MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2002, 11:19 PM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default The Body's Retiring

Jesse Ventura announced he will not seek re-election as the governor of Minnesota. I had a conversation with a co-worker who feels he knows what he's talking about because he reads the newspaper

The lack of wisdom is so painstakingly clear sometimes, even when people feel they are truely informed on a subject. The co-worker expressed regret that Gov. Ventura didn't seek a re-election so he could watch Ventura get killed. I asked why he felt Ventura was such a bad governor. All I got was a bunch of media hype.

I don't always agree with his one liner, foot in mouth comments, but often his thoughts are relatively accurate.

Ventura has proposed a huge tax increase, which the legislation has used to bombard him during this election year. Of course, they didn't mention the fact we now NEED higher taxes to cover the budget deficit created by uncontrolled spending by a liberal group of whining crybabies in our legislature. Back when MN had a budget surplus, Ventura dragged them kicking and screaming until the population received a rebate check. The legislature was hell bent on spending every last dime of it, after all, it was their's. Fare and square.

When the next budgetary period came around, they sent bill after bill of fatty, ridiculous spending the governors way. He veto'd several bills because they spent money that wasn't truely helpful. Of course, the legislature had already decided to screw the taxpayers and fight a war against Mr. Ventura. This is about the time the people's interest went to the side track, and the legislature became obsessed with fighting Ventura. The resulting record-setting number of overtuned veto's showed how blatently left wing the political spendmeister's here in MN are. Nothing was going to stop them from uncontrollable, and irresponsible spending of taxpayer money. They were gonna show the Governor who's boss.

The failing, and quite ridiculous school system then asked for the largest increase in educational spending, ever. After Ventura had pushed for a huge spending increase that was approved during his term already. Ventura responded by wondering where the results of all the extra money were. He proclaimed public education a never ending black hole for money. It is. He was dead on. The fat in the education system is astounding. It has to be. The only thing less efficient is our government. The teachers union and school districts responded with idle threats about cutting programs, cutting staff, increasing class size, and other crap. You know, the same garbage they spew every time somebody thinks about denying their hole in pocket money expendature philosophy. The resulting lambasting the governor saw from the schools, legislature, and liberalist media forced the Governor to yield. The taxpayers had been misled, lied to, and ultimately now demanded more money for schools. As a representative of the people, Ventura responded. Of course, he made the wrong call according to the media, and taxpayers later. Tarnished both by the people who wanted more money, and the fact he had waivered in representing the taxpayers who didn't want to blow money on a worthless cause.

Fast forward a little further. Gov. Ventura submits his budget to the legislature early January this year. With only two weeks left, state representatives wildly scurry about trying to get a budget approved, knowing Ventura's reasonable budget, which included huge tax increases necessary to support irresponsible spending by the legislature mentioned above, would fall aside if he had the chance to approve a budget under his own power. It was last month. If congress didn't submit a budget on time, they would lose the right to veto Ventura's budget. They knew he would slice and dice their garbage programs, and allow for less taxpayer money to be wasted. Oh no, couldn't have that! So, once again, a budget was crammed down his throat, only for him to take the blame for it. LOL.

Damn, people are stupid. People ask what has Ventura done for MN? They talk about his free ride as Governor. LOL.

Any other Governor, and we would have two 300million dollar stadiums being erected, against public interest.

Any other Governor, and we wouldn't have received those multi-hundred dollar tax rebates for years.

We went from 3rd to 15th on the overall highest taxed states list.

Minnesota received a great increase in attention. Not only domestically, but worldwide. He may have been doing it for himself, who knows? Who really cares? We benefit.

Any other Governor would have approved the pathetic whining University of Minnesota's requests for hundreds of millions of dollars in additional funding. Maybe the crybaby, overpriced, underachieving U of M could learn to quit paying millions out to illegally operating coaches? The sick part is, dollar for dollar, the U of M costs more than most Ivy League schools. With the standard 40% of costs the state already pays public university's and colleges, along with preferential treatment, and additional budgetary contributions, the U of M is extremely expensive to attend. For what? An average school with a great number of professors who can hardly speak English.

As long as the liberal media, and legislature can put a spin on the truth, gulliable Minnesotan's will keep soaking it up.

Do I think Ventura should have run again? Nope. He can't accomplish anything at this point. It's nothing but a battle between the legislature, media, and the Governor. No matter what the cost to the people of Minnesota, the media and representatives would do anything to put a negative spin on everything the Gov would do.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 11:29 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

unit, send him to tn, so he can beat up al bore & make him go to ny, with his daddy slick willie hehe

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 11:31 PM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
unit, send him to tn, so he can beat up al bore & make him go to ny, with his daddy slick willie hehe
dont send his asz here! WE DONT WANT HIM! WE HAVE HILLORY CLINTON! ISNT THAT ENOUGH!!!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 11:42 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hehehe, you also got slick willie in harlem, isnt arkanas, lucky?

R H C- member # 1
Old 06-24-2002, 11:48 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

There are some side effects to having him around.

Organized Religion is a scham. A crutch for weak-minded people. (I agree fully with this statement, nothing against those with faith, but faith is completely seperate from religion)

The only real form of hunting is hunting man because man can shoot back.

The people of the Columbine High area should have had more guns. That way somebody could have taken the little psycho's out in the halls.

That and his ideas on urban sprawl stink, along with a couple other little odds n ends. Maybe I should run for Governor? At least then I can agree with whatever the Gov. decides. Hahah.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:53 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

do it kell, i will come to mn register to vote, at least you will have one vote.

R H C- member # 1
Old 06-25-2002, 12:07 AM   #7
PKRWUD

We just want our name back. I remember seeing him in an interview one time, and he was asked where he came up with the name Ventura. He said he was just looking at a map of So Cal one day, and saw Ventura, and loved it. That's fine and dandy, and it's done him well. Now we just want it back.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:25 AM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

With the name Govenor "The Body", you gotta think that he would be from California. But no such luck. I heard that his kid had crazy parties at the mansion, did you ever get to go Kell? I was thinking we could crash the going away party, cuz you know there is going to be a big one.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:30 PM   #9
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Goodbye to Gov. 'The Body' Ventura

Unit:

Jesse Ventura (real name Jim Janos) is an interesting guy, no doubt, but he found out that politics is a tougher game than wrestling.

I won't comment on everything you posted but it was certainly informative regarding MN politics, which are about as left-wing and destructive as CT politics, regardless of who is Governor.

Ventura (he's not giving the name 'back' as Ventura, CA still has theirs) called himself a fiscal conservative and a moderate-to-liberal on social issues. I've heard that before.

What that usually means is they like lower taxes and accountability but issues such as drug use, prostitution and such are not the government's 'business'. That, of course, is straight Libertarian Philosophy 101 and I'm opposed to it, but then, Jesse isn't my Governor.

His views on guns (be responsible) is O.K. and his religious views are really irrelevent, as I see it, although he was a fool for making the statement he did (religion is a crutch for the weak-minded) from a PR sense. If you wish to be a hedonist - as Jesse obviously does, based on excepts from his biography that I've read - fine. If religion gets in the way of what you like to do, ignore it. Do what you want, who cares and who's stopping you or anyone else, Jesse?

It's the atheists, agnostics and whishy-washy types that are always crying about the 'religious right' that annoy me. Christians have an obligation to speak out about what they see as wrong, including government money going for for wasteful, stupid projects, the corruption of our public schools and universities, special rights for homosexuals and other bad policies.

We're about as far from a theocracy as a country will ever get, yet the Venturas carp about the 'fundamentalists telling people what they can do'. That's BS. We elect moderate-to-liberal leaders in this country, not religious demagogues or fundamentalist whackos. That should be obvious, even to Jesse Ventura and so his complaint is somewhat specious.

Instant divorce, abortion-on-demand, gay 'rights' in our face, a 35% white illegmitacy rate (70% for blacks) and other social ills that drag us down clearly are not the result of all that 'fundamentalist' influence, are they? Obviously not.

Liberalism reigns in American politics, for the most part, and cries about the 'religious right' spoiling all the fun are just absurd. Ventura is dead wrong on that one as are others who parrot that line as the facts don't match the charge. Ventura - and folks like him - prefer they never be told anything they choose to do is morally wrong. That's natural but to claim religious people somehow cramp his style is, again, foolish.

Anyway, Ventura promised one term back in '99 (he's probably losing too much money as Governor) so he's just showing some integrity here, a virtue unheard of in most politicians and so, probably unrecognizable to most citizens of Minnesoooota.

He certainly was interesting and will be somewhat missed on the national political scene.

I wish him well.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:32 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Tyrell has some issues. The kid is a weirdo. Some people I know went to school with him. As far as the wild parties, lol, I take that with a grain of salt. The people making the comments are the former (let go) mansion staff. I'm sure they have a little "beef" with the Governor, and are trying to make it look a lot worse than it truely was.

Ventura's been involved with politics before, as the Mayor of one of the larger cities in MN, Brooklyn Park. He did a kick *** job there as far as I'm concerned. He retired from that job because he was sick and tired of the politics. I don't know if he was sincere when he ran for Governor in the first place. I think he's very sincere about being sick of politics at this point.

I think that he is somewhat easily swayed on topics that he isn't informed on, and once he makes up his mind, it's pretty hard to change it. LOL.

Definately some things I disagree with as well, as pointed out in my original post. At least he wasn't a spend-o-matic Gov.