MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-20-2002, 09:16 PM   #1
OUTPLAYN
Registered Member

Exclamation OK, now I'm mad!

I was at the track today and watched the new 'WRX's run into the mid 13's - with just a cat-back and a boost controller! These new cars are just unbelievable...Makes me want to put a TURBO on my 'Stang!
OUTPLAYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

What track do you go to? I typically run at Cordova, hope to go soon actually (a couple months).

Those are some decent et's, I didn't know those critters would run that quick... I'm not too terribly fond of import cars though, for some reason

Later

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph

Last edited by ultraflo; 04-20-2002 at 10:36 PM..
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Import Slayer
Registered Member

daymm we are a dying breed

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 11:00 PM   #4
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

the right amount of boost can make any car fast.

Personally, I like being N/A and whoopin some arse, but i wouldn't mind getting some juice soon
Old 04-21-2002, 12:36 AM   #5
Mach 1
Registered Member

WRX's are nice. Turbos are nice. Its all good....can you lend me around $25K?
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 12:54 AM   #6
OUTPLAYN
Registered Member

Geeezz...just give me about 10g's and would have alot of fun!! even 5..would be good
OUTPLAYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 12:54 AM   #7
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i dont mean to sound like a dick towards those LITTLE import guys but they dont impress me at all i think that if you put a turbo on anything it will be faster, so until they have them running that without adders i wont be impressed. yes i agree with you on wanting to put a turbo on your car, im leaning either towards that or a kenne bell roots type charger, if you know anyone that sells turbo kits for a 94-95gt post it THANKS
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 01:11 AM   #8
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sn95gt19
i think that if you put a turbo on anything it will be faster THANKS
No..you dont say? You wouldnt lie to us would you?

The bottom line is the suburu is a nice car for the money,(around $23K) and it makes impressive power numbers for what it is, a small 4 banger.

Its not just the engine though, that car has got great reviews for just about everything, mainly because its reasonably priced for what you get.

If I could afford a new car, I would consider one. But I cant, im poor, so I will continue to modify my 93 stang....
RHC member #142
Old 04-21-2002, 01:17 AM   #9
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i dont know about you but i would rather buy a yugo than drive a SUBARU, yeah the all wheel drive might be cool but give me a break, for 23,000 that hunk of import sh*! better run 11's if im gonna buy it, thats just my opinion though.
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 08:59 AM   #10
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Quote:
i dont know about you but i would rather buy a yugo than drive a SUBARU, yeah the all wheel drive might be cool but give me a break, for 23,000 that hunk of import sh*! better run 11's if im gonna buy it, thats just my opinion though.
I know you said it's your opinion, but a new stang cost $23k and it don't run 11's, no where near it. So why should a factory 4 cyl. turbo car?

As far as your early question about turbo kits for 94-95 mustangs. Check out www.turbomustangs.com for links to all the turbo manufactures for every year mustang.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:18 AM   #11
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I know they have a turbo But they need it a Motor Under 2.6L needs A Power add To be Close to a 5.0L. What one needs to Look at is How Fast the car is in stock form and With Slight Mods as well and the price as well.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:13 AM   #12
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, that statement doesnt say much for your knowledge about cars, as subaru is a proven quality car and yugo is a proven hunk of junk. happy motoring. ill make sure I blow my horn as I pass while your stuck on the side of the road, broken down in your yugo...lmao..

To reinstate, a sporty all wheel drive car with a turbo engine, with proven japenese quality, for $23K is a nice ride, if thats what your looking for. I dont care for full time all wheel drive, so I wouldnt buy one, but that doesnt take away from the fact its a nice ride.

Let us know when you hear the pop.....
RHC member #142
Old 04-21-2002, 11:56 AM   #13
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Hell, let's all go out and buy a Japanese car, everyone else is, that makes it okay, right? We should all support the Japanese govt. while were at it too, right?

Let's all start buying everything from Japanese, Chinese, Saudis, and forget about American production. Hell, America is in good shape economically, we should be helping out those helpless people over in the Middle East, Japan, and China. Give them your hard earned money, support their cause! Al Gore and Bill Clinton does! They are hard-working, up-standing Americans

If Afghanistan gets involved with making cars, I'll be sure to go out and buy one of those too, especially if it comes with an intercooled turbo, wins rally races, and is cheap to boot! We'll call it a bin Laden Camel, that sounds kinda like Ford Mustang doesn't it?

Think about it, no really... If you can't figure it out, refer to avatar at left.

Have a nice day, and happy motoring!

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
Old 04-21-2002, 12:29 PM   #14
Mach 1
Registered Member

Wow, you really dont have a clue. Enough said...later
RHC member #142
Old 04-21-2002, 12:33 PM   #15
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

I'm a complete idiot actually...

"Go get yourself some cheap booty action!"

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
Old 04-21-2002, 01:47 PM   #16
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Alot of the imports are made right here in the USA and supply alot of american jobs.....While alot of the so called domestics are made in other countries to keep the labor cost down.....So sometimes even when you think that you are buying american your not!!

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 01:58 PM   #17
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Thumbs down WRX

Sure it may be quick but,How are mods for that car?$$$
And remember.....in a few short years that car will date it's self(looking like say a ......pacer! No one ever will say "hey there goes a 02 WRX!" It will be "check out that wicked MUSTANG"

Those cars do nothing for me I'd rather take the bus if I had to!
What would my friend say?
Old 04-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #18
Sonics2042
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Alot of the imports are made right here in the USA and supply alot of american jobs.....While alot of the so called domestics are made in other countries to keep the labor cost down.....So sometimes even when you think that you are buying american your not!!

Later,
And a voice of reason entered the room! WRX's are very nice cars for the money. I can't stand it when people only like cars that are domestic. You should respect any nice car. Hell, when I am older I want to have my drag/autox stang, my drag/autox supra, and my daily-driver supercharged M3 . But I forgot, japanese cars suck and if it isn't made in the US, I would be better off walking right?

AARRRRGHHHH!!!

Thanks,
DoranW
[MAC Cold Air Intake]-[BBK Equal Shorties]
[3.55 Gears]-[Cobra Intake Manifold (Upper and Lower]
[E-303 Cam]-[Granetelli Mass Air Flow Sensor]
[Front and rear sway bars]-[New black carpet and seats.]
[Adjustable Fuel Regulator]-[T5 Conversion w/ K. Cobra Clutch/Hurst STS]
[Cobra Throttle Body]-[130A Alt. Conversion]

Thinking about:
Aftermarket Heads!
Vortech A-Trim
Sonics2042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #19
Mach 1
Registered Member

While its nice to have feelings of patriotism and loyalty, the facts remain the same. Jap cars are of a higher quality, and can be a better value for your "hard earned" dollar.

And a lot of them are made here. Ford owns 50% of Mazda(or something like that) so is it ok to drive a Mazda then? How about the Mazda pickup truck which is a rebadged Ford Ranger? If I drive a Mazda truck (which is really a Ford Ranger) should I feel bad about it? I dont think so...all you "loyalists" have to look at the big picture and past your insecurities of "buying american".

You think Fords gonna cut you some slack because your an "american"? Lol..no, their gonna take every last dollar they can squeeze out of you through the crooks they call car dealers.

Look at GM and the "GEO" thing. What exactly is a Geo? Its a japenese car that you can buy from a Chevrolet dealer so you can "remain loyal" in your own mind, while driving a Jap car and not even knowing it. How stupid do they think the american public is? Well, pretty stupid is right.
RHC member #142
Old 04-22-2002, 01:01 PM   #20
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Buying American - or not

Fact: The Suburu WRX runs around 14.0 bone stock and costs under $25,000. Not a bad deal.

The 'Buy American' sentiment is admirable but as stated on earlier posts, most 'American' cars are assembled partly in other countries (Mexico, Canada) and most Japanese cars are at least partly assembled in America so it all balances out.

I own a Mustang (built in Dearborn, Michigan) but I also own a Mazda (built in Hiroshima, Japan, ironically) and I apologize for neither. Buying a car is a personal and financial decision. Ford is a majority owner of Mazda so I'm fine with that, but frankly, most American car companies are just huge corporations in business to make a profit, no more, no less.

I'll buy American when it's feasible but not to fulfill some bumper-sticker concept of being loyal to my country. That's absurd. Make a good product at a reasonable price and I'll buy it, no matter the country of origin. It's called a Free Market economy and it works.

Competition from the Japanese imports made Detroit sit up and take notice in the late '70's and early '80's (and cry for government intervention - which they partially received) when the Honda's and Toyota's kicked their butt in the open (automotible) market.

The ultimate result; better American cars, all around. Better build quality, better value for the buyer (you and me) and even with all the crying about Japanese cars, American car manufacturers are doing fine, as usual, and in some cases, buying up the weaker Japanese car companies (Ford/Mazda) and even British Jaguar is now American-owned.

The market will weed out the losers and reward the well-made cars coming from well-run car companies. What we buy, foreign or domestic, is our choice, based on value, quality and features offered. Saying that buying a foreign car is somehow bad for America is naive and inaccurate.

Buy what you want and don't let a misguided sense of consumer-patriotism sway your otherwise practical, logical choices. That's using the free market to your advantage. I contribute plenty in taxes to my government, I don't need to give even more in profits to faceless, investor-owned corporations in order to 'prove' some sort of loyalty to America. No one does.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote