MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-02-2002, 04:28 PM   #1
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Unhappy Mustangs & Snow

So this morning I was in a hurry, rush rush around, and did not have a chance to watch the weather. Then I'm only about 15 minutes from work so I didn't have a chance to listen to it on the radio either. It's been cold here in the Chicago area and we've had some random snow (pretty light). Well wasn't I in for a suprise when about 9:30am I looked out the window behind me and it was snowing like crazy. Ahhh Well I decided to go out at lunch and get something, to see how the roads were, and yeap slick and snowy. I was fishtailing everywhere. haha So much for that whole traction control thing. So now I'm looking outside wishin someone was coming to pick me up after work So how do the rest of you handle this weather? Do you have beater cars you drive in the winter??? I have a truck that I pull out when the snow flies, but this morning I was having a blonde moment. Thanks for listening to me complain I feel better, well untill 5pm.

~Jill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ice.jpg (25.8 KB, 89 views)
Old 12-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default It's hard here in the winter

I mean, all the choices, which shorts to wear, which track to go to, which sunglasses to wear, lol. Just messin' with you. I don't know how anyone can deal with snow all the time, I would hate it. Not that it doesn't snow here though, just not at the beach . I think we got about 4-8 feet of fresh powder snow up on the mountains here (about 1 1/2 hours away) this last weekend. Too bad you're in IL, I'd pick you up. Ok, enough leghumping, lol. Hopefully, you get home safely, take care, Keith

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 04:34 PM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I wish I could help you, but, down here in the armpit of Texas, it never gets cold enough for even a jacket!! I haven't seen snow since I was about 8, and it was like 2" at best. By the way, the "armpit of Texas" is around Houston.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:07 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

What's snow?

Seriously though, I'd offer my services if I was in the area. Is the 02 an auto? If so you're outta luck, but if you roll from 2nd with a 5speed you should be ok. Oh, get gas ASAP, any little bit helps.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:10 PM   #5
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Good tires
Easy on the throttle
Lots of room behind the car in front of you
Easy on the brakes
Pucker-up!
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:42 PM   #6
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Default Re: Mustangs & Snow

Quote:
Originally posted by MissBlondie
So how do the rest of you handle this weather? Do you have beater cars you drive in the winter??? ~Jill
'00 Z71 Silverado 4x4

I used to drive my 'stang in the winter when it was still close to stock... not a good time, lol.

Get that damned pick 'em up truck of yours out and start driving it to work, Blondie! You never know when a few inches of snow are going to fall around here, this time of year... I don't put much faith into what's forecasted by those schmucks that are usually wrong 99.9% of the time.

*thinks to self* "Chicago... a few hours away... hmmm"

Sorry, can't help ya!

Later,
-Ryan
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:44 PM   #7
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Winter? Snow? What are these things?

oh btw im wearing shorts and a t-shirt today
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:50 PM   #8
Tod
Registered Member

when it comes to snow over here don't even think about the stang. nightmare on wheels. just take care and put something in the trunk and keep that gas tank full. a great set of snow tires during the winter months shouldn't hurt either, stay safe now.

btw, anyone can have trouble when it's slick..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ice.jpg (47.8 KB, 46 views)
Old 12-02-2002, 07:19 PM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Damn you people who don't know what winter is. lol
It's supposed to get to -20 tonight with the windchill of -28, this is celcius so I'm not sure what it is in pherinhite (sp?). But it's damn cold! We havn't had to much snow, it was pretty icy on Saturday and I was doing e-brake turns in my moms van for the hell of it. I drive my moms van in the winter, the Pace Car is up for sale/stored for the winter.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:27 PM   #10
WADS56
gear banger

I was at work when it started so I had to drive home in it. I drive my 93lx in it all the time.

This is my list stuff I have with me in the winter

-Tool box (not some little plastic box, I mean a real toolbox)
-shovel
-jumper cables
-spare battery
-blanket
-gloves
-heavy coat
-bag of road salt

This keeps allot of weight in the rear, and also keeps me ready for anything.

Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 08:12 PM   #11
VeNuM
Registered Member

Yeah, I live a couple minutes from Miss Blondie and weather is bad here. Some ********* in a Durango cut me off while I was going 10 and it was so bad it put my front end in a ditch, thought I ripped reverse out of the tranny trying to get out. I have 2 big sandbags in the back with a set of big block chevy heads (only thing they're good for, dead weight) and I still slide around like mad. I have brand new BFG Radial T/A's too. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 08:59 PM   #12
PKRWUD

I heard Buffalo got over 7 feet of snow since last night.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whew, that's funny.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 09:07 PM   #13
Janeofalltrades

Default Sam = Engine Block Heater

Thanks Sam..That really helped Jill....You and your funny money and you even need engine block heaters and stuff there in the Great Northwest Eh?

Jill....I had a 1970 Ford Maverick (she wasn't pretty). I used to throw the free weights in the back. Looks mighty stupid lowered on the back axel that way, but who cares as long as your not past max weight....if it increases traction. What happened to your 3 bags of cat sand? Took them out, huh? Chicago Girl....You live there.... I was wondering how well the Fancy TC system on the car was going to pan out. LOL It's a Mustang....Nature of the beast, I don't even like hearing "IT" in the same sentence with Mustang, unless there is a switch where JENN can turn it off. Better yet....Option. Leave it as an option. Sorry it didn't work. Well, it probably worked. Just isn't a 4x4..

Good set of tires...even better to have a whole set (w/wheels) for winter....I find the new (no teasing guys) Goodyear Aquatread 3 to be a nice inexpensive tire.. Good rain/dry comp. Great dry traction too! Weeeeeee.....Can't really burn them well in my car. OD off and a mightly stomp can send them skipping a bit. Don't have the engine....Boo Whooo. Probably better. Not a race car tire for sure, but he grabs.

FULL tank of gas. Easy does it! LOTS AND LOTS of Space Cushion.

By the way...Girl..You own a F-150....Lots and Lots of weight....LOL

Take the truck tomorrow....Jenn
Old 12-02-2002, 09:29 PM   #14
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I've got a 4x4 pickup, but it hasn't been running right for 2-3 years now so the 'stang will be my vehicle for the winter! Well, if I can ever get a new wiring harness in it then maybe I can drive it.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 09:46 PM   #15
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

If you don't mind skeeters, I can move the wife into the spare bedroom. Bring the bikini.....
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 10:28 PM   #16
jj_jonathon
Trisket

it pisses me off how its been so damn cold in florida this past while and we dont get to even see snow out of it! ...its gunna drop to the low 30s tonight! all the freakin snow birds came down for thanksgiving and opened all their trunks letting out all the cold air! sheesh...im sick and freezing my arse off....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 10:34 PM   #17
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Well I made it home! heehee I drove about 10mph, but I got home.. lol... Venum I hear ya it's nasty out there, saw lots of cars off the side of the road (hopefully none were you)... They said over 100 accidents due to weather in the city today... supposed to all freeze and ice tonight and then snow again in the early morning Man, anyone got a room where it's warm that I can come stay in?? I cook and clean! JENNNNN I'm comin to Cali, this snow is for the penguins.. lol I moved 2 months ago so the kitty litter was sittin in my garage, but I put the stang away for the winter.. lol... but the kitty litter is in there now, ya know in case I get the urge to go do donuts in the snow.. haha... Seriously all I have to say is what the heck is traction control for??? haha I have it and it's on and I feel my tires, but I just keep sliiiiiiiiiidin... haha I was wavin' at my driveway as I slid by
Old 12-02-2002, 10:45 PM   #18
Janeofalltrades

Default ROFL..Glad you OK Friend!

Hey Girlie....You don't like tabbogining past your driveway in your brand new car....Bad sport...Oh Yeah...Come to Cali! Got a beautiful townhome, 2 car garage..extra bedroom. Son usually stays with his PaPa....LOL....You can come at least 'till it stops snowing (or we run out of frineds ). Was a nice clear sunny 65ish today. Everyone's cars all shiney. I'm so glad you made it home OK. I can't lose my MW tag team partner....

Oooo OOO Hey...here is a funny little story. After work (3:30pm) I was walking to my silly little Mustang that I love so much and was looking at the absured specticle of vehicles parked in the business lot. 2 Mercedes M class. 3 Jags of variable years and style. 2 BMW 535/745i and a Hummer2. My mind did a quick calculation and HOLY CRAP! There is way too much $ sitting in this lot. Allow me to get the hell out of here before I get into an accident and max out my $500,000.00 per accident Insurance coverage...ROFL... Please God...I would not want Snow ANYWHERE around these people who drive those cars. LOL....Outta Here!!!

Jenn
Old 12-02-2002, 10:48 PM   #19
Janeofalltrades

Default "Loved by many...hated by Most"

Jill,

I look like that remark! LOL....Two peas in a pod. Eh...(specially by the ladies....insecurity issue I think...ROFL)...

Jenn
Old 12-02-2002, 11:06 PM   #20
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Default Jenn~

wow sounds nice girl! move over, i'm movin in i'm comin to Cali to tear it up...

hey you know what, i'm gonna box some snow up and ship it to all you people who dont know what snow is... haha... how much ya want??? oh i'm crackin myself up tonight...