MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-26-2002, 12:04 PM   #21
Tod
Registered Member

so someone who puts alot of money into a Mustang like this guy did should run 10's or better, or else it's a waste? so he's getting criticised for not calling you up and asking what YOUR opinion is on where he should put the money? bull.

i'n not defending *everything* he did to the car. but the overall credebility of this car is pretty good. IMO, if someone has alot of money to put into a car, who is anyone else to say how he should use it? it's not like the car was misused by some 17 year old thug that took daddy's money and bought a body kit, sound system and strobe lights and threw it all on a '96 V-6 and called it tIghT yO! dude runs mid 12's, and it's got the potential to get him quite a few show trophies as well. i think it was put together well, considering it used to be a slow V-6 that will one day be a Windsor 351 V-8 monster.

and so he's got a tv and playstation, big deal. you can't find an exotic SUV, luxury car etc that doesn't have one or several digital screens in them. it doesn't belong in a sports car? who says? he didn't say it was for him while he was driving, nice reasoning there genious. maybe his cousin/nephew/son/friend(s) play it while they're riding with him. so what? I wouldn't do it, but i'm not going to criticize someone who does, especially when the car run 12's already. he went for something different, and just because MM&FF chose it doesn't mean they're on a slide and "resorting" to flashier cars. they've already covered a gull-winged stang and a custom widebody stang and many other out-of-the-ordinary modified Mustangs. if anything, it will attract younger readers, and that will boost sales more than anyone realizes. and it's not like they're not focusing on the engines, there's more to a sports car than the engine, brakes and handling. people buy sports cars because they want to have fun when they drive/own/show their sports cars. that is how that guy has fun with his. and to try and knock that to me is stepping against everything that makes an enthusiast an enthusiast. he's every bit a "car guy" than anyone in here, he obviously knows his stuff and knows it well. just because he's not satisfied with ordinary doesn't make him rice.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:35 PM   #22
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Let me repeat my point.

A Car Guy WOULD NOT put a Playstation 1/2, X-box, Gamecube, N64, Atari, or whatever in his Mustang.

To me and a lot of other people, it is just very stupid. It started as a Ricer trend and that is where it should stay in my very unhumble opinion.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote