MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-11-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Default "Chevy vs. Ford" should end, "V8's vs. Rice"

I'm thinking Ford and Chevy should put aside their differences and gang up on the ricers out there. I still see a lot of muscle cars going at it which is cool and all but we should all stick together until this "Ricer" fad has gone out of style, WAYYYY out of style.
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
this is not cbring
Registered Member

since i'm reading this, i'll assume that i am part of "we."

you go right ahead yelowjaket, but i'm going to sit this one out.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:08 PM   #3
digital3.3

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
since i'm reading this, i'll assume that i am part of "we."

you go right ahead yelowjaket, but i'm going to sit this one out.
LOL, jeez man your assuming we'd wait for you to show up or slow down during a cruise so that you could keep up.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i think i'd keep up okay with an I-6 stang
Old 03-11-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

Before this gets out of hand, there is no reason for it to be a V8 v. rice grudge.

The Ford/Chevy rivalry has a storied history, and the cars are actually competetive. It would be like asking why there is not Yankee / Expo's rivalry. It's obviously no contest.

Now, when I'm comparing hp and et's with Chevy guys and a ricer pulls up, we (me and Mr. GM) both get a good laugh out of the ricers trying to be fast and cool.

Then we go back to racing each other.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:53 AM   #6
digital3.3

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
i think i'd keep up okay with an I-6 stang
an i-6 most likely, depends on how well you drive. but i'm replacing it currently with a 351w so my sig will be outdated and that can wail on a gti (seen it happen). but the gti's are nice cars just not my thing though.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:36 AM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

oh man, i was going home tonight & a white camary, heheheheh what a ghey name for a car, try's to race me through a a bunch of s - curve's & a bridge, he almost ran into 5 or 6 car's, i just let him go, as soon as we got to the straight part of the highway, he want's to turn off, go figure, rice at it's finest. lol i reved him , oh yeah he got off the freeway, i wasnt going to play the i'm the best at running people off the road game, what a ricer dork, but on the wide open highway he ducked, wonder why???? lol stupid ricer's, they are so chicken chit ghey boy's lmao. , i guess he is typing on toyota. fag. ghey, about how he smoked a gt stang, really lmao now, moron.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:52 AM   #8
BLOCKER
Registered Member

Here is a thought, why don't we build an I-6 stang, then go race it, I am sure with a little tuning, balancing and porting we could bulid a real "neat" and different mustang.. just a thought. then people couldn't say "you gotta a V8 ya better beat me"

just a thought
-2008 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200
-2008 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
-1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertable
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #9
digital3.3

yeah that would be neat, not too sure how much power you could coax out of the little 200 i-6 and finding stuff for the engine is a real *****. but it could be worth looking into.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #10
BLOCKER
Registered Member

lets make it mustangworks new project car, we could call it "project revolver" or "project serious injury", and get the pres. to pay for it all! hehe
Old 03-13-2003, 08:03 AM   #11
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Re: "Chevy vs. Ford" should end, "V8's vs. Rice"

Quote:
Originally posted by yelowjaket
I'm thinking Ford and Chevy should put aside their differences and gang up on the ricers out there. I still see a lot of muscle cars going at it which is cool and all but we should all stick together until this "Ricer" fad has gone out of style, WAYYYY out of style.
Long Winded But Very truthful

Uhm Pardon Me But....
almost half of americian Cars these Days have parts made in mexico and canada and china etc it helps Ford and chevy and Jeep etc stay Competitive. Chevy "Although I Hate GM" with a passion stoped Building the One car that was out pacing the rice rockets the Base Model Z-28 and ther 3800 V-6. Ford employees Got the the day off when Chevy annonced to the Public that it was no longer building V-8 Rear wheel Drive Cars, This Inculded the Caprice as well as the Camaroe and Firebird. The only One left is the Hand Built rear wheel drive Corvette. Why do you think we have so many Flavors of Mustangs Now The V-6 The Gt The Snake and the Mach One And Ford Makes the Crown Victory the Only Police Cruiser Left. If GM or Dodge doesnt step Up to the Plate and after seeing what Dodge stepped Up to the Plate with Im scared Really scared, Ford will Dominate the Rear wheel drive V-8 Market because there the Only ones making them. Fhew

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 09:58 AM   #12
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Dodge is trying to step up with the Neon SRT-4(?). That thing is a rocket posting sub 6 sec times in 0-60 and claiming a top speed of 148 mph. it also if I remember right has a low 14 sec time in the quarter. That is more than enough to give a stock GT fits. I do agree though that Dodge doesn't have rear wheel drive sports car anymore like a Mustang or Camaro. Hopefully there will be further additions to their lineup. GM is trying to respond to Ford's domination of rear wheel driven vehicles but I think we're still a few years away from seeing that come to fruitation.
As far as rice goes, ignore them like me and if they rev at you smoke 'em and they tend to leave you alone. It's a fad and will disappear eventually. But give them credit for forcing the Big Three automakers here to come up with some performance compact cars(Focus, Neon).
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #13
The Sandman
Registered Member

I hate GM too but I have been saying this for years....

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:52 PM   #14
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Ricers don't even try me anymore. I don't get the stare down or the fart/rev anymore. *Stupid snake on my car, it's so scary* I got one ricer fly by when I was turning though. Good for him.

I like the GM/Ford competition, I just hate people who need to bust on the other make. "Rustang, Slowbra" How childish is that???

If a ricer can keep up, more power to him! But they aren't what Ford was thinking about when they made the 03 Cobra....at least not little GTi's

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #15
BLOCKER
Registered Member

just a note on the whole police car thing, Chrysler and GM do make cop cars, Intrepid and Impala, bot front wheel drive and alot smaller inside once it is all loaded down with cage, gun rack, computer ect..... they kinda suck
Old 03-15-2003, 07:42 PM   #16
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOCKER
Here is a thought, why don't we build an I-6 stang, then go race it, I am sure with a little tuning, balancing and porting we could bulid a real "neat" and different mustang.. just a thought. then people couldn't say "you gotta a V8 ya better beat me"

just a thought
If you stuffed in a 4.9L straight six (which i know you can do) it would be worth it, but the 140/170/200/250 straight sixes aren't worth the time and money. You would have to be able to fabricate a new intake manifold (instead of "intake log" welded to cylinder head) and flow balance it to even have a chance to make 1 hp/cubic inch naturally aspirated, let alone more hp....although that is a novel idea.
With 200 cubic inches and 88 net horsepower, those early 80's straight sixes aren't exactly power houses. I think the 250 six had a little over 100 horsepower, though....which is almost enough to squeek the tires under a redline clutch drop

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #17
Capri306

This is just an "add fuel to the fire" post:

Apparently no one remembers the Jaguar I-6 engine. It was a DOHC 200cu.in. (based upon the old Ford 200), fuel injected engine, and discontinued a short while back. Just think if you mebbe added a good turbo and some good tuning to that thing! Torquey, baby.

Oh, I don't think a 300 would be too cool. Looking at my old truck, I think the air cleaner would poke about 10 inches above the hood.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:03 PM   #18
digital3.3

i was thinking of the 300 i-6 swap, but with the fuel injected version. i think that one would be fun
Old 03-16-2003, 05:43 AM   #19
BLOCKER
Registered Member

As much as I love jags, (grew up with them) The Jag I6 belongs in only one car... a jag... although a Jag V12 might be neet in a 95+ stang hehe.

If I remember my jags correctly they had a 3.8 I6 and a 4.2 I6 I don't remember any thing about a 3.3 I6, correct me if I am wrong.

Just think if you used the 300 ci I6 you could bore it out just a little more and leave the 5.0 badges on the car... talk about "sleeper"

From what I have been told about the 300 they can be made into real "stump" pullers, I had often thought about it and thought it would be neet..

talk ta ya
Old 03-16-2003, 02:19 PM   #20
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Are we talking about the Ford Big six?

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOCKER
As much as I love jags, (grew up with them) The Jag I6 belongs in only one car... a jag... although a Jag V12 might be neet in a 95+ stang hehe.

If I remember my jags correctly they had a 3.8 I6 and a 4.2 I6 I don't remember any thing about a 3.3 I6, correct me if I am wrong.

Just think if you used the 300 ci I6 you could bore it out just a little more and leave the 5.0 badges on the car... talk about "sleeper"

From what I have been told about the 300 they can be made into real "stump" pullers, I had often thought about it and thought it would be neet..

talk ta ya
Didnt they make a 4.9L Big straight six On there last run?

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote