MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2003, 12:26 PM   #1
PKRWUD

Default Very Disturbed

I don't usually double post a thread, but this needs to be shared, IMO. I posted this at RHC this morning:

I'm very angry today. There is a low-life piece of scum that happened to live in the same town I do, who is now a fugitive. I can't type all the details, but in short, his name is Andrew Luster, and he's a piece of shiit. Luster, the 39-year-old grandson of cosmetics company founder Max Factor, went on the lam Friday, right in the middle of his rape trial. He is accused of drugging women and then having sex with them. He faces 87 criminal counts, including sodomy and sexual battery.

Here's a page w/ pictures: http://vcsd.org/luster/index.html

Well, today I read the following letter in the paper, and just about had a stroke:

Quote:
Humanize rape laws

I can almost applaud Andrew Luster's flight from an unfair legal system that wants to put him behind bars for 150 years while others who committed murder are out playing golf.

There are some elements of consent involved in Luster's crimes. He is wealthy, good-looking, single.

I am a lawyer and I agree that an uninvited touching, not accidental, should be unlawful and considered an assault and battery. If it involves a sexual act, it should also be considered rape.

If the state can prove what he did, Luster should be punished. But there should be different categories of rape. Where the victim is not physically harmed in any way, but simply coerced or threatened into the act, it should be in the same class as an assault and battery. The California Supreme Court just decided that consensual sex, where the female changes her mind during the act and demands her partner to stop and he persists, is also rape and carries the same penalty as if the lady were physically attacked.

Is that ridiculous or what? It's as if my colleagues sitting on the bench have lost touch with the effect hormones have on us humans. And these same hormones mandate that the male should be the aggressor. In truth, females wouldn't have it any other way.

Let's call on the Legislature to re-examine the laws on rape and humanize them.

-- Bernard Lehrer, Ventura
This guy has some very serious issues, and IMO, needs to be castrated. Both of them.

Sorry, I just needed to vent.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
mustanggt_50
Registered Member

I fully agree with you, that guy does have some serious issues.
87 GT T-roof (needs paint) lol, rebuilt motor and trans, AOD - stage 2 shift kit, 3.73 gears - auburn posi, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat Back, FRPP 155lph fuel pump, K&N filter - air silencer removed, subframe connectors, strut tower brace.

88 GT T-roof

1989 LX Coupe 5.0 - 5spd

Rice Haters Club member#105
mustanggt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
digital3.3

whoa dude thats messed up.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Is that ridiculous or what? It's as if my colleagues sitting on the bench have lost touch with the effect hormones have on us humans. And these same hormones mandate that the male should be the aggressor. In truth, females wouldn't have it any other way.
What a narrow minded view of women. I'd like to kick this guy's arse. Not that he'd be worth the charges.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #5
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Angry

This kind of crap makes me really mad. It is very scary to be a single female alone at night anymore. I know that I'm always watching my back and my surroundings when I'm out at night. In my opinion rape is right up there with murder. Those people are taking something so valuable to a woman. Those guys must've been smokin some crack that day or something... absolutely insane...

-Jill
Old 01-10-2003, 03:49 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I will not participate in this thread beyond this point cause it is too touchy but I will say this.

Murder is murder.........If you purposely take someones life it is murder there is no gray area.

With murder there is proof in the form of a missing person or a dead body.

Rape- When a women is forced to unwillingly have sex with a man, that is rape and is a horrible crime.

Rape does however have a huge expansive gray area. A man can be falsely accused of rape, many have been. A man can have sex with a prostitute and not pay her and then all of the sudden it is rape. A women can have consensual sex with a man, get pissed off and then accuse him of rape and guess what there is physical evidence because you did have sex. Then it is her word against yours and guess who they will believe.

This is why I belive that rape should not be ranked up there with murder.

This is of course JMO,

Last edited by Dark_5.0; 01-10-2003 at 04:06 PM..
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Default Re: Very Disturbed

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
The California Supreme Court just decided that consensual sex, where the female changes her mind during the act and demands her partner to stop and he persists, is also rape and carries the same penalty as if the lady were physically attacked.

Let's call on the Legislature to re-examine the laws on rape and humanize them.

-- Bernard Lehrer, Ventura
WHAT!!! Bernard is a fitting example of the type of people that help make this world the hell hole it is. Disgusting. I wonder if he is married??? I doubt it.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:33 PM   #8
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I will not participate in this thread beyond this point cause it is too touchy but I will say this.

Murder is murder.........If you purposely take someones life it is murder there is no gray area.

With murder there is proof in the form of a missing person or a dead body.

Rape- When a women is forced to unwillingly have sex with a man, that is rape and is a horrible crime.

Rape does however have a huge expansive gray area. A man can be falsely accused of rape, many have been. A man can have sex with a prostitute and not pay her and then all of the sudden it is rape. A women can have consensual sex with a man, get pissed off and then accuse him of rape and guess what there is physical evidence because you did have sex. Then it is her word against yours and guess who they will believe.

This is why I belive that rape should not be ranked up there with murder.

This is of course JMO,
I do understand your point, and agree to an extent, but what has me so irrate about it all is the as$hole in question that this dickweed wrote the letter about would drug women, take them home where they passed out, and videotaped himself having his way with them. They found several bottles of GHB, along with numerous videotapes at his house in which he was committing his crime, and the women/girls (one was 17) were often snoring.

I dunno. I am letting emotion get in the way of peoples rights with an argument like this, which is actually uncharacteristic of me. Well, somewhat. But I do really hate this guy. He lived right around the corner from one of my better customers, and he often came by trying to invite himself into her parties (she was a dancer), but he was such a geek/creep that they never let him in. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if they did, and it pisses me off.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #9
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

Default Let me play Devil's Advocate a minute

I read the quote, and compared it to the events he was applying to. Even if I agree with every single thing the article writer said, based on what the charges are, nothing he said would apply. Key point is that he DRUGGED his victims. There was nothing innocent and unintentional about what this animal did based on what I read here as to the events that happened. It's lawyers like that article writer who give the profession a bad name.

It's getting to the point that girls need Big Strong Chauffers that can drive them everywhere and protect them from scum.
bigbandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #10
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I said it on RHC and I'll say it here. The guy that said that rape laws should be humanized. He needs to be horse whipped. And rapists need to be shot.

Simple as that.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:12 PM   #11
69fastback
IRAQ VET

In the military we have a differnt set of laws we have to follow by and they are called the Uniform Military Clause of Justice known as the UMCJ. Under UMCJ laws rape is punishable by death and i think that needs to be instaled in civilian life. I can't really think of too many worse things than rape and feel it should be punishible by death.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:14 PM   #12
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:
Originally posted by 69fastback
In the military we have a differnt set of laws we have to follow by and they are called the Uniform Military Clause of Justice known as the UMCJ. Under UMCJ laws rape is punishable by death and i think that needs to be instaled in civilian life. I can't really think of too many worse things than rape and feel it should be punishible by death.
I agree 100%.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
Old 01-10-2003, 11:39 PM   #13
69fastback
IRAQ VET

oooooooooooppppppppssssssssssssss

OK i feel like a real idiot. I screwed that one up. I have had a few bud lights. it is the Unifrom Code of Military Justice UCMJ not UMCJ Yes i feel like a ******* already.....sorry.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 05:19 AM   #14
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
the Uniform Military Clause of Justice known as the UMCJ.
Lmao....a few beers in you or not, that was very original. "Clause of Justice".........hmmmmmmmm.....have a few more and see what you can come up with..
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:06 AM   #15
mikew88gt
Registered Member

People like this just aren't safe in society, ever. They don't get better after serving years on prison. How would you feel if this guy gets caught (again), goes to jail for a few years and then does the same crime to your wife or kid after being released. I admit I'm bit primitive and sometimes over simplify lifes problems but if he did it to my wife or kid he wouldn't do it again.

My 1988 Mustang GT
mikew88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #16
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:
oooooooooooppppppppssssssssssssss

OK i feel like a real idiot. I screwed that one up. I have had a few bud lights. it is the Unifrom Code of Military Justice UCMJ not UMCJ Yes i feel like a ******* already.....sorry.
Whatever.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
Old 01-12-2003, 08:41 PM   #17
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

WTF is the world coming to.

This guy druged girls and raped them. He deserves no mercy.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:07 AM   #18
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

The fact that murderers are playing golf and rapists are being punished does not mean that we are being too hard on the rapists. It means we are being too soft on murderers. I'm for the death penalty.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #19
DemonGT
Registered Member

i agree with Dark50 completely

dose rape mess up a women mentaly for life..yes, is rape really bad...yes....do i put it up there next to muder....no

and about taken something so valuable away from a women..what about that bobit guy...his wife choped his shlong off and didnt get nothen....little off subject but..just trying to make a point

i think we are all geting off subject....post isnt really about rape in general..but about this guy and what he did...
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:43 AM   #20
DemonGT
Registered Member

Rice hunter reminded me

in the paper the other day i seen a artical talken bout how there going to take a crap load of ppl off death row and just put them in for life.....thats dumb..there just going to end up costing us tax payers that much more

if some one is PROVEN GUILTY..and sentenced to death...it shouldnt be like..."ok your sentence is death..now go sit on death row for 15 years" it should be "your sentence is death...no..follow that nice officer to the execution room"
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote