MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2002, 12:17 PM   #1
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Default Can I still hang out here???

I'm getting ready to lose my Ford Taurus!!!
MAN!!!

It's gets sadder than that.... I don't have a job and I can't have one right now because it would mess up my school money big time. The Taurus was my fathers (he died) and now my mom is selling it because she is tired of wasteing money on it because it's causeing too many problems (vapor lock) and she is spending more money on it than it's worth. It's worth like $350-290.
Really really want to keep it so when I get my job then I can swap the engine and get it fixed up!!!

She keeps in insured and that's let $100 every six months plus any work to be done on it will be in the $100 area. The other thing that gets me too besides it being my dads car is that she's selling it to her boyfriend's sister so she can have it for her son.
I just feels wrong. I'm just really hurt in this situation (and there is more stuff that's wrong than just the car being sold). I hurt because I wanted to fix up myself, that was going to be my project car because she will not let me touch the current one because I don't have a job!!! So MANY PROBLEMS!!!

God forgive me for being so hurt and upset. I don't have my mustang yet and now she's selling the only Ford we have.
I wish I could buy it and keep it somewhere but I live with her so where could I put it? She won't let me keep in the yard (that just looks trashy sitting on the lawn. I told her to take the insurence off of it untill we fix it. But she was not listening....
I know I'm going to miss it, and then she'll be looking at me (when they (her boyfriend and his nephew) fix it up) she'll be like 'oh look we should have kept it' and saying how good it looks.
Because they plan on getting it a paint job. We were going to get it one before we got a newer car.
I still love the thing...(tears) I just hope I don't have to see it again.. because it was mine and my pride to work on. Now somone else is going to be doing my work......

(I guess I'm sore because she will not let me near the car with a wrench!! She does not believe in me!!!)

What should I do??????
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Of course you can hang out with us. If we let the F-bods chill here, we'd obviously allow your no-car driving *** to hang!! Don't leave.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:07 PM   #3
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Ha ha ha ha ha.... thanks StoplightWarrior- in your own way.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy You can stay

#1 Pony:

No one would blame you for being upset over losing 'your' car.

Too bad you don't know anyone who would let you keep it at their house until you can fix it.

Anyone who can help you work on it - for free - like a car-savvy friend or even a friend-of-a-friend?

I would also suggest offering to raise the money to fix up the Taurus yourself.

Mow lawns? Odd jobs? Help someone 'off the books'?

You'll need to get creative here if you're really dead-set on keeping the car and frankly, money talks. With no money to fix it and no prospects I can see why your mom views it as a lost cause and wants to unload it on her boyfriend's sister.

You might try to explain to your mom that the car has sentimental value to you and see if that helps at all.

I suspect there is tension between you two already due to the boyfriend situation (always difficult to deal with) so that doesn't help but the sentimental value of the car to you (as it was your dad's) may move her - but don't count on it.

With no money to fix it, no real expertise and no place to keep the car it does look pretty grim - unless you can turn it around somehow with fixing it up or finding a place to keep it or raising some cash, fast, or all three.

If not, just let it go. It's only a car and you'll have a Mustang in the next few years.

Meanwhile, you're still welcome here.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:58 PM   #5
explicitone
Registered Member

Your always welcome to hang car or no car

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:01 PM   #6
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Default Re: You can stay

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
#1 Pony:

No one would blame you for being upset over losing 'your' car.

Too bad you don't know anyone who would let you keep it at their house until you can fix it.

Anyone who can help you work on it - for free - like a car-savvy friend or even a friend-of-a-friend?

I would also suggest offering to raise the money to fix up the Taurus yourself.

Mow lawns? Odd jobs? Help someone 'off the books'?

You'll need to get creative here if you're really dead-set on keeping the car and frankly, money talks. With no money to fix it and no prospects I can see why your mom views it as a lost cause and wants to unload it on her boyfriend's sister.

You might try to explain to your mom that the car has sentimental value to you and see if that helps at all.

I suspect there is tension between you two already due to the boyfriend situation (always difficult to deal with) so that doesn't help but the sentimental value of the car to you (as it was your dad's) may move her - but don't count on it.

With no money to fix it, no real expertise and no place to keep the car it does look pretty grim - unless you can turn it around somehow with fixing it up or finding a place to keep it or raising some cash, fast, or all three.

If not, just let it go. It's only a car and you'll have a Mustang in the next few years.

Meanwhile, you're still welcome here.
Thanks Mr. 50,
I thought about raiseing money for it 'odd' jobs but I'll have to take over the insurence.... and she is almost dead set on selling. I mean the car has value to her..man I should have talked to her ealier...I can almost keep the car if my money (left over school money) does not get cut down. But I have to convincer her over the phone not to sell (I'm not home) but the thing is, I have to take care of two cars..(some many have missed that in the first post. He hardly drive the car, I'll try talking to her...ah...this is so difficult because the kid is getting promised the car and the car might not be there when I get back home. I know she is going to say something to me like you can't take care of the car, you have no money. I might have to let it go.... i'm facing that now....

I WISH I had friends (car friends) around to help me out but no...no. Not even a friend of a friend. It's hard but maybe it's best if it does go....it's sad. (because I was laying out things I wanted to do).