MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-14-2003, 10:19 AM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Default What to do with my '93 (long)

Can anyone give me any advice as to what to do with my old stang? The car has issues, specifically, The balencer is bad, engine burns a good amount of oil on 2 cylinders, tranny needs work/new clutch(?), brakes, exterior paint is rough (from sitting for over a year), and misc minor things (i.e. sterio doesent play tapes, headlight on one side has filled with water).
I have 2 possibly 3 parties interested in buying it, but nothing definate yet, for about what it took to pay her off (around 1500). Right now, I'm waiting for the title to clear and be transferred to my name.
You guys think I should sell it as is, or maybe strip it for the eng/tranny (a friday transmission, already had 2 rebuilds) wiring harness and seats for my 66? Either way, I guess I need to get rid of her, since I dont really have anywhere I can work on her right now, and can definatly use the money. I wish I could fix her up as the daily driver, and keep the 66 for weekends, but wish in one hand....

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jorge
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 02:53 PM   #2
VeNuM
Registered Member

If it were me, I'd try to sell it to someone who was going to fix her up, if not, just try to get what you think it's worth. I wouldn't cut the car up, but that's just me. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 12:43 AM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

If you need the money, I'd just sell it

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:55 AM   #4
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Well, the money would help, and I would also like to see her back on the road. Stripping her is kind of a last resort, but there seems to be a fairly limited market for "fixer uppers" around here considering for a little more you could get a runner to start on. Even thrashed but running stangs can be had for about 2-3k around here. Also the parts would give me a starting place for some of the stuff I plan eventually for my car (i.e. T-5 swap). If I had a garage where I could work on it, I wouldnt even think of selling, and just start fixing it up slowly.
If the buyers I have lined up dont come through, maybe I'll try to find a way to take it up north w/ me. Heh, 2 project cars, the g/f'll love me
Oh well, thanks for the input folks, g/f just doesent get the attachment thing, especially for hanger queens,lol.

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote