MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
blown5oh
Registered Member

Default Brian's Automotive in NJ F'd my car up!!!!

Sorry this is my first thread.......but I really need to vent. I did a search first to see if there was anyone else w/a problem w/ this shop, but I couldn't find anything.

Just an FYI to anyone ever thinking of bringing their car to Brian's Automotive @ 2200 Rte 34 in Wall, NJ.......DON'T. First off, he's posing as Wicked Motorsports, which is untrue (he stole the name from his brother Kevin who is the real Wicked Motorsports). This Brain guy knows nothing about stangs, I've found out. While my car was on his property waiting for work to get done to it, it was broken into and my 3 core aluminum FMS radiator and Black Magic fan was stolen out of my car......car was left in the lot sitting over a puddle of antifreeze. Brian denied taking it out himself (even though he's got the stuff inside his shop next to another stang).......and to top that off, he's refusing to pay me back and denying any responsibility. WTF???

Isn't anything sacred? I hope noone ever gives this low life any business ever again.

Blown and love it.
blown5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Angry Re: Brian's Automotive in NJ F'd my car up!!!!

If he's licensed by the state, township or whatever, he should be insured. If you didn't sign a release and he doesn't have a sign clearly posted saying that the shop is not responsible for any damage or theft to any vehicle there then you may have a claim with his insurance company. Ask him who his insurer is - call them and file a claim. I would also make a complaint to whatever bureaucracy licenses auto repair shops in N.J. They may also have his insurance company name on file if 'Brian' won't cooperate, which he probably will not. The Better Business Bureau is another call/stop you should make to file a complaint. They can't do anything to get your radiator & fan replaced but at least Brian's shoddy shop will be on record as rresponsible and a bad place to take your car, for what that's worth.

If you have comprehensive insurance coverage on your car, that should pay most of the loss for you but probably not all if you have a deductable - and most people do. If he is not insured or you waived any rights to hold him liable when you signed a work order and if you do not have comp coverage, you're out of luck and have our sympathy. This stinks.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
blown5oh
Registered Member

Default Re: Brian's Automotive in NJ F'd my car up!!!!

Thanks Mr 5.0. I know he won't give up his insurance info.......and I most likely won't see my stuff or $$$ back, I just hope he doesn't have the chance to do this to anyone else that may think about bringing their car to him.

I'd hate to make the claim to my insurance......and risk having my rates go up for this knucklehead. Maybe a BBB complaint and my FYI thread will be enough to hurt him where it counts.

Blown and love it.
blown5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:32 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Brian's Automotive in NJ F'd my car up!!!!

Most people take the BBB complaints seriously, because anyone calling the BBB to check out a business will get a bad response. Not only that, BBB publishes a newsletter each month to its members (at least in my area) and lists businesses that have had complaints filed with no response or no attempt to make good. I read that every month, guess which businesses I won't go to?

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Post Re: Brian's Automotive in NJ F'd my car up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown5oh

Thanks Mr 5.0. I know he won't give up his insurance info.......and I most likely won't see my stuff or $$$ back, I just hope he doesn't have the chance to do this to anyone else that may think about bringing their car to him.
All is not lost. Read on.

Quote:
I'd hate to make the claim to my insurance......and risk having my rates go up for this knucklehead. Maybe a BBB complaint and my FYI thread will be enough to hurt him where it counts.
I'm a former auto insurance representative and my wife works in auto and home insurance claims. I'm going to give you some advice that I hope you'll take seriously.

Comprehensive claims do not raise your insurance rates. You are making a claim based on theft and/or vandalism, not an accident. You were not driving the car when the loss occured and it was not an accident-connected loss so the insurance company will not hold you responsible and so, cannot raise your premium.

In addition, if your company pays your claim, and they should, they will then subrogate (a legal term) with the shop's insurance company to recover their loss. You see, if a shop has the keys to your car, they have control of it - and that puts them in a legally liable position.

Of course, your insurance company's payment for your loss will be less whatever deductable you have. Still, it's far better than nothing, which is exactly what you will get if you simply stew and post complaints on the internet - which, while it's a good idea as a warning to others - still doesn't pay for your loss, which never should have happened.

I wish you well.