MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #21
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: "I BOUGHT AN ABUSE VICTIM"!!!

you guys are girls man ...makes me want to put a wing and some stickers on my cars for some reason... a badass double decker wing at that
Old 03-23-2005, 03:20 PM   #22
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: "I BOUGHT AN ABUSE VICTIM"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_5.0

You might consider trying reading the date of the post and realize this post is 4 years old and some newb brought it back up.

At the time it was posted it was relevant to a few members that used to be on here.

I ended up selling the car for practicly nothing to someone less fortunate.
Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Dont talk to me about respecting this dead web site. I am probably the most active member on here at this time. I spend most of my time in Windsor power and not cause I need help but to help others.
Good for you. I used to be the moderator of that forum and it's nice to know some folks still keep it up.

Frankly, my mild little criticism of your old 'Prelude' post seems to have woken up the Blue Oval Lounge forum somewhat. Interesting. All it takes a touch of 'controversy'. I used to supply that here all the time. Now, I leave it others and, alas, few take up the challenge. Maybe you can rise to the occasion. If not, don't complain about a 'dead' web site, something MW is definitely not. Just ask Dan McClain.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #23
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
Thanks for the update.

Good for you. I used to be the moderator of that forum and it's nice to know some folks still keep it up.

Frankly, my mild little criticism of your old 'Prelude' post seems to have woken up the Blue Oval Lounge forum somewhat. Interesting. All it takes a touch of 'controversy'. I used to supply that here all the time. Now, I leave it others and, alas, few take up the challenge. Maybe you can rise to the occasion. If not, don't complain about a 'dead' web site, something MW is definitely not. Just ask Dan McClain.
I have never been one to shy away from controversy.

I figured you were just stirring the $hit,

I found your criticism to be more than mild since I am an anti-ricer.

The site as a whole may do well but the forums are damn slow.

Lets let this thread die Again!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:04 PM   #24
Mr 5 0

Quote:

Jim is a coward he pops in here once a year talks trash and then vanishes.
I resent the implications inherent in that comment.

I've been a member of Mustang Works for almost 8 years (in May), twice as long as you have been here. I practically built this site - as far as the message boards go - having been the Messageboard administrator as well as the Windsor Power moderator for close to 5 years. I paid my dues here with untold hours of posting and editing and answering questions. How do you think I reached over 7,000 posts? I have engaged in weeks-long, multiple-page debates over many major issues on this forum for years. Granted, I do not post here often these days as there is little for me to comment on, but I visit the BOL every day. I don't see you here very often.

As for your unfortunate 'coward' remark: Prehaps you have something you would like to debate with me here besides some old Honda you bought and sold four years ago. If so, I'll be happy to oblige, assuming you are able to have a civil discussion without the cursing and name-calling you seem to fall back on when words fail you, as they seem to do fairly often. If not, then you have nothing to whine about. I gladly exchange messages with other posters when we both have something worthwhile to discuss. If name-calling and clumsy attempts at playing internet tough guy are all you have to offer then we are about done here.

Quote:
This whole thread is a matter of opinion and I could give a phuck about his.
Yet you've posted on the thread a number of times to repeatedly address my original comments and you sent me a nasty, name-calling PM. Odd, for someone who doesn't give a ...what was that word, again?...about my opinion. It's obvious that you do. It's also painfully obvious that you are incapable of accepting even the slightest criticism about anything and have reacted like a schoolboy who is being teased, lashing out with curses and bravado that fools no one. Must be a maturity issue for you.

Quote:
If the moderators of this site would bother to show up every now and then this thread would have been deleted when it was brought back from the dead.
Talk is cheap. Why don't you volunteer as a moderator and make everything right? If not, don't criticize those who volunteer their time here.

Quote:
he will either write a 3 page response trying to defend his very weak position or he will take the easy way out and just not respond either way i could care less.
Until you post yet another reply to me - proving how 'you could care less'. Right.

Quote:
Anyone that has a problem with this post that I made 4 years ago can suck my root.
That's your final answer? A juvenile little snarl? O.K. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 PM   #25
Mr 5 0

Quote:

I have never been one to shy away from controversy.

I figured you were just stirring the $hit,

I found your criticism to be more than mild since I am an anti-ricer.

The site as a whole may do well but the forums are damn slow.

Lets let this thread die Again!!!
I agree - and I sincerely apologize if I came off as too harsh - but being called a 'coward' and an 'A-hole' (in your PM) tends to have that effect. Still, mutual name-calling helps no one and I am sorry I let it get to that point, for my part.

I also regret allowing this resurrected, ancient thread to escalate into a big argument that has no real point to it.

Lets drop it.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #26
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Dark 5.0,
You usually have something good to add to people's posts and give good advice/knowledge.

Why the crappy attitude towards the website? No one makes you come here.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 AM   #27
Capri306

I think I'm going to kill this while we're ahead.

Oh, and FYI, I'm here as often as I can be. Some of us are busy doing worthwhile things with their lives instead of complaining about outdated, irrelevant threads on internet message boards....like going to college.

Some ppl need to learn when to drop it and walk away, imho.

Sorry I can't elaborate more, but I have to finish up two reports for tomorrow's classes. Have a nice life.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Closed Thread