MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #1
Mustanguy

Cool Nascar Awards Banquet On tonight

For anyone thats interested,Nascar awards banquet is on tonight
Old 12-06-2002, 09:25 PM   #2
Janeofalltrades

Default Where?

Hey Mustanguy! On where?

Jenn
Old 12-06-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
Mustanguy

Cool

Jenn

It's on TNT channel 59 here
Old 12-07-2002, 03:47 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

jeff burton didnt win the cup, so i dont care lol, congrats to tony stewart.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 05:40 AM   #5
PKRWUD

Bill Elliott won the Most Popular Driver Award again!!! He has been officially declared the most popular driver in NASCAR, ever, having won the fan-voted award 16 times now. (FWIW, Earnhardt never won, until last year, and then only because Bill took himself out of the running so that Earnhardt could win posthumously). Richard Petty is in second place all time, with 9 wins, I think. Maybe it was 6.

Anyway, Elliott rocks! Hehehe, and i used to work for him. Feels kinda cool.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 08:58 AM   #6
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I don't see how bill elliot won it. I mean no disrespect or anything..but he's a has been. He hasn't done much in the last 7 years. Even though he won the couple races he did this year which was great..but Little E done alot better and is more associated with the fans..i don't see why he didn't get it?
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 10:56 AM   #7
PKRWUD

Little E finished 2 places ahead of Elliott. Hardly "alot better". They both had 2 wins, but Earnhardts were both at restrictor plate tracks, and he had significant help from Waltrip. He should be doing better than he is, IMO, especially with the team, sponsors and money he has in his corner. He is getting better, though, and should be in contention for the title within 5 years.

Elliott is a legend. He was the first driver to ever win a million. He owns the fastest recorded time in a stock car, qualifying for the 1987 Winston 500 at Talladega with a speed of 212.809 mph. He won a single-season record 11 superspeedway races in 1985. He won the championship in 1988, and has finished second in the points 3 other times, including the closest finish ever, when he lost to Kulwicki by 10 points in 1991. This year, he won 5 Bud Poles, and won back to back races at Pocono and Indy, which are both difficult tracks. He's also running with Dodge, which is still trying to work the bugs out of their new program. He has won the most popular driver 16 times in the past 18 years, including 10 years in a row. He also happens to be one hell of a nice guy. If you ever met him, you'd vote for him, too.

Little E would be nothing if he wasn't big E's son. So many fans felt robbed when Dale sr. died, they just latched onto junior like their own lives depended on it. Don't get me wrong, I like junior, but he's no where near worthy of a title like Most Popular Driver. At least not yet.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 12-07-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

What i don't get is how everyone always talks about juinor and how good he is and all the crap. When Kensth beat him for rookie of the year and had 5 wins this year and finished well ahead of him in points. Where is the credit he deserves. Guess he is not good looking enough for all the young girls to chase after. The numbers speak for themselsevs and i would bet any amount of money he wins the championship before junior and will still be overshadowed by him.

Anyway who else won awards. I dont' have cable
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 11:51 AM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I dont understand Nascar......Like when earnhardt Sr. died. He was blocking the other cars so his team mate could keep the lead.

It seems like that would be cheating to me.

I also dont see how John Force is allowed to own other cars that he is competing against in the NHRA. That just seems wrong.

People keep telling me as I get older I will get more into Nascar. But I doubt it.

I like the Indy cars though,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:04 AM   #10
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I dont understand Nascar......Like when earnhardt Sr. died. He was blocking the other cars so his team mate could keep the lead.
It wasn't cheating because there were no rules preventing it, but it was playing dirty. That was Dale seniors signature; playing dirty. He was a terrible sportsman, but he was driven to win, at all costs. That's more appealing than good sportsmanship when it comes to the loud and obnoxious, as well as those with a profit to make, but good sportsmanship means more to the true fans, which is why Bill won so many Best driver awards, and Earnhardt won so many titles.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 12-08-2002, 01:06 AM   #11
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by 69fastback
What i don't get is how everyone always talks about juinor and how good he is and all the crap. When Kensth beat him for rookie of the year and had 5 wins this year and finished well ahead of him in points. Where is the credit he deserves. Guess he is not good looking enough for all the young girls to chase after. The numbers speak for themselsevs and i would bet any amount of money he wins the championship before junior and will still be overshadowed by him.
I agree. Matt is a better driver, but Dale has more money. I think Matt is more deserving, but there is little out there that is more powerful than money.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!