MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2002, 11:58 PM   #21
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

I didnt plan on this turning out to what it happened. I just was saying how not all V6 guys rice out their cars. The post made it sound to me that all of us did it. I just defended them.

Quote:
I hate all V6 Mustangs
Most intelligent line ever posted in a Mustang forum

I love all Mustangs...i'd love a 67 Fastback I think that Mustang owners should respect the fact that at least they are driving a Mustang instead of falling into that Import bulls**t that is the "cool" thing to do now. I'm not here for a flame war
Old 06-06-2002, 12:55 AM   #22
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

I respect you and the fact that you made your v6 really nice. Still, I PROMISE I will never lose to a v6 stang.
I have to disagree with Sinister...THIS is the most ignorant thing ever posted on a Mustang forum

Your lack of education in newer techiques of hooking up a V6 Mustang will hopefully lead to your eventual embarassment in a race...not because you lost, but because of your attitude...Unless of course, you won't lose because you'll refuse to race

Grow up-its very possible to have a VERY quick V6, and there's nothing wrong with that-his car, HIS CHOICE.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:02 AM   #23
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by SinisterSN95

REAL muscle cars died back in the early 70's IMO.

The key word is being open minded about people who own V6's. At least we are driving Mustangs, narrow minded mustang owners who think that Mustangs live and die according to the V8 are pretty damn stupid.
I agree...I love my SN95, but no "modern mustang" can rival the beauty of the "true" muscle car era .

I, too had a "hooked up" V6 back in 98', but it was mostly appearance and slow as hell. Which, should give me even more reason to have a stick up my *** when it comes to teasing...However, I choose not to.

I've gotten angry at people who cram their opinion down my throat about it, but you know--I was 17, and I thought it was the coolest thing on earth! END OF STORY. **** what everyone else thinks, its not THEIR car. You really shouldn't worry yourself about that kind of ****..this isn't high school all over again! Of course I'd never choose a V6 over a V8 for all obvious reasons, but if you're happy with your car, I'm happy for you! You just don't sound too happy about it yourself, since you are busy arguing with others about it--I think its about time you took yer girl for a spin around the block
Old 06-06-2002, 01:45 AM   #24
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

I have to disagree with Sinister...THIS is the most ignorant thing ever posted on a Mustang forum

Your lack of education in newer techiques of hooking up a V6 Mustang will hopefully lead to your eventual embarassment in a race...not because you lost, but because of your attitude...Unless of course, you won't lose because you'll refuse to race

Grow up-its very possible to have a VERY quick V6, and there's nothing wrong with that-his car, HIS CHOICE.
Man, I'm being ignorant all around today. But seriously, I'm not saying I will never lose to a car with a V6, just a mustang with one. The 232 is a terrible platform to work with. Youd have to dump SO much cash into one to beat my GT. I remember an article a while back with a 2000 v6 stang, with all the bolt on's and a Blower. It ran a 13.97. Wow. that is pretty quick. And I know so many people in my area with blown V6's too. They're really common around here.

Bottom line: No one buys a V6 with the intent on making a fast drag car. It's not feasible. If someone gets stuck with a v6, they can make the best of it. You get my respect if you work on your ride. Period, I don't care what it is, if you take pride in it, and it looks/runs good, then that's cool with me. I don't think hating V6's makes me ignorant? Hating blacks, or chinese might, but I have good reason for hating v6 stangs.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-06-2002, 02:33 AM   #25
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

man your too touchy if your car isnt riced out then cool, didnt i say 2 times i have nothing against a 6 cyl stang, if it's not rice, i also said i have seen rice gt's & cobras, i laugh at them too, if your ride isnt rice then it's cool, there are more 6 cyl stangs in my area than gt;s & cobras , i dont knock them, it's all good.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-06-2002, 04:13 AM   #26
particleeffect
Registered Member

my ride now is a 00 v6 auto. i gues the auto kinda goes with the v6, its more for crusing and it gets pretty ok miles. when i got it i was concerned about mpg and it wasnt to pricey either with full electric. i was also 16 so i couldnt exactly work full time. i was comparing it to a 00 eclips, but i was already bias to domesic and the base eclips a 4cyl with fwd so that clinched it.

now that i have more free time though id like to get a v8 though, and try and get it into the high 11's. nowadays im comparing high 2#k cars instead of high 1#k cars though as something ill be "happy" with as a platform for atleast 5 years.

but there are some fast 4 cyls out there also.

im a sleeper kinda person, i like clean lines on the outside and one solid color, and dark windows.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:50 AM   #27
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Just read an article on the FT470. A Twin Turbo V6 mustang with 470HP! I hope you don't pull next to that car Stoplight!

In my Opinion all us V8 guys owe our lively hood to the V6 cars. If Ford stopped making V6's they wouldn't make enough money and would stop making mustangs period!

I think that is what happened to the F-bodies.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
Old 06-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #28
95mustanggt
Registered Member

...But don't kid yourself, real performance comes from V8's

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
Old 06-06-2002, 12:30 PM   #29
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com

they make some major products for V6 Mustangs. They are expensive, but there are some kits that could get them abover 300 horsepower, and thats without a blower or juice.

Someday i hope i can afford a GT, but till then, i'm damn proud of my 6. I still wish she was blown
Old 06-06-2002, 03:30 PM   #30
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Man, I'm being ignorant all around today. But seriously, I'm not saying I will never lose to a car with a V6, just a mustang with one. The 232 is a terrible platform to work with. Youd have to dump SO much cash into one to beat my GT. I remember an article a while back with a 2000 v6 stang, with all the bolt on's and a Blower. It ran a 13.97. Wow. that is pretty quick. And I know so many people in my area with blown V6's too. They're really common around here.

You gotta look at it this way. It's actually cheaper to add a supercharger to a V6 than do a 5.0 or 4.6 swap. With a few other mods, they could easily catch you.

Also, keep in mind that just because your car is CAPABLE of running low 13's, does NOT mean you actually have the experience, talent or skill to do so yourself. My 929 is capable of low 10's. That doesn't mean I'll ever run them with my fat as on it.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 06-06-2002, 05:16 PM   #31
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 929PhoenixSquid

You gotta look at it this way. It's actually cheaper to add a supercharger to a V6 than do a 5.0 or 4.6 swap. With a few other mods, they could easily catch you.

Also, keep in mind that just because your car is CAPABLE of running low 13's, does NOT mean you actually have the experience, talent or skill to do so yourself. My 929 is capable of low 10's. That doesn't mean I'll ever run them with my fat as on it.
Actually, I just put my foot down and go (it's auto) doesnt take too much skill or experience. Toughest part was figuring out how to launch it, but I think I have that down now.

As far as 95mustanggt said, I'm pretty sure I won't run into that twin turbo'd v6 stang running around here in my 24000 person town. That's a sick car, and would most certainly hand me my *** like no other, but the fact is, I will NEVER pull up to a stoplight next to it. The chances of me running into a v6 stang in my town with enough power to beat me has got to be astronomical. I'll make another promise though: If I ever do get beat by a v6, I'll post about it here. Until then...

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-06-2002, 05:26 PM   #32
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Actually, I just put my foot down and go (it's auto) doesnt take too much skill or experience. Toughest part was figuring out how to launch it, but I think I have that down now.

Yuck! "I'll never get beaten by a car with a auto tranny! It's 5/6 speed or nuthin!" (See the rediculousness of this sort of a statement??)

Sorry, it had to be done

Honestly, I gotta tell you, I don't even laugh at these little civics anymore, becuase you just never know. Last time I was at Atco, I saw SEVERAL stock "looking" civics pull 12's and 11's.

You just.......never know

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 06-06-2002, 07:11 PM   #33
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:

Yuck! "I'll never get beaten by a car with a auto tranny! It's 5/6 speed or nuthin!" (See the rediculousness of this sort of a statement??)

Sorry, it had to be done

Honestly, I gotta tell you, I don't even laugh at these little civics anymore, becuase you just never know. Last time I was at Atco, I saw SEVERAL stock "looking" civics pull 12's and 11's.

You just.......never know
To be honest with you, I'm a lot more scared of civics than v6 stangs. I know way more people with turbo'ed or nitroused civics than blown v6 stangs. Also, the civics weigh so little, they can be fast with less hp.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-06-2002, 07:13 PM   #34
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:

I don't think that is a rediculous statement at all. If you've never been beat by a car with an auto, then you've never been beat by a car with an auto. I've never been beat by a stang with a v6. That's the god's honest truth. How can I phrase that better? It's the truth, that's what I said. You guys are reading way too much into this. V6 stangs are not performance machines. They CAN be, but it's pretty tough, so I typically don't give them a second look on the street. If they mess with me, I hand them their *** on a silver platter....every time.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-06-2002, 07:57 PM   #35
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't think that is a rediculous statement at all. If you've never been beat by a car with an auto, then you've never been beat by a car with an auto. I've never been beat by a stang with a v6. That's the god's honest truth. How can I phrase that better? It's the truth, that's what I said. You guys are reading way too much into this. V6 stangs are not performance machines. They CAN be, but it's pretty tough, so I typically don't give them a second look on the street. If they mess with me, I hand them their *** on a silver platter....every time.

Look, I am just trying to be difficult.... I know exactly where you are coming from. All the weight of the GT, without the added hp and torque. I agree with you almost completely....and yes, I am afraid of civics more than V6 stangs as well. Relax..I'm just playing the devils advocate

Old 06-06-2002, 08:39 PM   #36
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

v6's are kinda a tricky domain. forever the've been associated with looks: the ponycar image/name at an affordable price. but not true performance. it took ford a couple of years to finally get some respectable hp/tq outa the v6. but they've (V6) however been the flagship CARRYING THE MUSTANG for so long. Ford can't price the 8's cheap enoughto justify an ultra mass production and an overall lower dealer price. the exorbornant price of the new gt's(**'in forget about the cobras), makes insurance rates insane for males; the majorty performance buyers of most 8 cylinder cars. the v6 scene is kinda a wakeup call to a gearhead culture starved for power, that was weigned on import 4's an 6's, but forced to deal wth the idiotic actions of a few, halting the possibility of performance car ownership for responsible, talented drivers. With a smaller history than the v8's, aftermarket dealers realizing the majority of mustangs sold are stripped down 6's, they looked at the what was workin using what is learned from 8's poweradders an reapplied it to 6's and they're jus kinda now bein looked at for true performance. I applaud them, thats what america is about. creativity, an doin somthin different. I'd love to watch a a turboed/nitrosed stang 6 leavefoot prints all over a riced out civic!! what I wanna know is what took em so damn long? hell, the import scene spend god knows what pourin cash into 4's an 6's to get them into v8 timeslips. why not a pureblood pony car? its creativeness show the possible future of an unfortunate possible overall lower gasoline consuption, but nice power outputs from a smaller engine and the general creativity of AM designers to use whats avaliable to increase power. but i know for a fact the 3.8 is weaker in overall strength than the v8's, so for their reliability and strength to be equaled, theirs got to be a way to get higher hp/tq numbers from a slightly bigger 6.

on a side note, what is "riced out for a mustang"? better wheels,(those pos /12/15's/16's?) tires, poweradders? cosmetic differrences? if the idea is to do somthin different and to have a nice car, where to you draw the line? I beleive its a waste of money to dump cash into a 6, but I have an 8. but while I was lookin for mine, I ran across a several ultra clean, low milaged 5 spd 6's, an had dreams of makin them into a nasty 6 with head turnin looks. i found my 8 and i'm happy with it. but man, if you tune yer car to a fever pitch an walk all over my 8, i'll give you my respect, cause you are a true gearhead, workin at a dissadvantage an overcoming the adverse majority. but we should all unite:

2.3's, 3.8's, 5.0's, 5.'4's, 5.8's, 7.5's an god knows what else against the common enemy...rice

AMEN GOOD NIGHT!

1994 GT 5.0l
Old 06-06-2002, 09:45 PM   #37
1969 Stang
Registered Member

the only car that ford has made in the last 20 years. That I like with a v-6 is the Ford Thunderbird SC...I think thats it...But a lot of cars with v-6 can and do haul...well you know...I.E...Grand Prix, Thunderbird SC, Nissan Skyline(never seen one in person), and 300ZX TT...and thats all I can think off right now...So not all V-6s suck...And having an automatic isn't that bad...let you and me drive on some L.A. Freeway you in your mustang with a stick...me in my automatic...then lets talk...just saying it to everyone...not just one person...but sticks are great...but you can fix up an automatic to be better then a stick anyday...Torque converter...and stuff...anyways...some civics are kinda scary...with the b16 engine...turbo'd...N20(nitrous oxide)..and everything else you can think up...or even the 71 I think 240zx...or what ever it is...the really only datsun...My friend drives...has a FORD 351 in it...it gets up and moves...and then the Monster Miatas....yeeeeeesssssssssssss...nothing can beat a nice american made v-8 though..imo...v-6 arent bad though...and btw the only engine besides ford engines I would own...would be a HEMI...And I will leave on that note...

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #37
Old 06-06-2002, 10:52 PM   #38
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:

Look, I am just trying to be difficult.... I know exactly where you are coming from. All the weight of the GT, without the added hp and torque. I agree with you almost completely....and yes, I am afraid of civics more than V6 stangs as well. Relax..I'm just playing the devils advocate
Dont worry, I dont take things personally. I know my GT and I are the ****, nothing can phase me.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 06-07-2002, 09:16 AM   #39
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

The worst is when a V6 owner says, "wait till I put my 302 in there...".

1. aha... sure buddy. Engine swap eh? This is not a honda buddy... Too much money, not enough brains?
2. "Wait till..." --> Isn't that the most anoying comment? Respond with shut your dill hole, and bring what you have.
3. 302? Why not choose the DOHC 4.6 (281)? Loads more power, and with a few bolt-ons will run big numbers reliably!

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Old 06-07-2002, 10:46 AM   #40
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King
2. "Wait till..." --> Isn't that the most anoying comment? Respond with shut your dill hole, and bring what you have.

Bwahahahhahahaahah!

Closed Thread