MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-24-2002, 11:59 PM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Josh does some thinking. Maybe the rich guy aren't so bad

Maybe the rich guys aren't so bad. You know the ones that show up in a 94 Z-28 that he just got back from the engine builder, that's now a 383 with a blower and N20. Well I used to really hate those guys. But I've come to realize I'm, or rather was, just jellous. I guess because he had the money to do that and I didn't. But I've begin to realize that my tools are Craftmans, his is a Visa. We're both still car entusiests(sp?) and we both apeciate speed(he just get to apeciate it a more).

BUT, I still hate with a passion the kids that get a brand new SS from mommy and daddy, smash it up a month later, then get a WS-6, then smash it up,.....and the cycle continues. I also hate the people who NEVER take care of nice cars. I also deeply hate the people who feel it nessicary to make fun of me because I can not afford a brand new SS, GT, or WS-6(or a new anything for that matter). I already know this, I don't see the need to reinform me of it.(one guy got a black eye for "reinforming" me repeatly)

Later
Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:04 AM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Just wait until you get your V8, then you'll show em all what's up.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:44 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey josh which v-8 you want me to ck on ,hurry i gotta go i'm at work & dont wanna get busted,hehe

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:49 AM   #4
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up

Hey marty find me some motors.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:10 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

1bad89,they are all ford engine's but i may can find chevy stuff ,wadda you need?

R H C- member # 1
Old 03-25-2002, 01:13 AM   #6
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I like Ford engines too! I'm thinking something like a 460 to put in a cobra replica. By the way, what the heck are you doing up so late!?!?
Old 03-25-2002, 01:16 AM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

the guy's cuz has a 429 4v out of an early t-bird ,i will ask in the morning ,i gotta go i'm at work ,dont wanna get busted,i'll answer in the morning ,l8ter

R H C- member # 1
Old 03-25-2002, 11:14 AM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Rich vs Poor

'Rich Guys' are just like 'Poor Guys' in dedication to their cars and performance, as you noted - they just have a lot more money.

I had a friend who actually sold a rental condo he owned and poured $25,000. into his Camaro to make it competetive for road racing at Lime Rock. That's dedication.

Most wealthy posers don't race. The classic 'middle-aged dentist in a new Corvette' isn't going to challenge you at a light in his $45,000. manhood-extender. It's the 'rich guys' who simply love cars and speed that I admire for having the cash, the interest and the know-how to pour big money into building up a factory-stock car into a screamer. Spoiled-brat schoolboys with parents that have more money than brains are not part of that group, of course.

Jealous? You bet, but that jealousy is mixed with admiration, in most cases.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:34 PM   #9
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

tireburner163,

You're right, of course. In my post about the 383, my main miff was with the builder, not the owner.

Like you, it chaps me a bit when the little rich kid gets the car from his mommy or daddy only to trash it out and not take care of it. Don't get me wrong. My parents helped me out on my vehicles. Mostly because I didn't have sufficient dough at the time. However, I paid them back. I worked, and I took money from every paycheck and gave it to them. I can say that my Mustang is mine. My parents loaned me some extra cash to get it, but it's all been paid back. If there is no work involved in your vehicle, it's much easier to take it for granted. I've put blood sweat and tears into my Mustang, and therefore I take care of it.

Heck, I don't mind people who have money owning nice cars. I wish I was rich. I would have one damned fast Mustang. And if you've got the money, I think it's fine to have a professional do the job right. I just don't take it well when they try to lord it over me and look down there nose at what I've worked hard to accomplish. To each his own. If you want to put stickers all over your car or add a huge wing, go for it. But if you tell me it's fast, it had better be. If you want to send your car to someone to do all of the work, go for it. But if you tell me that it's going to wipe me in the dust simply because you've put $20,000 into it, I hope you know what you're talking about. Money doesn't make speed. Know how makes speed. And if you've got a boosted juiced 383, I don't care how much money you've got into it, it won't got anywhere without tires.

If I race, and I lose, props go to the guy who beat me. I could make all sorts of excuses, but I don't. It comes down to he won, I lost. So it kinda chaps me when a guy loses a race and starts making excuses. Sure the engine may be freight train strong, but it's nothing without the rest of the car to go with it.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:40 PM   #10
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I agree with ya man... Sometimes (well all the time) I wish I had more money to do just what I wanted, but I love my car the same. I probably love it more than the rich guy who paid someone else to do the work for them!