MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2001, 05:17 PM   #1
Gautam
Registered Member

Cool Where do you park?

Hi,
Was at the mall today and happened to notice a blue notch 5.0 (with low profile tires & chrome 5-stars), and it had blackouts like mine so I went through all the trouble of parking right beside it, even though it was quite a walk to the store I wanted to go to.

Then later in the day, we happend by a red GT 5.0L w/ Mach 1 hood, 5-stars, & saleen style spoiler, and we parked beside it too. Unfortunately when we had to leave, those cars were still there so the other owners didn't get to see our cars; oh well, it still looked pretty bad a$$ with 5.0Ls side-by-side!

Do any of you do that? Like park beside stangs (or any other muscle car you like)? Anywhere I go, I try to look for 5.0Ls just for the hell of it before I park. Am I weird for doing this?

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:39 PM   #2
1BadMoFo5.0

I like parking beside big pieces of junk to make the people who drive them feel bad. No! I am just kidding. I park out in the boonies where everyone can see, but no one can bang up.

------------------
90' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang. 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. Too much to list here so if you want to know ask me.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 04-04-2001, 06:49 PM   #3
white00GT
Registered Member

Today I went to the mall and low and behold there was a 01 Vet. Red with chrome rims. Well what do I do?? Park beside it of course, hopeing that it is some guy and hopefuly I can pull off a race and smoke him. It turns out some old lady was driving it , so I park all the way out in the boonies for nothing. So yes I always try to park beside muscle cars if they are around. My fav. is to park be side camaros and fire chickens.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:16 PM   #4
84_GT350
Registered Member

I do if it's convenient and there's an open spot...but I won't really go out of my way. It really gets me to see people with semi-nice cars park half a mile away from stores for fear of their cars getting dinged or something. My friend does that all the time. He's got a Monte Carlo SS in nice condition (but bone stock except for mufflers) and he parks way the hell away from stores no matter what the weather is. It's annoying as piss...especially when I'm the one walking across the parking lot during Kansas winters.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:18 PM   #5
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Personally, I try to park inbetween BMW's and Jag's... you KNOW they're not going to bang your car up!!! At School I park in the teacher lot...

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
PonyGirl

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:29 PM   #6
lx mike
Undescribable

I do what red does, park besides something real nice and not worry about getting a ding or anything. either that or in the boonies and seeing as i need to loose a few lbs i will start parking wayyyyy out there for a while to get some walking in!

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:22 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs down

In the crowded Bay Area, you park wherever you can get a spot. It's getting so damn crowded out here.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:47 PM   #8
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Yeah I gotta agree with StoplightWarrior being from the BayArea too, finding a place to park can be a bit of a problem. I normally park very far just because about 1 month after I got my Stang someone sideswiped it, while it was parked...arrhhhhh I still get pissed just thinking about it.

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:26 PM   #9
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

When I had a street Mustang I really never parked it and got out. I would cruse it and go back home, maybe stopping at a pepsi machine or two on the way. If it did not have a drive thru,we did not stop.

Of course that was in D.C, anything left alone was free game.

mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 10:51 AM   #10
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

never next to suv's or minvans cuz of kids..never next to POS's cuz they dnot care..never next to bmw or lexus cuz its some rich guys wife..not next to POS stangs cuz they'll steal something..usually ill try next to nice stangs or ls1's or vettes cuz i nkow those people care

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:56 PM   #11
cleangreenmachine

There is an early 90's Camaro with big sewer pipe exhaust that I always seem to end up near when I park at work. Never met the person who owns it, but we definitely seem to be sizing each other up. Perhaps one day we'll be parked side-by-side at a red light, but I don't think we'll remain stationary for too long!

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible
Old 04-05-2001, 02:07 PM   #12
Michelle Page
Registered Member

I try not to park too close to anyone. Unless there is a good musclecar to park next to. In high school there was a really hot gut that drove an '88 GT, I always tried to park my Sherman Tank oldsmobile next to his car. I'm sure he loved that!

------------------
1966 Mustang The long term project
1988 Mustang coupe The fast one Cobra intake, AFR heads, Ultradyne cam, 3.73's. 8 pt. cage, more to come!
Michelle Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 06:28 PM   #13
white00GT
Registered Member

Sherman Tank oldsmobile next to his car. I'm sure he loved that!

LOL

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 07:59 PM   #14
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by RedLilPony:
Personally, I try to park inbetween BMW's and Jag's... you KNOW they're not going to bang your car up!!! At School I park in the teacher lot...
EEEK!! Exact oposite, park away from those pretentious fools, and stay away from them on the road. They are so caught up in how much better they are than everyone else that they don't pay attention and cause accidents/damage. Fools. My dad bought an Volvo S80, and over the year that he's had it, he is really, truly a worse driver. Luxury car syndrome.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote