MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2001, 11:46 AM   #1
inferno
The Instigator

Thumbs down "5.0"

Yesterday at work I saw this early fox pull in...it had chrome fender flares, door trim lining, daytons sticking out about 3", chrome curb feelers, and a chrome exhaust tip that stuck out at least 4" past the bumper. I saw were the guy parked and I walked over to see this abomination up close when I saw it......a crooked 5.0 badge!!! It was too far forward and like I said before, the car only had one exhaust tip. Later he drove by my Supra and revved and I heard the sound of glasspacks on a 4 banger stang. From now on, I am taking my digital camara with me so that I can show all of these marvelous pieces of automotive genius I come across.

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....now to decide on what wheels I am going to order for my T04E......

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 11:49 AM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I don't know how many times I wish I had my camera with me for stuff like that. I saw the worst looking 94-95 V6 mustang the other. It would make the top 5 best all time on riceboypage.com.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 12:17 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

Where do you work inferno?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 12:42 PM   #4
fastang
Registered Member

Please do, If I had a digi camera I would do the same, You wouldnt believe some of the **** I see around here.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 01:01 PM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Yesterday, I saw a black 3000GT with Ferrari badges. On the center of the Trunk lid there was a Ferrari emblem, you know, the yellow one with the horse standing on its back legs. The side front quarter panels had the same emblem, and running along the door there was a sticker that said, in cursive writing, "Ferrari." Some old asian guy was driving it, and I was thinking maybe he just moved here, and some American guy sold him a $250000 3000GT!!! HAHA. But Im sure it was not a Ferrari.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 11:59 PM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Thumbs down

I saw a mustang like that in Jacksonville, Fl before. It was one of the most God aweful things i have ever seen. To make it worse the guy was driving around trying to rev on ppl. All I could do was laugh.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 02:11 AM   #7
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by dinomite:
Where do you work inferno?
I am a security guard at a mall. I work out in the parking lot so I always see some "interesting" vehicles. I saw a Wrangler with odd racing stripes today but I didn't get to my car in time to take a picture of it before the person left....the rest of the night, the cam was in my pocket but I didn't see anything else.

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....now to decide on what wheels I am going to order for my T04E......

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 02:39 AM   #8
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I used to have a Shelby GT500 emblem on the trunklid of my Toyota Celica (I didn't steal the emblem, it came off of a totalled GT500-I live near a tow yard)...anyway, it wasn't completely out-of-place, as I did have a small-block Ford engine & Toploader in it. Sure, to be accurate I'd need a GT350 badge, but it was free (the emblem, not the car).
Ah well, car and emblem are both lone gone anyway...
Token Right Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 06:00 PM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
Yesterday, I saw a black 3000GT with Ferrari badges. On the center of the Trunk lid there was a Ferrari emblem, you know, the yellow one with the horse standing on its back legs. The side front quarter panels had the same emblem, and running along the door there was a sticker that said, in cursive writing, "Ferrari." Some old asian guy was driving it, and I was thinking maybe he just moved here, and some American guy sold him a $250000 3000GT!!! HAHA. But Im sure it was not a Ferrari.
LOL. StoplightWarrior, I'm crowning you king of parody (brings to mind a previous post, had something to do with some Toyota ).

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 06:19 PM   #10
Rev
Registered Member

Those Stangs are as hillarious as the "riced out Hondas". Some refer to those "JC Whitney" Mustangs as "ghetto Stangs". Just as funny as "low riders" with hydraulics. Anything done in poor taste is still just a POS, no matter what it was to begin with. I'm with you on this one inferno.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 07:02 PM   #11
Stefan
Registered Member

There's a Stang around here that kind of confuses me. First, I have Borla sidepipes on my 96 and I think they're pretty cool. There's really no inbetween on sidepipes - people either hate 'em or love 'em. Regardless, mine are REAL. There is a 94 or 95 white with black top convertible V6 Stang in town that I saw the other day that has fake sidpipe covers. I don't guess I understand the point. The holes aren't even cut for tips to exit and the stock single pipe still exits the back. I've seen these advertised from ABC Exclusive in the mags and it just seems kind of strange to me. To each his own I guess.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 10:35 PM   #12
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan:
There's a Stang around here that kind of confuses me. First, I have Borla sidepipes on my 96 and I think they're pretty cool. There's really no inbetween on sidepipes - people either hate 'em or love 'em. Regardless, mine are REAL. There is a 94 or 95 white with black top convertible V6 Stang in town that I saw the other day that has fake sidpipe covers. I don't guess I understand the point. The holes aren't even cut for tips to exit and the stock single pipe still exits the back. I've seen these advertised from ABC Exclusive in the mags and it just seems kind of strange to me. To each his own I guess.

Now that's just sickening. (don't know whether to laugh, cry or become irate)

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 12:10 AM   #13
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body:
LOL. StoplightWarrior, I'm crowning you king of parody (brings to mind a previous post, had something to do with some Toyota ).

Thanks, but I swear to God I saw that **** !
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 09:50 PM   #14
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Angry

Hehe...what you speak of is an everyday occurance were im at. I have got to get a digital camera. You would not believe it in the past year i have seen a new ford lightning and a new cobra get totaly vandalized. They turned these vehicles into something that would not be easy to give away we are talking about 12 inch rims and rubber band tires loads of chrome stripping and every bolt on body panel ever made. and to top it all of they have to let everyone know who there dumb *** is related to buy putting there last name in huge letters on the back window.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 05:30 PM   #15
fastang
Registered Member

Seriously: Putting your name on your daily driver is just plain tasteless. Do they think theyre Jeff Gordon or something?

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote