MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
pearlgt
Registered Member

Angry I hope I can post this hear (Im tired of)

Every once and a while a group of us fellow stangers will get together and hang-out, Generaly this is done outside where we can look at each others cars and chat about what to do next. But it seems everytime we do this a group of those jap cars come by reving up there engines!!! (Im a member of Ricehatersclub too!!) But anyway, I admit some of the cars look ok, but they sound like tee total crap!!! When will the madness end!!!!!!
pearlgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

It will never end, different strokes for different fokes.

My brothers 86 300zx turbo is a Jap car but it will destroy any factory stang ever made including the 03 cobra.

He put about 4 grand under the hood it still sounds ricey until the boost hits then it sounds like a jet.

Some Jap cars are cool as hell. TT supras, WRX, DSM's etc...

But most are tacky rice rockets.

I much prefer the deep lopey tone of a modded V8.

I used to talk **** to my brother but I cant anymore. Time for the juice to fight the boost.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:25 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

as long as there is stupid people in this world that will always happen. There is a guy that lives by me that has a real crappy car and had the nerve to say something about my wifes mustang when she road her bike by one day. I know he was jealous though cuz everyone around here likes the car.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #4
pearlgt
Registered Member

Angry

Please dont get me wrong the jap cars can be fast, but that sound is awful, My father has a 350z and a couple of other nissans, and I work at an Infiniti dealer but I hate the rice rockets!!!!!!!
pearlgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #5
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

Of course it won't end.Why should we be tyhe only ones on the road?Sure the sound is annoying,but they like it i guess.I had a 240sx and an HKS HiPer catback with off road headers,and it sounded awesome.It was a deep sound that was not too loud but you could hear it.It sounded nothing like any of the other 4 bangers i've heard.I guess it because most the people just put on some cheap muffler they bought from apc.But i guess it's also about tastes.I personally like some imports,skylines,supras,300zx's,nsx's,and probably more.Not really because of their power,but just because they handle better.I know some of you don't wanna beleve it,but driving a 2000 mustang gt after driving a light 240sx is like going to a boeing from a mig.I hate it when people say that musclecars can't handle at all,because if you ever look at american roads,then you'll notice there aren't many curves in em.You only need to turn on intersections. But i don't have a problem with the actuall cars themselves.It's the drivers i don't like.Everyone can put 10 grand into an engine and beat a stock mustang,so why brag about it?And what's up with rustang?I mean we're not in pre school anymore.I try not to talk to em because i loose it pretty fast when it comes to stupidity.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:02 PM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaegermeister2k
I guess it because most the people just put on some cheap muffler they bought from apc.
Rice is funny.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:04 AM   #7
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

I think it goes back to the fundimental desire to be loud (back to the apes howlling at each other) , but some of us are missin the "car taste" gene. Real car enthusiasts like being loud, since its an indicator of the abilitys of our cars.

Ricers dont care about actually being able to back up their howls.
BTW, those with the car taste gene come in all flavors, driving domestic and import, the difference is that they are all interested in the performance rather than purely the sound/image.
Even back in the 60s and 70s there were obnoxious cars [and owners], maybe 20 years from now fart pipes and loud graphics will be relegated to the land of "romance vans" and "chi-chi" balls.

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote