MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2001, 03:00 PM   #1
wishstang
Registered Member

Smile New here. HI.

Hi everybody. I am new here but i have3 looked over the site real well. I have downloaded a lot of the movies too. Dont be suprised if you do not see me in the mustang tech boards because i am only 14. I am not a cocky or snobby kid though. i really like the new 2001 Steeda GT. I think it is really cool. I am already part of other car and mustang boards trying to learn as much as I can. I just wanted to say hi to everyone.
wishstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 03:58 PM   #2
Ripper
Registered Member

Smile

Welcome Wishstang. Your 14 and wishing for a Steeda GT. Yeah, me too. Keep saving your $$.

You should learn a lot from the guys here. I sure have.

------------------
1999 GT - Laser Red
K&N, Steeda pulleys, Steeda strut tower brace & Tri-ax
(Upcoming mods: subframes (bought), Bassani X (next), & FMS 3.73s
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Cool

Welcome wishstang

14...wow that is pretty young. Good to see that we have some young guys interested in mustangs. It's guys like you that will ensure that the mustang lives on after some of us "old" (and I am only 11 years older than you so it's not like I'm an old guy or anything ) guys stop buying mustangs and buy Crown Vics. God help me when I get to that stage. I want to be old and still racing!

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:28 PM   #4
Cliff92Z
Registered Member

Hey wishstang, I'm new here also. Don't hate me because I drive a Z28. I've never owned a Mustang but I do respect those cars. Do well in school, get a good job and you'll be able to have that Steeda GT. Now that I've graduated College and have a good flow of income, I'm on my way to having one of the baddest Z28s around.

------------------
1992 Z28 (305) TPI.
160' stat, Accel 8mm, Accel Cap & Rotor,
Flowmaster, high-flo cat.
Cliff92Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 06:16 PM   #5
smithbling
Registered Member

Hey what's up!

------------------
C ME FLY
88 Notch
MAC headers, H-pipe, and Chrome 2.5" pipes, pullies, K&N filter, BM shifter, 17" ROH ZR6, Dropped 1.5".
smithbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 06:23 PM   #6
white00GT
Registered Member

Welcome wishstang, glade to see that you are interested in mustangs at an early age. The Steeda GT is a nice ride I hope that you can get one someday. If you want to learn this is the place to be.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:43 PM   #7
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

It's always nice to have new members and cool Chevy guys here too. There's something here for everyone.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:33 PM   #8
stizzity
Registered Member

welcome and all i can ask is WASABI? it's great to have you here and as you'll find out everyone is really cool and there is always something to talk about or comment on.
stizzity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:06 PM   #9
wishstang
Registered Member

Wink

Thanks for the comments guys! As for me being mad at you guys with trans ams and camaros. No I am not mad at people with them. I respect them too. I really hope that I can learn some stuff and from what you guys are saying I think I will. Am I the youngest person on the board? I really like the Steeda. I live pretty close to the ford motor company in Lima, OH. They make $21/hour and get some real good benefits. Pretty soon they will start making the 3.9L V8 that will be in the thunderbird. I am kind of happy that I am a mustang fan too. We have people in our school that are into lowriders and trucks with cadillac tail lights. I personally do not like that stuff. I like mustangs for the fun factor. I would imagine that they give you guys something to do and they all bring us here to the forums. Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2001, 10:02 PM   #10
HemiBoo
Registered Member

Keep the dream alive--the dreams carried by our fathers who loved muscle cars and someday will be carried by our grandchildren who will still love the same cars and have a new breed to fix up and talk $#!^ about.
HemiBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:38 PM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up

Hi wishstang!

Good name, considering you're not able to drive yet but have a strong interest in Mustangs. Welcome to Mustang Works Online.

I'm always glad to see younger guys/gals that appreciate American cars (such as the mighty Mustang) with engines that can accelerate to 100 MPH in 14 seconds (or less) without needing turbos, superchargers, nitrous oxide or $5,000. worth of engine mods to do it.
You're on the right track, with the right car on the right website. Good to have you aboard.

95mustanggt:

When I finally give up my 'Stang, I plan to buy a Lincoln Mark VIII, put a blower and 4.11 gears in it and still whomp some butt while cruising to golf course out in the retirement community.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:29 AM   #12
Motorhead302
Registered Member

Hey guys, welcome. It's great to have you here, the more the merrier.

We're pretty laid back around here, and everyone is usually happy to answer questions or give advice, so you should have no trouble learning things. And there are enough knowledgeable and cool GM enthusiasts on the site that you can always get info on them, too.

Good luck, and welcome to Mustangworks!!

------------------
95 GT
Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch
14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust
Beats auto LS1's after
Visit my homepage

Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:24 AM   #13
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0:

95mustanggt:

When I finally give up my 'Stang, I plan to buy a Lincoln Mark VIII, put a blower and 4.11 gears in it and still whomp some butt while cruising to golf course out in the retirement community. [/B]
LOL, that is hilarious. I never thought of a Lincoln. That would be a little nicer than a Crown vic.

I think I'll go with a convertable mustang and try not too go so fast as to have the wind blow my dentures out of my mouth!

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:28 PM   #14
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wishstang:
Hi everybody. I am new here but i have3 looked over the site real well. I have downloaded a lot of the movies too. Dont be suprised if you do not see me in the mustang tech boards because i am only 14. I am not a cocky or snobby kid though. i really like the new 2001 Steeda GT.
Dont give up the dream. When I was 14, I decided I wanted a stang, so I got a job and saved for 3 years. When I was 17, I bought a 95 V6. I kept working and saving, and last year, I sold the six and bought a 97 GT. When that exploded, I traded it in for a 2000 GT, and bought a bunch of steeda parts. Now Im living the dream, and Im only 20. You can do it too. Good Luck.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:48 PM   #15
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Talking

WELCOME ABOURD WISHSTANG!! Man, when i was 14 i was hoping my dad would let me have the Honda...HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You obviously have better taste than i did 6 years ago. Light Em Up!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:07 PM   #16
wishstang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
Dont give up the dream. When I was 14, I decided I wanted a stang, so I got a job and saved for 3 years. When I was 17, I bought a 95 V6. I kept working and saving, and last year, I sold the six and bought a 97 GT. When that exploded, I traded it in for a 2000 GT, and bought a bunch of steeda parts. Now Im living the dream, and Im only 20. You can do it too. Good Luck.

man that sounds a lot like me! this may sound like a stupid thing but i save up $.25 from my lunch money everyday. i am kind of addicted to mustangs. i really need my mutual funds to do better though. for a first car i really want a honda insight. sounds dumb but you save tons of $$$ on gas money which is = to money for the mustang. now to find a job??? hmmmm? i better start looking shouldnt i.