MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 09:06 PM   #41
StreetPony
Registered Member

Default Re: Tolerance

Originally posted by Mr 5 0
That's the homosexuals idea of tolerance

your example of "tolerance" is not even similar to what i expressed. dont attempt to use the mantra of the gay extremists with what i meant when i used tolerance. every group has extremists. there are feminist extremists, civil rights extremists, abortion/anti-abortion extremists.....etc. you cannot judge an entire group of _any_ people by the extremists who share the same cause.
i realize its easy to quote the extremists views and statements in an attempt to add credibility to your own argument but i am calling shenanigans in this instance because the extremist view of "tolerance" has absolutely nothing to do with mine.

as opposed to the hetros idea of simply live and let live which is what is generally represented on this board

you appear to be a bit confused here. i am the one saying live and let live, you are saying its ok to get your jollies at the expense of others, and youre attempting to justify it using the "boys will be boys" type explanation.

You regurgitate the homo's propaganda very well. They would probably not call you a bigot. How nice.

and you regurgitate the religous bible belt propaganda quite well. i seriously doubt you have _any_ experience with homosexuals. i seriously doubt you have _any_ gay friends (or that you know are gay anyway). i seriously doubt you know anything about homosexuals other than what theyve told you to think and believe in church.......yet you preach about it as if you know it.

I have studied this subject

do tell me the courseware that you studied. id like to read this same material that has pitifully misinformed you. its not about a "gay gene". some people are more feminine than others, and some more masculine. some go to the extreme in the opposite direction....it happens. homosexuality is as old as mankind and is well documented all throughout the bible you obviously read.

i on the other hand have studied this subject in a university sponsored study. no moralistic preconceptions, just pure unadulterated data by which to compare all the variables in homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.

it is a choice one makes based on a variety of reasons which are too complex to get into on a Mustang messageboard.

please dont cop out on my like that. dont make a statement and then refuse to back it up by claiming its too complex. this is obviously the forum discussing off topic material, so id like to see your explanation. do tell me what you know that i dont know having grown up with a homosexual brother.

remember that your idea of maturity - accepting anything and everything as O.K - is very easy to do.

if youre going to make things up as you go along there is little point in continuing farther. i have never suggested in any way that accepting anything and everything is ok.

You're for everything and against nothing, except what? Poverty. racism and war?

there you go again. <sigh>. i have never said that im for everything. i have never said that i am against nothing.

Not liking or instantly approving of their behavior is not quite the same thing, is it?

<sigh>...there you go yet again. i never said anybody had to "like" it. i never said that anyone had to "approve" of anything. you do however, have to tolerate it. that is the beauty of this country in which we live. you dont have to like your neighbor, but you must tolerate him.

please stick with what ive said and stop trying to make up my statements as you go along.

Ridicule of a perversion that repels most men is natural

i agree.....but do you walk around in public ridiculing homosexuals? i highly doubt you do. if vin diesel were indeed a homosexual and you met him on the street, would you do your natural ridicule of him? of course not.
when i joined this board i dont recall ever reading that this board limits its membership to heterosexuals only. id bet anything that at least 10% of the members of this board are homosexual with another 15% or so having tendencies. no, they wont speak up against ignorance because they know how outnumbered they are. no, they wont speak up against ignorance because they dont want to be treated any differently than they are now. but it doesnt change a thing.

inserting sexual organs where they were never meant to be is unnatural

<shudder>.....as much as that image disgusts me, for the homosexuals themselves it is a natural act!

and we still have a right to opinions in this country. That includes you.

agreed. but trying to pass of your religious right wing beliefs as scientific fact is irresponsible at best.

for your state - or mine, Connecticut.

yup..... BIBLE BELT! :-)

We have a bunch of them related to homosexuals. You hit me, it's simple assault, maybe six months in jail. You hit a homo, it's a 'Hate Crime' and the penalty is much harsher...for the same crime, just because the person hit practices sodomy (is homosexual).

your statement was that homosexuals are protected more than the rest of us and here is why your example does not prove your statement. you as a white heterosexual male (i assume) are also protected by those same hate crime laws! if somebody hits you, that is assault. if they hit you because you are white, it is also a hate crime!

Don't flatter yourself so much. The members of Mustang Works are easily as 'decent' as you

cut the crap already. i havent placed myself above anyone.

purport to be but if you can't find humor - or irony - in the possibility of a macho actor being a homo, then we can't help you.

stay on topic here. finding humor in the whole thing is one thing. objecting to the insensitivity of referencing him as a "fag" on a public forum open to one an all is an entirely different matter.

O.K. I'll take you at your word but this is a site that celebrates Mustangs and is comprised mostly of young adult males who find homosexuality a subject of ridicule. That is their right.

theres youre "boys will be boys" argument again. im not trying to change anyone, im not trying to force anything on anybody. again, i was simply surprised by potentially offensive material on a public, moderated forum.

You made a spirited desfense of homosexuals but you also make the common error of equating disapproval, even ridicule of homosexual acts, as bigotry and insensitivity.

the reference of "fag" is the only thing i have called into question. ridicule at the expense of others is indeed insensitivity at best.

Having some guy in a dress and make-up with a sign saying 'We're Queer and We're Here' while screaming 'homophobe' at anyone who even dares to wince at his outrageous behavior offends me.

as it would me.....but you simply cannot hold all homosexuals in the same light as the extremists.

The homosexual 'community' have a very well-polished public image which you obviously have totally bought into.

dont hand me that crap. i formed my opinions about my brother being born gay long before there even was a homosexual community agenda.

It isn't the passive acceptance you offer but a total legal and social acceptance that trancends your casual tolerance.

wrong! all i have asked for is tolerance. period. how can i ask anyone to accept something that i dont even accept? i havent. youre putting that into my argument to add credibility to yours but it just is not accurate with anything i have said.

Unfortunatly, homosexuals seem to want to bring their sexual lives onto the public stage in many cases so any claims to privacy are rather hollow.

i agree....but again.....you simply cannot hold all homosexuals accountable for the acts of the extremists.

Ever heard of NAMBLA? The North American Man-Boy Love Association. Pedophiles united as a group that are trying to lower the age of consent to 12 in many states, including Massachusetts.

i find it appauling that you would attempt to associate nambla with typical homosexuals. it is all too typical of the southern bible belt propoganda machine.

Your easy acceptance of others is touching but please don't attempt to equate race issues with sexual issues.

they are indeed the same! you cannot help your sexual orientation anymore than you can help the race you were born into. oppression is oppression and i am quite the expert on oppressions of all forms. as a former member of the 7th special forces group i spent a total of many years of my life in honduras, nicaraqua, even equador and many other places where i spent every day trying to squash oppression with my own two hands whenever possible.

ironically, while there were other factors involved, i got out of the military when bill clinton opened it up to homosexuals. i did not wish to be placed in a position of serving in combat with someone that might find me sexually appealing. i didnt gripe about it or ridicule anyone.....i got out and i moved on.

I 'accept' homosexuals as well as other races and cultures but that doesn't mean that I can't make a joke about them or dislike some aspect of their 'culture'.

thats fine and well but when you use labels that hurt others, youre no longer a friendly public forum.

then you really need to get out more in the real world

lol.....you couldnt possibly appreciate the irony of that statement. it is because of the time i spent in the "real world", all over the "real world", that i learned tolerance for others who were different from me.

where hetrosexual men who love women still have a hard time understanding other men that are attracted to some hairy guys butt.

i have a hard time trying to understand how men could be attracted to one another......but i dont ridicule them because im not afraid of them anymore.
Message Board
Old 08-06-2002, 09:12 PM   #42
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i could care less if vin diesel is gay or not, im ugly, wiegh 130lbs, but im a man., if everyone were gay, hello, no more human's would be born, horse's dont sleep with cow's, i'll take women for 1,000 alex.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 08-06-2002, 09:40 PM   #43
induction
The Brit!

Arrow Ding Ding !!

Ok players. thats the end of round 1 so lets take a T.V. time out and return with round #2 . Remember, all insults to education are worth doudle in this round but a personal shot will cost you 1/2 of your final score!

( Hey where's the beer boy?)
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
Old 08-06-2002, 09:40 PM   #44
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default Re: Tolerance

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Ever heard of NAMBLA? The North American Man-Boy Love Association. Pedophiles united as a group that are trying to lower the age of sexual consent to 12 in many states
...south park is all i need to say

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
Old 08-06-2002, 09:48 PM   #45
induction
The Brit!

lol
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
Old 08-06-2002, 09:56 PM   #46
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default Re: Re: Tolerance

Quote:
Originally posted by StreetPony

do tell me the courseware that you studied. id like to read this same material that has pitifully misinformed you. its not about a "gay gene". some people are more feminine than others, and some more masculine. some go to the extreme in the opposite direction....it happens. homosexuality is as old as mankind and is well documented all throughout the bible you obviously read.
umm...so if you say that there is no "gay gene" yourself, how can one be BORN a homosexual?...you just said that some men are more masculine and some are more feminine and that "it happens"...well do you know why "it happens"?...people tend to lean to the more fem. or masc. side because of split parents....if you are a male spending more time around your mom (or other females) then you tend to be more feminine...like i said..my best friend as a young child was a girl, she had a sister, i went out with my mom all the time, and im more sensitive than my brothers who didnt hang out with girls young, or our mother....im still not homosexual though...i just have some extra tendancies that my mom would have instead of my dad (like shopping around, which is harmless)....EVERYTHING that happens to you as a child shapes who you are right now....at least the basic form of you, more complex characteristics are formed by latter experiences when the brain has developed and can remember, learn...so being homosexual IS a formed preference, not one born into....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 08-06-2002, 10:12 PM   #47
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Talking What Happen to Vin???

Could we please get on the better subject.....Like......VIN DIESEL!!!!!!!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Old 08-06-2002, 10:56 PM   #48
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation SRV has to behave, but the LEADER makes his own rules...

Mr 5.0 PM's me because and tells me my behavior is unacceptable here at Mustang Works and then he pulls this sh*t!! you are a jerk! PERIOD! you dont know squat about Stangs, religion(other than your own that you only beliefs in your little mind it is the only true religion out there) and people. your handy dandy search engines cant give you all the answers MR 5.0. you twist everyones statements around and you NEVER admit when you are wrong!

i never seen more of a closed minded person on this board than Mr 5.0.

STREETPONY, i do agree mostly what you said, but i do think the gay community likes to get the public's attention now these days. things are way different than the 70's. homosexuals have names for us heterosexuals. they call us breeders now if i where to call him a fag in public, what do you thing would happen?

in no way do i think you are implying "gayness" on anyone. you are just stateing the facts of your life and the personal experience that you have with your brother. you know more of the facts than we do. a person here just flames you down cause you speak of your personal experiences and their homophobia kicks in and they dont know what to do.

i think gayness is wrong. i dont like any aspect of it. but i can be man enough to let them be as long as they let me be. its not my business what other people do, nor is it their business what i do. this is THE LAND OF THE FREE, so wouldnt that make me a hypocrite if i told them what they can and cant do? you might as well throw the amendments right out the window.

Jim, church on Sunday. DON'T BE LATE!!

oh as for Vin, he is just another actor(idiol) for the young crowd. it has happened before. nothing new. he will either succeed or fail. time will tell. as for him being gay, where is the infromation coming from? who told you? where did you read it? National Inquirer doesnt count. just my .02 cents....
Old 08-06-2002, 11:40 PM   #49
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Guys I dont mean to be the wet rag but "lets just get along". Like the old internet saying goes, if you argue on the internet and win its like the special olympics, no matter who wins your still retarded. (excuse me if I re-worded it) Guys this message board is for enjoyment, not like drunkenforums or hardcore forums flaming posts I'm sure the last thing everyone needs is to aruge on the internet... Set aside religious and political debates on a mustang message board for a sec guys and have fun
Rice Hater's Club member #20
Old 08-07-2002, 12:07 AM   #50
jj_jonathon
Trisket

you know.....ive never heard that...youre right....to "argue" would be retarded...but i consider this thread to be a heated debate on a controversial issue....and those can be interesting...as long as we keep the cheap shots where rosie keeps her ab-roller....far far away....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 08-07-2002, 12:10 AM   #51
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon

you know.....ive never heard that...youre right....to "argue" would be retarded...but i consider this thread to be a heated debate on a controversial issue....and those can be interesting...as long as we keep the cheap shots where rosie keeps her ab-roller....far far away....
LOL, thats the spirit bro. Yeah heated debate on a controversial issue's are fine with me but who am I to judge (wait I already did)
Rice Hater's Club member #20
Old 08-07-2002, 12:17 AM   #52
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by LayanRubr

LOL, thats the spirit bro. Yeah heated debate on a controversial issue's are fine with me but who am I to judge (wait I already did)
i prolly coulda made that title longer too....hrm...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 08-07-2002, 12:23 AM   #53
StreetPony
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Tolerance

Quote:
so being homosexual IS a formed preference, not one born into....
so you are saying that you choose to be heterosexual but if you wanted to, you could also choose to be homosexual? thats not right, and if you think about it you know it. your attraction to women is instinctual.....you dont have a choice in what turns you on and what doesnt turn you on. no matter how hard you tried, if youre a true heterosexual there is nothing that could make you choose to prefer men.

most all of us have things that excite us. we get turned on not because we choose to, but because of things within us that we dont control.

my fetish is abs. i find a woman with chisled abs to be totally irresistable. she can be dog butt ugly everywhere else, if she has defined abdominal muscles she is totally irresistable to me. i dont choose to be turned on by a woman's abdominal muscles. its not a choice im making, its just the way it is. with you it may be breasts, or butt, or legs.....it might be red hair, it might even be her feet.

some people get turned on by members of the same sex. they are born that way.

besides, my personal example defeats your theory. my brother and i were raised side by side under an identical environment. we had the same parents, the same house, the same rules, the same bedroom. we spent the same time with both parents. we both camped, we both cleaned house. hes gay, im straight. explain the difference. you cant. i knew he was gay before i knew what being gay meant. he was born that way and none of you will convince me otherwise when i have an entire childhood with him by which to judge.
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 12:37 AM   #54
jj_jonathon
Trisket

i dont think you read everything i wrote....

im not attracted to males because i, as do most people, was not pushed into that extreme...sexual tendancies are developed! they have to be if we dont know what a penis is for until sex-ed! there was a woman once that used to orgasm whenever she heard a dog....this was brought on by her being licked in the crotch by a dog when she was younger (and i swear its true, whatever thats means to you)....

and the fact that you and you brother were raised side by side means nothing to me...because both of my brothers and i are very close...were one of the closest set of brothers i this town...people are amazed sometimes....and like i said...my little brother was a hellraiser anyways! i never have been and the oldest went through a phase....you werent ALWAYS by your brother's side...because you had different classes in school, and different friends after school, just because you live together and are close does no mean that you will be anything like him...even when the relatives come to visit different grandparents, aunt, uncles, cousins, etc will play more with one of you...it may not even be on purpose....

but your brother is gay because his life happened to shape that way...things happened to him that didnt happen to you or things happened to you that didnt happen to him...maybe he hit puberty late and liked to have friends that were girls til he was older and when guys were telling him to like girls he was ready for it....you and him couldnt have been exactly alike through out the years...its just not possible...i honestly dont know what your brother was like as a child or what may have happened to him, etc....but i know for a fact that people are as they are because of their upbringing and experiences in their lives...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 08-07-2002, 05:34 AM   #55
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by induction
So uh.... what if the girlfriend says, " so would I honey she is cute !!" then what do ya do?
Marry her.

Quote:
Originally posted by induction
HOLD THE PRESSES

OK , wait a second before any one responds to this give me a min. ta grab a brew this is gonna be a good one *** hey PKRWUD toss me a cold one***
Done!

Sky-
That does suck. Try what's been suggested and see what happens.

As for Vin, I don't care one way or the other about him. He was cool in Boiler Room, but I never saw F&F. Keep in mind, he didn't write F&F, he just took a job acting in it.

Now then, how would you guys be reacting if XXX had a Mustang as the star, instead of a GTO??? You all loved Gone in 60 Seconds, and that was one of the lamest movies ever made (not as bad as the original, but not stellar, either). I don't go to the movies very much, and I doubt I'll go see this one, but I will rent the DVD when it comes out.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:04 AM   #56
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Nathan:

You step in to protect homosexuals from being lumped into a group called "fags" (which btw wasn't even USED as a slur toward a true homosexual) yet you are quick to describe the majority of women as shallow and lusting after overly muscled, vein bulging men

I think this is exactly what Mr. 5.0 MEANS by special treatment...I highly doubt you would pay attention if someone on here used the word biatch, or ho, etc....even though those words can be equally as "offensive" to some women. Personally I don't CARE what words/terms other people choose to use, but I get kinda ticked when you join this board and start criticizing the way we talk, when we aren't even insulting another member in any way. I would tell you to either take our forums for what they are, or find another...but I'm outtie anyways so I could really care less WHAT you do.

BTW....Welcome to Mustangworks...
Old 08-07-2002, 07:45 AM   #57
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Hey, nice to see yall are having a good ol' boy rally. Can I play.

Fudge packer
Homo
Fag Fagget
pillow biter
fairy
rump ranger
butt pirate
turd burgalar
*** bandit
dick jockey
Damn I think I am all out of faggot slurs

Since the word Fag is acceptable lingo "since presumably none of them are present"

I say anything goes,

YEEHAW!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 08:01 AM   #58
StreetPony
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

You step in to protect homosexuals from being lumped into a group called "fags"

i stepped in because i was taken back by the nature of a post that really surprised me, nothing more.

which btw wasn't even USED as a slur toward a true homosexual

??? you are kidding, right? i mean, you cant possibly take that last statement seriously, can you? the moderator has already stated that ridicule was "normal" and acceptable and youre going to suggest now that ridicule is not a slur?

yet you are quick to describe the majority of women as shallow and lusting after overly muscled, vein bulging men

show me where i ever said women were shallow. show me where i ever said the lusted over anything. i related my own personal experience and nothing more.

however, since you are on the subject, i suppose women dont like hardbodies.....i suppose that women love vin diesel for his superior acting abilities.......

I think this is exactly what Mr. 5.0 MEANS by special treatment...

i think you arent paying attention to the same conversation. mr. 5.0's statements are nothing more than hate talk. i find his statements as a moderator especially deplorable. the role of a moderator on most boards is to be fair to everyone, not justify the ridicule of anyone.

I highly doubt you would pay attention if someone on here used the word biatch, or ho, etc....even though those words can be equally as "offensive" to some women.

it would really depend on the usage. "biatch" and "ho" can both be used jokingly as a term of endearment. if it were hate speak i wouldnt ignore it anymore than any other class. still, there is a bit of a difference. for the most part, the womens cause has arrived. women are not blatently ridiculed for being women, its just not publically acceptable anymore.

but I get kinda ticked when you join this board and start criticizing the way we talk

but you defend open ridicule of people who happen to be different......that interesting.

and i havent criticized the way you talk. initially i found a post surprising and the moderator opened it up into much more.

when we aren't even insulting another member in any way.

lol.....wrong! i just happen to respect the privacy of other members too much to draw their names into it.

I would tell you to either take our forums for what they are, or find another

you are certainly right about that much. i found this forum and i was really impressed with how friendly it seemed. if this is indeed a place of oppressive hate speak then i would definately be better suited elsewhere. i just have not yet determined if it is limited to a couple people or if it is a fair representation of the group as a whole.

i am by no means perfect. in the past i too have made (and defended) improper statements about women, blacks, gays, and <insert group here> and i didnt think anything of them. i have since however, learned the value and ultimate importance of tolerance.

BTW....Welcome to Mustangworks

thank you.
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 08:04 AM   #59
StreetPony
Registered Member

Originally posted by PKRWUD
I never saw F&F. Keep in mind, he didn't write F&F, he just took a job acting in it.

thats another good point! im not into ricers at all but for the same money he made making that film, id glorify them too.

btw, if youre on broadband and interested in a copy of f&f in .avi format it could probably be arranged. :-)
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 08:07 AM   #60
StreetPony
Registered Member

but your brother is gay because his life happened to shape that way

lol......<sigh>.....you are right. shame on me for thinking i know my own brother.
Message Board
Closed Thread