MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-06-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default It's late and Hell is hot

The Cobra is in pieces. Need I say more? It's never a good day when your car is in multiple pieces. It's not as bad as it sounds. I do not have to rebuild the bottom end. Not sure if that's a good thing, but we do have some major head work to get done this week. Then, as if on cue, the GT has to be running this weekend. I love being busy and all, but give me a break.

I'm tired. I'm greasy. I feel like hell. ETC ETC.

Did I mention that my car was in more that one assembled piece?

The valves on the Cobra are pitted, one lifter is shot, and there's something else I know I'm missing. Oh, the heads are warped by about .005", and are being milled tomorrow. All the lower intake bolts, with the exception of the four corners, were less than finger tight. We broke the power steering pump puller, so that's going to be fun to get back on. Life sucks. And the wife wonders why I'm in a bad mood.

Well, enough whinning from me. Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Thumbs up

As the saying goes, "When you hit bottom, the only place to go is up". Probably not much help for your situation, but at least you have a clue as to what is wrong with your car and are able to get it repaired. Hang in there. You'll be back in the Cobra burning up the streets in a matter of time.

Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:13 AM   #3
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Talking

P.S Wouldn't do to piss the wife off to much. We have ways to make you pay! LOL
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:55 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well good luck bwc, i was supposed to get myo/r x- pipe today, i had to go to work-2nd shift sux, then i had to take odie to chatt - town, she has to do the hospital thing today-wnsday, a little note on my door, from ups, will try again tomorrow- wen, after 5 - great, i will be at work, & just hope odie is home by then, geez, i might as well just went downtown & gave some wino 170.00 buck's, life is good lol.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 03:40 PM   #5
PKRWUD

Wow. I don't mean to sound like an as$hole, but thank you. I thought my day sucked until I read this. I really feel much better now, albeit at your expense.

Things will work out, and with any luck, something or someone will come along that will make you think things aren't so bad afterall. Trust me, it really does happen.

Hang in there, Bro.

Take care,
ÅChris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:41 PM   #6
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default Hey, my car's been in pieces for....

My car's been in pieces for about a year. I still havn't gotten it running either. At least you know what's wrong with your car and have the ability to fix it. My car's been a nightmare for me. Good luck, Keith

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:00 PM   #7
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:
originally posted by bigwhitecobra
The Cobra is in pieces. Need I say more? It's never a good day when your car is in multiple pieces. It's not as bad as it sounds. I do not have to rebuild the bottom end. Not sure if that's a good thing, but we do have some major head work to get done this week. Then, as if on cue, the GT has to be running this weekend. I love being busy and all, but give me a break.

I'm tired. I'm greasy. I feel like hell. ETC ETC.

Did I mention that my car was in more that one assembled piece?

The valves on the Cobra are pitted, one lifter is shot, and there's something else I know I'm missing. Oh, the heads are warped by about .005", and are being milled tomorrow. All the lower intake bolts, with the exception of the four corners, were less than finger tight. We broke the power steering pump puller, so that's going to be fun to get back on. Life sucks. And the wife wonders why I'm in a bad mood.

Well, enough whinning from me. Later.

Gotta love working on your car, don't you? Sometimes they can be a total pain in the azz.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 09:43 PM   #8
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Oh man. Sorry things are kinda screwed for you right now. To an extent I know how you feel-- exhausted, frustrated. Mustangs are fun to drive and work on, but there are also times that it can all get pretty annoying sometimes. Stick with it bigwhitecobra and take your time and do it right. Hope things come together well. Later... Go to sleep. Get some rest....

....you too PKRWUD...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 10:07 PM   #9
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy SooooooSooooorrry!

HEY BWC:
Geeeeez, that is as bad as a sick child....I"m really sorry to hear bout all that!!!!!!!! ya, this is the year of misfortune..but ya know...the only thing I can think and the way to look at it is....THIS YEAR IS ALMOST OVER!!!!!!! ITS GOTTA GET BETTER....like Kelly said, it can ONLY go UP from here!!!!!!!!
Best of luck to you in bringing the Cobra back to life....give WhiteCobraMama and WhiteCobraBaby my best.....got any recent pics of the family???????? I have yet to see a family shot!
BTW: you are not whining.....I think I have that market cornered! If you cant dump on all your fellow Stangers here on the boards, WHO can you dump on??? You can always count on support here!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to ya and post some recent pics of ya'll and the baby soon! Take Care!!!!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:57 AM   #10
89mustanglx
Registered Member

I have a hole in my "home made" set of headers, a blown head gasket slowly leaking water outside the motor, and a general aversion to working on anything in sub- 40 degree temperatures. I am in a bad mood too.
Edelbrock Performer rpm heads
Weiand 6-71 blower
Super powershot nitrous plate kit
(lots of other odds n ends)

442 rwhp (no NAWWZZZ)
512 rwtq (no NAWWWWWZZZZZ))
89mustanglx is offline   Reply With Quote