MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2001, 11:54 AM   #41
SilverWing
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
it almost seems like you'll never find the one person that will appreciate for what you have to offer the world. Especially after a bad experience in a realtionship
Some of us girls are going through the same thing. I feel your pain! Especially since I'm 23 and all of my friends are married. Not that because they're married means I have to get married now, I'm just saying that them being married only further reminds me that I can't find a single decent guy out there.

2003 Dark Shadow Gray Mach 1
1996 Moonlight Blue Mustang
SilverWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 12:26 PM   #42
Coupe Devil

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverWing

Some of us girls are going through the same thing. I feel your pain! Especially since I'm 23 and all of my friends are married. Not that because they're married means I have to get married now, I'm just saying that them being married only further reminds me that I can't find a single decent guy out there.

I'm single. Ha Ha. I think I'm decent anyways.

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 10:56 PM   #43
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Well, I'm 17 and not many of my friends are in relationships.
I've been going out with my g/f for 6 months. I love my g/f to death, but I wonder how long will it last? I would love for it to last forever but I'd want a couple things to be fixed before I'd marry her, but we have no intentions on getting married at all. Well - we joke about it but it isn't going to happen. When things go great I feel like I could be with her forever, when things go bad I feel like I'm losing her and I go crazy. Amazing how the heart works.

Ohh... and I'm announcing I'm trying my new test in life.

This is my new attitude for a bit; I'm going to be more easy going, bottle up all my anger (so don't get mad at ppl), let what has to be, be. And I'm going to be a bit less nice. =) Like, I won't always go out of my way, and I'll play a little hard to get. That otta help me figure out some of these woman problems I'm having.

Ohh.. also here is the conclusion I came up with my g/f (Anyone who knows my problems that I complain about quite frequently) I was sitting at work today and I figured this out.

I've been thinking at work like everyday about this.
When I first met Laura (my G/f) I told her twice that we couldn't go out. (Several reasons: age difference and not much in common). Anyway I pretty much kept saying we couldn't go out and stuff. So - like, hard to get? And she never gave up.

But now that I'm finally going out with her and she knows I can't go without her she slowly keeps doing things to push her luck. Like she wants me to get mad so I'm going to go back to the hard to get stage. (what girls want). They always want something they can't have. And which brings me to Doug (Her guy friend - I HATE HIM), he is a prick and is an a$$ to her she always complains how he is mean and **** and he pushs her around (Wait tell I see him, I am probably going to punch him in the head without warning) She still talks and hangs around with him plus she knows this upsets me - or has a good idea that it does, but she says it's fine as long as it's nothing more then a friend.

Back to the theory girls want what they can't have.
I don't know how true this situation is but it is the best I can understand it. So now I'm trying my 'new thing' and be less sympathetic and 'obsessive' of her. Like I said, I have the more of who cares attitude with her. Doesn't mean I still don't love her or will stop protecting her, but I just won't wait hand and foot for her, also I'll start hanging out with female friends and see what she thinks of this and quote her on her own words on how it is O.K. and just I figure this is the way it's gotta be. If she plays her game I'll play mine.

I really don't agree to doing this but I don't want to loose her so if this is the only way I can keep her then I'll have to do it, but I don't know how long I can stick to it. Anyone think this is wrong or a good idea, also any other or alternative suggestions?

Thanks All,

Now that is a novel allright.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 12:41 PM   #44
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Took me a while to read it all, but I finally did. (Maybe I should've started when the # of post were at about 5 ).

Well, anyway, there is a lot of good advice here and pony_power_90, that was a touching account you gave. It would be hard for me to fathom that no guy (sorry, I can't speak for the women) has ever been to what you've been too. I think we've all gone through it (of course depending on age)-- maybe not entirely, but at least to a certain extent. I have-- to that certain extent-- been through what you've been through. The only diff is that I didn't spend nearly as much as you, not monetarily, but time. It was the time that was spent. Won't go into all the details, but for me, friendship WILL come first b4 there is a deeper relationship. I'm not an avid dating game contestant. It's kinda just not my thing. That is perhaps why I have been single for over 4 years. (Well I am kinda picky too). I also refuse to do the bar scene.

I love women-- no doubt. They make me feel all squishy inside , but I've learned to just take it easy and not to get all uptight about them (only took me one or 2 times to learn). I'm the type of guy that cannot do the 3 month relationship with a girl and then just "Bye bye". I don't think I could take that and there's too much other crap that goes along with it that I just don't have time for. I know of friends (close friends) that have been through relationships with girls and just be cause they are "fine". Ends up with lots of problems and heartbreak. So from their experiences and mine (2 diff experiences) I've learned to just take it easy. Now, I am more into my car and guitar. Currently, I have a passion for them that is unequaled by any other earthly desire.

I dunno, being in the state I am in now, gives me the chance to strain and refine the thoughts in my head--refine who I am-- and for the better. I look and see desperate guys in relationships that suck mostly b/c they feel they GOT to be with a girl (or just desparate) and I want no part in that game. Sorry, I'm tired of it all and next time it will be right or it will not be (hope you can understand me). Yes, I would LOVE to be completed (for now I feel incomplete <---please don't laugh at me) soon, but I feel I have grown a bit (and could most definately grow more) and with patience I will continue the path of straightened priorities: My God, my family and friends, myself, and my car and guitar.

To tell the truth, I am glad I didn't purse some relationships that I might have. I can see where just being layed back and taking it easy has spared me much grief. So, I'm gonna try my best to draw the line between "longing" for the woman of my dreams and being utterly "desperate." Well, I believe that personally, if I do, we'll meet soon enough, and whenever that is, that'll be the best. In the mean time, I will make do with what I have.

Take care you all and thanks for all of your insight in this mega-thread. Gives me a few things to think about.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 01:09 PM   #45
Strawberryblond
Registered Member

You guys 'n gals are quite insightful! I'm very impressed!

As for my take on the matter... well, I'll ditto everything Belle said!
Strawberryblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 06:07 AM   #46
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Hey Strawberryblond, if your going to be another person to help us out, then u need to throw in a couple of words too.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote