MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2003, 02:19 PM   #21
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Are we talking about the Ford Big six?

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOCKER
As much as I love jags, (grew up with them) The Jag I6 belongs in only one car... a jag... although a Jag V12 might be neet in a 95+ stang hehe.

If I remember my jags correctly they had a 3.8 I6 and a 4.2 I6 I don't remember any thing about a 3.3 I6, correct me if I am wrong.

Just think if you used the 300 ci I6 you could bore it out just a little more and leave the 5.0 badges on the car... talk about "sleeper"

From what I have been told about the 300 they can be made into real "stump" pullers, I had often thought about it and thought it would be neet..

talk ta ya
Didnt they make a 4.9L Big straight six On there last run?

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:35 PM   #22
lx5091
Registered Member

about the Neon SRT and the Ricers out there:

I'll never get off on granny driving under 4000 RPM's then snap your neck when the turbo kicks in. Or unintentional lane changes because of the torque steer. No thank you! I'll keep my rear wheel drive feel like I'm being pushed by a rocket, instead of pulled by a mule V8 engine baby! And I'd rather be a real driver and steer with my foot instead of fighting a steering wheel!

I don't know....I think the only reason that ricer's are all about there little civics and crap, is because it's all they've driven....and If they ever got behind the wheel of a rear wheel drive V8 they and put on the gas, especially around a left turn....they probably sh*t their pants and kissed the ground after they got it stopped, then crawled right back to their little econo-sh*tboxes and SAFELY drove home. Basically they drive their 4 bangers for the same reason my wife does, because she's scared of having to actually DRIVE a V8 rear wheel drive car. Then they say crap like, "oh all you o is spin tires", or OH this is a good one, "You bought a Mustang because you don't know how to MAKE horsepower" HAHAHAHA, a Vdubber said that to me! HAHAHA---more like they think 300HP is alot and they bought a 90HP car to start so it's a major accomplishment when they get 300! Well, I bought a 225HP car to start and it'd be my accomplishment to get 600HP if I wanted to!

I agree with the Duece..... there is a Chevy-Ford rivalry for a reason, and it should stay a friendly one. I too hate the Rustang comments----especially when they say it about a foxbody......I haven't ever seen a rusted Fox?!

OK...I'll stop now!

'97 Saturn SL1--Soon to be ditched for a Ford!
lx5091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:09 PM   #23
this is not cbring
Registered Member

in response to LX5091's comments:

different people have different objectives when it comes to selecting a car. just because you are interested in performance, doesn't mean that your primary concern is straight-line performance per dollar. some people want to be different. they might loathe the idea of going to the track and being one of 10 black mustangs there.

another factor is insurance. i am 24 with a clean driving record, my insurance on my gti is 3 times lower than it would be for a mustang or camaro. some people like mustangs, but don't like them enough to pay 200 or 300 extra a month in insurance.

as far as FWD, there are a heck of a lot of people serious about performance and racing that are in front-wheel drive. FWD, RWD, and AWD all have their attributes when it comes to going fast. if you don't recognize that, you are fooling yourself.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:18 PM   #24
Rev
Registered Member

Default Lots of Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
they might loathe the idea of going to the track and being one of 10 black mustangs there.
That may be true for the general public, but this is a Mustang board. I personally, am elated to see lots of Mustangs at the track.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 11:43 PM   #25
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Re: Lots of Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev
That may be true for the general public, but this is a Mustang board. I personally, am elated to see lots of Mustangs at the track.

Rev
Not only is this a Mustang Board But I think the True start of this issue was in the fact that GM no Longer makes a rear wheel drive V-6 or V-8 Dodge hasnt made one In I dont know How Long Ford is the last one Left. If an americian Company doesnt step up to the plate and Make an affordable Rear wheel drive V-8 car or V-6 The affordable Muscle car is Very close to its death bed. I cant afford a Corvette Besides I hate GM products and the Viper Is Ugly some Choice Huh?

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Old 03-17-2003, 07:42 AM   #26
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Quote:
different people have different objectives when it comes to selecting a car. just because you are interested in performance, doesn't mean that your primary concern is straight-line performance per dollar. some people want to be different. they might loathe the idea of going to the track and being one of 10 black mustangs there.
Different?!?! I wish I saw 10 black mustangs around here. I see 5 fart cans for every V8 with exhaust! But that's just here, I'm sure it is a different story in other areas.

No lie, insurance does suck! I think that's why I see more econo cars with exhaust around here. I'm one of 5 Cobras I have seen in my area. I feel unique.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:20 AM   #27
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Rice Hunter
Different?!?! I wish I saw 10 black mustangs around here. I see 5 fart cans for every V8 with exhaust! But that's just here, I'm sure it is a different story in other areas.

No lie, insurance does suck! I think that's why I see more econo cars with exhaust around here. I'm one of 5 Cobras I have seen in my area. I feel unique.
Scott Congrats on Graduating from Penn State that was a Long hard road? I am so happy you made it throw

Old 03-17-2003, 11:38 AM   #28
lx5091
Registered Member

Quote:
in response to LX5091's comments:

another factor is insurance. i am 24 with a clean driving record, my insurance on my gti is 3 times lower than it would be for a mustang or camaro. some people like mustangs, but don't like them enough to pay 200 or 300 extra a month in insurance.

as far as FWD, there are a heck of a lot of people serious about performance and racing that are in front-wheel drive. FWD, RWD, and AWD all have their attributes when it comes to going fast. if you don't recognize that, you are fooling yourself.

I'm not crazy about straight line performance......when I start spending money on my car it will be spent on handling! Anyway....I don't know where you live, but in MA insurance premiums are not effected by the type of car unless it happens to be on the "high theft vehicle list" then you pay extra, other-wise I pay the same for my mustang as I do for my Isuzu 4x4 pickup as I do for my wife's Saturn as I used to for my Wrangler convertible! I do get a discount for the extra airbag in the Saturn that's it. Sur in RACING they do each have their own special characteristics, as well as on the street...and I was commenting on why many people stay away from rear-wheel drive....I didn't say FWD was useless.

'97 Saturn SL1--Soon to be ditched for a Ford!
lx5091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #29
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Default Re: Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Mischief
Scott Congrats on Graduating from Penn State that was a Long hard road? I am so happy you made it throw
Thank you very much! Yeah, it was pretty tough, but it still was a blast. Thanks again!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Old 03-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #30
digital3.3

Quote:
damn man, my friends with a gti and the other a civic pays more a month than i do it all depends where you live really. hell i (22 with clean driving too) pay $88 a month for insurance with 3 million liability, collision and comprehensive. my friends pay about $130 a month respectivly. thats a big difference.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:18 PM   #31
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

What is good about FWD for racing? The weight transfer in a front drive is fundamentally wrong for both drag racing and handling; stepping on the accelerator transfers the weight of the car away from the drive wheels. Just because people race them doesn't mean they are good for it. I could walk backwards to get to the bathroom if I wanted to, but I won't...
Sure there are a lot of FWD cars that handle decently, but this isn't because they are FWD.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:37 AM   #32
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
I could walk backwards to get to the bathroom if I wanted to, but I won't...
Well, why not? You could spend a whole lot of money for a personal trainer to get your backwards walking really fast. You could get a pair of really crazy cross trainers too! When walking to the bathroom, you still won't beat me in my forward walking work shoes, but hey, at least you'd be different and look sooo cool!!!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Old 03-18-2003, 12:59 PM   #33
nitrostang66
Registered Member

My way of dealing with rice for years was to gun it but now after many years I just stick my hand out the window give them the thumbs down and make the loudest fartting noise I can. Hey it always makes them go away. Funny too I have an 88 Civic, cheap, dependable. When I drive it, Stock mind you, there is always one retard that revs his engine at me. When this happens I just look at the guy and laugh. The best was when my exhaust rusted off, every 'tard on the road revved on me. I agree with the rear drive arguement too, my 66 takes a corner too fast and it turns into a carosel ride, but man it can launch.................
nitrostang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:06 AM   #34
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: "Chevy vs. Ford" should end, "V8's vs. Rice"

Quote:
Originally posted by yelowjaket
until this "Ricer" fad has gone out of style, WAYYYY out of style.
I hate to break it to you, but the ricer revolution is here to stay. Dont hold your breath for this "fad" to go away anytime soon.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:34 AM   #35
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by Capri306
Oh, I don't think a 300 would be too cool. Looking at my old truck, I think the air cleaner would poke about 10 inches above the hood.
I used to have an '83 Mercury Zephyr and i wanted to swap an engine to it. The 200 six has a unique crossmember that's great for swapping in rear sump 460's and 300 straight sixes. A couple of people on a now-dead message board had 4.9L's in their fairmonts and the way they achieved this was i believe (if i can remember off the top of my head) by using 2 left side motor mounts out of a late 60's econoline van....forget what engine. A 300 six would fit with the stock air cleaner but anything more required hood clearance.
A Fuel injected 300 straight six would be pretty awesome as well, but i think they were only speed density systems, with tiny injectors and small intake ports. thay would only be able to be modified by extrude honing or by porting, whereas old carbed sixes had aftermarket offenhauser intake manifolds for 4 barrel carbs.
But....how much work do you feel like doing

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote