fine line to this. I have personally run with cars that can kick my butt up and down the highway. But there are differences:
1. A ricer wants to run that 11 second LS1 because he believes all the hype about is cold-air "intake" published in Sport Compact Car and by the media blitz of the Slow and the Stickered.
2. A ricer will instigate said race by turning up his stereo to an intolerable level, line up next to said car at the stoplight, rev the beehive hard at the line while giving the driver of the other car his "game face". (I've actually heard someone call it that...)
You may also see this accompanied by several remarks such as "Camaro's Suck!" or "What a POS!"

Personally, if I want to race, I will usually pull up next to him\her, start a conversation usually consisting of: "What's it got in it?" and "What does it run?". I will then usually ask if they want to run.

If a race is started like this, you will usually get a thumbs up afterwards whether you win or lose. And I've actually met some good friends that way.

Many people want to see how their car does against a supposedly "superior" car.
But as I said at the very beginning, its all in the attitude.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:30 PM   #11
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
cbring,
I get the feeling that you asked a question, got an answer... but you don't like the answer you received.

Its been said before, rice is an attitude, not a car. It doesn't matter WHAT you drive, but it happens to be that MOST ricers drive Japanese sport compact vehicles. From my experience and the experience of countless others, this whole fad began with Japanese imports, hence the term "rice", whether you find it "politically acceptable" or not.

It has since spread to all makes of cars, usually driven by young males, aged 16-23, in pants 10 sizes to big for them with no belt to keep them up.

Rice is a preoccupation with appearance over substance.

To try to look cool even though you may be a lame a$%.

Every generation has its "in" thing.... which makes me believe I'll be seeing a lot of these monstrocities these folks call cars in a crusher some day.

Although it is rare, you CAN be a fast ricer. The definition of "fast" is quite varied. A 14 second Civic in my opinion is not "fast". It may be fast for a Civic, but in general, is not "fast".

As long as said guy doesn't come up next to me at a stop-light and revs his engine at me wanting to race, I have no problem with it. Would I do that to MY car? Hell no, but whatever floats his boat...

In my opinion, that's a wanna-be. Just as moronic as a ricer, but he's replaced the altezzas and Asian characters with cosmetic racing parts he doesn't need. (Actually, I've seen domestics, including Mustangs, truly "riced" out. So you can be a ricer and and drive a domestic.)
They often put Cobra badges on their V-6 and rev on Civics... Just sad...

In my opinion, there is a fine line to this. I have personally run with cars that can kick my butt up and down the highway. But there are differences:
1. A ricer wants to run that 11 second LS1 because he believes all the hype about is cold-air "intake" published in Sport Compact Car and by the media blitz of the Slow and the Stickered.
2. A ricer will instigate said race by turning up his stereo to an intolerable level, line up next to said car at the stoplight, rev the beehive hard at the line while giving the driver of the other car his "game face". (I've actually heard someone call it that...)
You may also see this accompanied by several remarks such as "Camaro's Suck!" or "What a POS!"

Personally, if I want to race, I will usually pull up next to him\her, start a conversation usually consisting of: "What's it got in it?" and "What does it run?". I will then usually ask if they want to run.

If a race is started like this, you will usually get a thumbs up afterwards whether you win or lose. And I've actually met some good friends that way.

Many people want to see how their car does against a supposedly "superior" car.
But as I said at the very beginning, its all in the attitude.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion....

Couldn't be said better!

Old 10-03-2002, 12:50 PM   #12
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

I have a story for you guys...

A buddy of mine that is a member of a local club that started out as lowered mini-trucks, but is nearly over-run by custom import cars that are lowered and, in some cases... "riced-out" ...some are actually self-proclaimed show cars and they would never claim it as a racecar... however, a couple individuals in this club think they have some real serious race cars and I wanted to see them in action... on the drag strip! Since they were throwing around all these #'s... HP, ET, top speed, etc.... I figured it would be a good idea to get them all together and see what they could really do. My buddy and I came to this conclusion after him watching the footage of my car from the last several outings... watching it go from 11.60's at the beginning of the year to 10.30's at that point in time (several weeks ago, new best in sig) he became interested and wanted to see what his non-turbo Imprezza would do in the 1/4... along with his buddies car's from the club. We made plans for the Friday night trip to the track on a Wed. night and he let these guys know... about 6 of them agreed to the outing and had plenty of time to get ready.

Friday comes along, we all meet up at a Hardee's. The bench racing begins.... I don't normally hang with these guys (now I know why), but I figured it would be good to see what this import stuff is all about. I thought they were serious about going... well, they guy with the 'fastest' ride finally shows up about a half hour late... strolls in all calm, get some food, and starts talking about going back to the shop to change his intake!!! This was around 7pm... we were supposed to be on the road already, and they wanted to sit around and TALK about it... which was fine with me, until the subject of switching intakes came up. At that point, I realized that these guys are a bunch of strokers (my opinion)... looked at my buddy like WTF? ...getting the same look from him, we decide to say "Well, we're going! ...Later!"

I swear they would've sat around and bench raced the night away... and the weather was great!!! Three of the six didn't even bring they're import racecar with them... they just showed up. I couldn't believe it... I actually gave these guys the benefit of the doubt and they pulled this stunt!!! On the way to the track, my bud tells me about what happened at the Indy Truck bash they all attended awhile back, which is the only time the 'fast' car of the group (honda civic with a Jackson Racing 'charger) went down the 1320... the guy was bragging about how it will go 13.50's and he mustered only high 14's... so I began to see things for how they really are.... posers, ricers, jerk-off's ...any of those terms will do for me!

I could go on... but will refrain... I'm currently trying to get my friend to get these strokes rounded up again so we can ALL go to the track... I really want to see these cars go down the track. There just aren't ANY imports making a serious effort in my neck of the woods... I have yet to line up with one that can even remotely hang with the 'stang. And all I ever hear are excuses!!

For example, once they got their ***** together.... and made an attempt to catch up with us... the 'fast' guy got pulled over and called my bud afterward and said he couldn't make it because he got pulled over??? I laughed pretty hard at that one... he didn't even get a ticket!!! LOL!

Some day......

Oh, btw... my bud's Imprezza went a best of 16.56... he was disappointed and doesn't plan on taking it back... me, I just give him hell about owning an import... he comments back that my hood is too big ...we've known each other too long, so it's all fun and games! He talks about my car to his import friends are they are all unimpressed for the simple fact that, as they put it... "dude, it's a Mustang." Like, big deal! "I could make my import twice as fast with as much money as he's got in that...." that's funny, I thought it was the other way around. But, hey, what do I know??? Not much apparently...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph

Last edited by ultraflo; 10-03-2002 at 01:01 PM..
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:22 PM   #13
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a stock 97 GT. I don't plan on putting any exterior mods on the car, and no I don't think its the fastest thing on the road. For some reason it just sounds modded (per other MW guys) and I couldn't tell ya why.

I end up having to run people all the time, because they think they are faster than me. I would say that anyone who puts the show before go has issues in my book.

If I pull up next to an import and see his "game face", I'll give him a run. Doesn't matter if it looks like its acutally boosted or not. I don't expect to always win, but I will ususally run.

Here is something that happened last night.

I'm sitting at a red light that is taking forever. Guy in a 99 Maxima SE pulls up next to me. I don't think anything of him, and am watching cars turn left onto the street. There goes a sweet LeMans Vert, Americans, raked, etc. I could hear it from where I was.
So I get a little excited and roll up to try and trip the light faster.(had been there for a while) The guy in the Maxima must have thought I was buggin him, because the light dropped and he lit up those front tires like it was Christmas. Caught me off guard so I nailed it, and there went my traction. Still pulled the maxima, and never got to run the Ponitac.
Did that guy in the Maxima really think I wanted to run him? I just don't understand imports sometimes.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:46 PM   #14
this is not cbring
Registered Member

somebody said something about not getting the answer i wanted. i seek no particular answer. i just wanted to get a picture of the mindset here. obviously, like any other board or group of people, you'll have the people who have it together, and people who are ignorant

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
I would say that anyone who puts the show before go has issues in my book.
why? it takes me 20 minutes to drive 2.3 miles to work each mornng. on a daily basis, i derive far more enjoyment from a stereo than any mod i can do that is performance oriented.

performance before show. that's great and i completely understand and even agree to a certain extent, but if any who doesn't agree with you has issues, maybe you are the one with the issue

Quote:
Here is something that happened last night.

I'm sitting at a red light that is taking forever. Guy in a 99 Maxima SE pulls up next to me. I don't think anything of him, and am watching cars turn left onto the street. There goes a sweet LeMans Vert, Americans, raked, etc. I could hear it from where I was.
So I get a little excited and roll up to try and trip the light faster.(had been there for a while) The guy in the Maxima must have thought I was buggin him, because the light dropped and he lit up those front tires like it was Christmas. Caught me off guard so I nailed it, and there went my traction. Still pulled the maxima, and never got to run the Ponitac.
Did that guy in the Maxima really think I wanted to run him? I just don't understand imports sometimes.
"i just don't understand imports sometimes" are you basing all imports off this guy? you realize that if that guy bought a mustang the next day, his mindset prolly isn't going to change.......also a stock maxima se CAN be a decent match for a stock 97 stang gt

about once a week, i find some dickhead (usually high school kid) in a fox-body hanging halfway out his car, yelling to me how imports suck, and revving the crap out of his car at me.........and we are usually bumper to bumper in traffic.................

i don't let that formulate my opinion towards all mustangs

Last edited by this is not cbring; 10-03-2002 at 01:51 PM..
this is not cbring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:56 PM   #15
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Quote:
...about once a week, i find some dickhead (usually high school kid) in a fox-body hanging halfway out his car, yelling to me how imports suck, and revving the crap out of his car at me.........and we are usually bumper to bumper in traffic.................

i don't let that formulate my opinion towards all mustangs
LOL! ...thank goodness for that!!!

I don't judge all imports according to the scenario I described above... but we do have alot of wanna be import racers in the community in which I reside.

I realize there are some really respectable imports out there, I just haven't come across any yet... I should get out more though

I have a friend with a T/T AWD 3000GT that has some serious top end (170mph)... he thinks he can take me on the street in a 1/4mi and I offered to hand him his butt and he backed out... then wanted to race to the top-end on the highway!

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
Old 10-03-2002, 03:50 PM   #16
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default I have blackouts/ exhaust/ etc...

Take a look at my car, I have exhaust, 3.73 gears, blackouts, and a cowl hood. Does that make me a ricer? I think if you do modifications that affect the look of the car it's not rice as long as it's done in good taste. When I'm driving around here in Cali, I know I could beat MOST (that means not all, but 90%) of the cars on the road. I'm not an idiot who races anyone who looks my way, but I'll show up a ricer or two if they're asking for it. I have lost ALL respect for ricers due to the amount of IDIOTS who rice their car out, and don't do any real performance mods, so if I pull up next to them in my near stock 5.0 I'm going to be arrogant. I'm not saying I'll be the one over-revving my engine and turning my stereo on as loud as it goes, but I'll definately have a chip on my shoulder. We don't base our reasoning off just one guy, this is a fad that has been around for at least 5 years. We have experienced this more than just one time. Take care, Keith

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:03 PM   #17
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:

Originally posted by this is not Cbring

Sounds like he's trying to bullsh** with us.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #18
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN-MAN
Sounds like he's trying to bullsh** with us.

Daniel.
you're actually right dan-man, he ran a 15.01 at his only track visit.........so i guess it isn't a 15 second flat car

how you figure i'm tryin' to BS you? don't think civics could possibly run decent times...........magazine guys clocked mid-15's stock and i somewhat doubt that magazine guys know how to extract full potential out of a car with such a narrow powerband..........

i know or know of at least a half dozen 99-00 civic si's (with more mods than that) that have ran a proven better time
Old 10-03-2002, 04:20 PM   #19
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:

performance before show. that's great and i completely understand and even agree to a certain extent, but if any who doesn't agree with you has issues, maybe you are the one with the issue

"i just don't understand imports sometimes" are you basing all imports off this guy? you realize that if that guy bought a mustang the next day, his mindset prolly isn't going to change.......also a stock maxima se CAN be a decent match for a stock 97 stang gt

about once a week, i find some dickhead (usually high school kid) in a fox-body hanging halfway out his car, yelling to me how imports suck, and revving the crap out of his car at me.........and we are usually bumper to bumper in traffic.................

Good, pull some of my comments out of context. If you are making your car look fast, before it is fast, you have issues as far as I'm concerned. That's the "show before go" mentality. If you want to build a cruiser (slow car, cool sound) that is a different story altogether, just don't run thinking its fast. I forgot that I have to dumb things down for import guys sometimes.

Also, I said "sometimes". Does that mean all the time? No. I never said that I think all import guys are ignorant, although I'm starting to lean that way, from discussions like this one. His car would be a good race for me if I had broken my left foot, but that's about it.

I see kids trying to race all the time. Mostly in imported cars because they don't think my car is a real GT.(no fog lights, 16" rims.) Basically, you get kids in domestics that think all imports are dogs, and we get kids in imports who haven't learned that american v-8's are actually a great place to start.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #20
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

I know of a Civic with a few mods, the main one being a Jackson racing supercharger.... and it ran high 14's

He claims it as a 13.50 car

I raced a Turbo Eclipse at the drag strip... it went 13.5 to my 10.3... not much of a race

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph