MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-22-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
rbatson

Talking Vacation Time!!!

Well it that time again. I just got my vacation pay yesterday. Five weeks pay at once is really cool. I was planning on going to Daytona for the 4th, I hear they have one helluva celebration down there and I'd like to see it. I planned on coming home then to Gatlinburg(parents have house there) then back to Ocala to party with my familia because they are on vacation then but.. I've started rethinking it. I have a month off!! A WHOLE F'N MONTH!! I've considered going to Key West and I have a couple girls that I know that would love to go.. I was talking with by brother today and he said I should go ahead and hit I40 and see where that road leads. Hawaii crossed my mind. I really don't know, I want to make the most of my month off. I have alittle money to blow on a good time($2k-3k) and I'm looking for suggestion. Las Vegas was also suggested, that sounds good too. I know I could pay off a few things like credit card and such but... I really need to unwind! It been a whole year since I had a vacation and I'm on the edge!! Almost got short with some customers the other day, I really need this break.

Next year I'm gonna have to break up my vacations alittle more. Maybe a week every 3 monthes, man its nice to have that option. Febuary will be 15yrs for me
Old 06-22-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
PKRWUD

A paid vacation! Wow! I wish my boss would give me one of those!!!

If you find yourself near So Cal, Rick, you had best call me! You have my number.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 02:38 PM   #3
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Thats great to hear you have a whole month. I have 2 1/2 weeks coming up shortly.

If you do come out to Las Vegas you better look me up. That way I can make sure you have a good time out here.

89 GT 5spd
shadowblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 08:08 PM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Always nice to go some place tropical to take the stress off.... although i've never been to vegas. I'm going to south padre island and vegas this summer. I really really want to go to ibiza but that's out of my price range for now.
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:26 PM   #5
rbatson

I will definitely look you guys up if I find myself in your neck of the woods(THANKS!). My brother suggested New Orleans or Amsterdamn too(he parties alot harder than I do).

I'm thinking about driving to Cali(San Diego area) and then jumping a plane to Hawaii.. Come to find out I have a cousin that lives in Maui(haven't seen her in about 20 yrs!). Her mother/my aunt lives here in NC now. She may be able to hook me up with some deals over there. Stay a few days and then come back and drive to Fla(Hmm.. family in NV too) to see my family down there. I was actually thinking about those waves I've always seen on TV over there... coming in sets(SWEET!). I was also thinking that they are about 4-5 times bigger than we get over here, I'd probably end up fish food(probably not a good idea, heeh).

I still have alot of figuring to do...
Old 06-24-2002, 09:44 PM   #6
mustanggt350
Registered Member

Man, I have not had a vacation in five years!! I would kill to be in your shoes...Well not really. If I were you I would go somewhere that you have never been before. I just got offered a trip to Ireland for a photo shoot, I have never been and of course I would be working but wow it would be fun.

Shelby

1991 Medium Red Mustang GT (Scarlet)
mustanggt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:55 PM   #7
rbatson

It wouldn't be hard to find somewhere I haven't been. I've been to the bahamas a few times, Fla and Gatlinburg alot and Niagra falls once. Had a chance to go with the family across country, when I was a teenager, I opted to stay and mind the family business instead (missed out on the Grand Canyon among other things). My mom says Ireland is absolutely great, she owned a travel agency for a while and did alot of cheap/free traveling. I say go for it!!
Old 06-24-2002, 10:07 PM   #8
mustanggt350
Registered Member

Oh, if everything works out I will. That is one place I would love to go. You better post pictures when you get back, I want to hear about a month long vacation and live vicariously through you. LOL

Shelby

1991 Medium Red Mustang GT (Scarlet)
mustanggt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:15 PM   #9
PKRWUD

Hey man, you best keep in touch with me as this falls together. You know I'm right about halfway between you and Hawaii!

Our next race in Ventura is July 13th. Keep it in mind!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-24-2002, 11:05 PM   #10
rbatson

Thanks Chris, how close is Ventura from San Diego? I have no clue about Cali except that its waaayyy over there (/pointing like, way away) and you guys have blue license plates.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:52 PM   #11
PKRWUD

LOL. The plates haven't been blue for 15+ years. They're mostly white now. Ventura is about 3 hours north of San Diego, depending on traffic. We are less than an hour north/northwest of Los Angeles. I'll send you map.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-25-2002, 12:07 AM   #12
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

rick, hawaii is expensive , i lived on oahu- honolulu, for 3 years, thats where the big waves are, on the north shore, second only to australia, maui, no real big waves, lotta bars though, heheh, whatever you decide, hey it's your dinero, spain on the med side is a great place, i wanna go back there so bad, l8ter

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 09:40 PM   #13
rbatson

Hey Marty, when you say expensive what do you mean? Expensive to live there or travel there? I have a cousin there on Maui. I just saw on the net where the north shore has 70 foot swell!!!! Now I know I'm just gonna be watching if I go!! 70 FOOT?!?! We usually have 3ft to head high here unless there is a hurricane coming in.. yes, I've surfed some of that chit.. we had to jump off the end of a pier to get out... the surf is kinda rough around here
Old 06-27-2002, 09:41 PM   #14
rbatson

Oh yeah and.... ONLY ONE MORE DAY!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!