MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-08-2001, 01:30 PM   #41
Itgoez
Registered Member

Well, bring your POS over the border and I'll run your *** . I'll even spot ya 40 cars and still beat you by 15. Anyways have a nice life.
Itgoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 03:24 PM   #42
Coupe Devil

Rage if you want to build a big block, go for it. Hell it's your car isn't it. I am always up for advice but nobody makes my mind up for me. Some may try but that only happens once. I will only do something to my car that I have seen work. I have seen people put big blocks in fox bodies and helped one guy shoe horn his in a drag car, but I wouldnt have tried it unless I had seen it.

I have a friend that has a 65' stang with a STOCK 302 in it and it runs great but its just a small block. I also have a friend that is a Ford mechanic. He is one of those guys that always has the best at the track, and everyone goes to him for questions. He recently worked on a very rare car and I got to drive it for the test after it was done. He rebuilt the engine in a 67 fastback mustang, I thought no big deal when the man delivered it to us but we opened the hood and OH MY GOD what a motor. The car had been sent to "Holmann and Moody", yes that right I said "Holmann and moody" soon after it was purchased new in 67. The little feeble 289 hipo was chunked and in its place a 427 tunnel port. I had never even seen one until this one.

He brought it to us and it sounded like it was running on four cylinders maybe and it still kicked *** al the way throught three of a top loader 4 speed. Let me tell you that car was F'n awesome. Sure its heavy but Damn it would fly. After we got the car done it was hard not to spin the tires taking off. In closing Dont take my advice its just what I saw. YOu want a big block find someone that has done it, loook at thiers ahve them take you for a ride. If you like it build it, if not spend YOUR money somewhere else.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover, elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p.carb., built c-4, e-303, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, roll cage, summit seat, subs, 15x10's in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, all in use for 1988 Hatch Drag Car. Hope to start running next year. Hoping for 7.20's after all is done with small motor.
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:44 PM   #43
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

if i had the money and another car i would probably go for a big block but i am only 17 and wouldn't be able to afford to.......
i think i am just going to do up the 302 to spank the big blocks.......
the goal for my car is to be in the 11's adn i want it there in around 4 years
haven't figured out exactly how i am gonna acheive this but i know it involves a vortech t trim. this next winter and summer i am gonna paint it put new rims(reflex,snypers or draglites) and do some minor mods

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote