MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2002, 09:16 PM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default I got a ticket today, doh!

I was going to work this morning and I gunned it a little bit around a turn and I got a little bit of tire spin and then I shifted to second and mt back end slid out about 3 or 4 feet and I took off a little bit. Next thing I know a cop is behind me and he flashes his lights. Great. He tells me he saw me go arounfd the turn and lose traction and he could give me an exhibition of speed ticket whcich is worth 12 Points!! And I could lose my license. I'm like I did not know that. He asked me a few other questions and he ends up giving me a careless driving ticket worth 4 points and $95. He said he didn't give me a bigger ticket because he could tell I had control of my car. That really ruined my day, but at least the Avs won and I just bought an X-box. So it hasn't been the worst day. They just took 100 bucks off the X-box prices, alright.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 09:42 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Another jerk cop, sweet. Lot of them out there these days. One gave my sister a ticket for driving on the shoulder trying to get off onto her street in stopped traffic. She drove on the shoulder for a whopping 2-3ft, literally. Can you say, revenue?

Nuthin better to do than eat doughnuts, write tickets, and tell you they don't feel like fighting real crime.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 12:09 AM   #3
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Dont ya hate when cops do their job....

Signed,The Cops.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:08 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangII460
Dont ya hate when cops do their job....

Signed,The Cops.
hahahah, sorry you got a ticket 7-up but 460's reply is funny, oh yeah sorry the avs won too, heheh.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:40 AM   #5
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Eh, cops are cops. It just sucks that their job usually involves getting people in trouble. Haha, like that kid in school that would always tell the teacher on you. They make money for the government, which is good from time to time. It sucks when it happens to you, but come on.....when you see that Civic with the Lambo spoiler pulled over, you just gotta laugh! Cops: couldn't live without them.....unfortunately .

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 03:33 PM   #6
RED92LX50
Registered Member

I don't see why people get bent out of shape when a cop does his job. Just think, if the "stupid" cop hadn't pulled over Tim McVeigh for speeding, they probably never would have caught him - you remember, that guy who put a little truck bomb next to a Federal building in Oklahoma...

If you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about!
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 04:23 PM   #7
7up
Registered Member

I never said I didn't deserve the ticket. It just sucks I got one in the first place. The cop could have been a real jerk and given me a 12 point ticket, but he didn't. I'm not complaining about cops.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 04:40 PM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

What pisses me off about cops is that sometimes they seem to go out of there way to be pricks. Giving stupid tickets and enforcing a law in a "gray" situation. But at the end of the day they are what keeps us in line.

I have to admit I'd like to see more ricers caught for there stupidity. And when criminals vandalize my property or threatens my loved ones, they are the first people I call.

C'est la vie!

(got to practice my french for when I return to Canada )

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 06:46 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

The officer obviously was warranted in writing a ticket. No need to be an *** and talk about how much more of a dick he could be. Throwing the power around like a kid in a school yard. Then again, people seem to miss the fact the end result is not all that counts. If he's gonna write a ticket, write it. I don't care for him making threats to people about how he could get away with giving an unwarranted, more severe ticket if he felt like it.

As for my sister getting a ticket, it's total BS. She was being courteous to other drivers by getting off the jammed up road, an easing her own stress being stopped in traffic 2 ft from where her turn lane starts. It's not like she was rolling down the shoulder tryin to pass other cars and cut in line.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:34 PM   #10
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Invest in a lawyer. When he gets the points off of our license, it will be well worth the savings in insurance. (I'm not a lawyer)...

hmm that would be a good topic...
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:56 AM   #11
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
(got to practice my french for when I return to Canada )
When are you coming back to Toronto? And don't worry I've lived in Canada my whole life and I know next to no French. And I was in Quebec 3 times for about 4 days each time.

Quote:
Invest in a lawyer. When he gets the points off of our license, it will be well worth the savings in insurance.
Yeh I have a Careless driving ticket right now 6 points and $350. I got someone to represent me, he's a ex-cop, but that's what he does. I beleive it was $500 to hire him for careless driving but since my g/f's dad is a cop and knows him I got it for $350. But he doesn't guarntee that he will get me off, but he's saying a good chance he can get it down to 2 points or maybe none. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed. My court date is July 10th.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:17 AM   #12
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
The officer obviously was warranted in writing a ticket. No need to be an *** and talk about how much more of a dick he could be. Throwing the power around like a kid in a school yard. Then again, people seem to miss the fact the end result is not all that counts. If he's gonna write a ticket, write it. I don't care for him making threats to people about how he could get away with giving an unwarranted, more severe ticket if he felt like it.
No need to be an arse and start your reply "Another jerk cop, sweet", either.

Sorry about your sister, Kell, but back off a bit.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:40 AM   #13
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1

When are you coming back to Toronto? And don't worry I've lived in Canada my whole life and I know next to no French. And I was in Quebec 3 times for about 4 days each time.

§am.
I officially leave Dallas next Wednesday (29th of May). Tomorrow is my last day in the Dallas Office.

I should in in Toronto on June 24th (taking some holidays ).
I'm originally from BC and Alberta, so most of the US is close to Quebec than I ever have been. But I know I'll have a lot more contact with Quebec.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:15 PM   #14
Unit 5302
Registered Member

No need to defend police just because they eat doughnuts, come off like jerks, and give out unwarranted tickets either, Chris. If the guys a jerk, he's a jerk. I don't agree with the, "He's an jerk, but since he's a cop, that's okay" deal.

A police officer is, in my opinion, no more respectable than any other legitimate profession.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:25 AM   #15
PKRWUD

I don't for one minute find any justification for a cop being a jerk, but sometimes you need a wider perspective before a fair judgement can be made. This guy seemed pretty cool to me.

For example:

I got a ticket, he's a jerk. Okay on the face, but after examining it a little better, you can add that I was doing 65 in a 45. Dig even deeper, and discover there was a mexican grandmother hit and mamed in one of the un-signalled crosswalks on that street a few months ago. And truth be told, I was doing 70, but the cop only wrote me up for 65, saving me the mandatory $400 fine for exceeding the posted speed limit by 25 mph. So all in all, this jerk was pretty cool.

All I'm saying is there's usually more to the story than we hear, and I don't think it's cool to start off negative, and make them prove they're cool. I think law enforcement, fire dept., EMT's, etc are deserving of more respect than a clerk at 7-eleven, at least on the surface, but not to the point of justifying anything corrupt.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:59 AM   #16
RED92LX50
Registered Member

OK Unit - you're NOT an LS1-Humper, and you're NOT a Cop-Humper...what DO you hump
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:05 AM   #17
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Yeah, cops have to pull you over, and sometimes they give you a break. They are only doing their job, I guess. My last ticket I was doing 90 in a 65, but since he said I had a "good attitude" he wrote me up for going 75! Hehe, instead of four or more points, I only got two.... not too shabby if you ask me .

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:34 AM   #18
particleeffect
Registered Member

ive had 2 experiances with cops on the road.

1. im in central Mass. for a few weeks driving home from a old family friends house to my grandmothers house in her 85 xjc jaguar at 11pm alone. now, its an unrestored 85, so the electric is ****, and i was lucky enough to have a plate light out. i come around a corner and see a cop car pulled over on the wrong side of the road with his high beams on. so i go over the "line"(there wasnt one on this road) and go around him and im lookin in the car and i see a cop lookin at me. so i keep driving and bam, he pulls around and pulls me over. this is the 1st time ive ever been pulled over. so im nervose and get out of the car slowly to go talk. and then it starts. (there were 2 cops btw) i give them my info and the reg(it may have been recently expired, i duno, it wasnt my car) and tell them whos car it is and that yes, she knows i have it. and there askin me if im on drugs and trying to get me to slip up in my "story". so 20 mins later they decide 1 of them will drive the car back to my friends house and ill ride there in the back of the cop car. in the end, no ticket but alot of screwing around with me.

2. i was in central FL doin maybe 40 in a 35 coming home out of a school zone from pickin up a friend and got nailed by a cop behind a tree with a gun. asked if i knew the #'s i was doin and what the limit was, i said i had no idea, just pickin my friend up. and he let me off. *edit* i forgot to say i was in a 94 stock izuzu trooper 4x4(my 1st ride=p) that time.

*shrug* honestly, i wish theyd get revenue from taxes and eas up on moving violations that dont result in an accident.

-some bad spelling i know, im short on time-

Last edited by particleeffect; 05-24-2002 at 08:33 AM..
particleeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:05 PM   #19
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RED92LX50
OK Unit - you're NOT an LS1-Humper, and you're NOT a Cop-Humper...what DO you hump
Cute girls who drive Mustangs. This super hot girl in a newer sonic blue V6 Mustang got by me the other night on my drive home. Wow. I probably would have mumbled something out if I had the chance.

I'm... I'm... I like your car, what's your... I'm Kell. Nice to meet you.

My brain totally switched off. It was like all the blood just went rushing somewhere else??? HAHAHHAAH
Old 05-25-2002, 12:48 AM   #20
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Have you hugged a cop today?

Pass me a doughnut please.............
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote