MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 08:34 AM   #61
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Originally posted by StreetPony
Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

i think you arent paying attention to the same conversation. mr. 5.0's statements are nothing more than hate talk. i find his statements as a moderator especially deplorable. the role of a moderator on most boards is to be fair to everyone, not justify the ridicule of anyone.

I highly doubt you would pay attention if someone on here used the word biatch, or ho, etc....even though those words can be equally as "offensive" to some women.

it would really depend on the usage. "biatch" and "ho" can both be used jokingly as a term of endearment. if it were hate speak i wouldnt ignore it anymore than any other class. still, there is a bit of a difference. for the most part, the womens cause has arrived. women are not blatently ridiculed for being women, its just not publically acceptable anymore.

lol.....wrong! i just happen to respect the privacy of other members too much to draw their names into it.

if this is indeed a place of oppressive hate speak then i would definately be better suited elsewhere. i just have not yet determined if it is limited to a couple people or if it is a fair representation of the group as a whole.
I think whomever was "offended" should stand up for themselves. I started an entire thread when I felt that my fellow members thought my responses were too harsh. So...a 21 year old chick can confront an issue head-on, but other members cannot even cite their discomfort? Mmkay.

But apparently you've already got it all figured out buddy, we're all hate talkers Because we used the word FAG, HOMO, etc in a jokingly derogatory manner. I bet the Klan hats are gonna come out too!!!!

I don't dislike gays at all, but I DO dislike them shoving their BS on me by having parades to celebrate that they copulate with members of the same gender. And there aren't "just a few militant ones"as you claim...there are obviously enough to fill a big *** parade! I DO respect their right of free speech to say "I'M GAY!"...but unlike you, I am not a hypocrite. I also indulge the opposite end of the spectrum to have their FREE speech.." I DISLIKE GAYS!" I'm not going to afford rights to SELECT groups and deny them to others while citing "hate" as an excuse. Open speech is exactly that...OPEN...to ANYONE.

And yes, you said that *most* women are attracted to muscles, etc (scroll up). Which I really could care less if its true or not (which it probably is, knowing women today) you're allowed to make somewhat derogatory blanket statements about women, but we can't use "fag" in a joking manner? Ok, sure.

I defend the right of people to like/dislike whomever they please. I do NOT call that hate talk. You like gays? Cool. You don't like gays? Cool. I have my opinions, you have yours. However, that isn't good enough for people such as yourself. You say you are standing up for the rights of gays not to be offended...well I'm a straight person, offended by your allegations that we are HATE MONGERS! Where's my protection??

If you so vehemently dislike the actions of our members and moderators, why are you still here? Of course I'm not/can't telling you to go, its certainly not my place to decide that, but if allowing our members to express themselves the way they choose bothers you, yes I do indeed think you will be more welcome elsewhere.

We don't condone violent actions on ANY people, gay, straight, black, white etc. But, we do respect the rights of people to like/dislike anyone they choose to. In fact, the ONLY person who has acted OPPRESSIVELY is...you. You complained about the terms used, in an effort to silence them...sounds pretty oppressive to me!

FYI: Actually, feminists that are militant ARE blatantly ridiculed, so you can add that special interest group to your "Protect" list as well

Last edited by Mustangbelle306; 08-07-2002 at 08:47 AM..
Old 08-07-2002, 08:43 AM   #62
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Oh boy, I can't wait until an Asian individual joins our site, and boo hoos about the use of RICE as a hurtful, degrading, tear inducing term

Sad thing is, I could definetely see it happening...
Old 08-07-2002, 08:48 AM   #63
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Well I think calling a guy a fag cause he is built and gets all the pussy he can handle. As well as getting rich off of the so called ricer movies, that all of you watched.

Is pathetic, and only a very insecure guy would say **** like that.

BTW: No hard feelings I love all yall BIATCHES!!
Old 08-07-2002, 08:50 AM   #64
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh boy, I can't wait until an Asian individual joins our site, and boo hoos about the use of RICE as a hurtful, degrading, tear inducing term

Sad thing is, I could definetely see it happening...
Damn it Belle its already happened, PKRWUD and an import driver already got into it and the damn ricer called him a racist.

Makes for good reading though
Old 08-07-2002, 08:50 AM   #65
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Is pathetic, and only a very insecure guy would say **** like that.

BTW: No hard feelings I love all yall BIATCHES!!
I can agree with that...its just like calling him any other "BAD NAME" *sniff* *cry*. Not saying everyone is jealous of him, but I'm sure that may be the basis for some of the insults.

Excuse me, but I am very offended and hurt by your usage of a female oriented derogatory slur

Edit: Really??? I must have been off complaining about something else because I missed it. Ugh, how typical...I'm actually glad I didn't see it, I probably would have gone apesh!t
Old 08-07-2002, 09:03 AM   #66
StreetPony
Registered Member

So...a 21 year old chick can confront an issue head-on, but other members cannot even cite their discomfort? Mmkay.

exactly. it is socially acceptable for you to be a 21 year old chick. its already demonstrated that in this forum it is not socially acceptable to be homosexual therefore why would anybody who was homosexual speak up publically when it would only result in further ridicule?

I don't dislike gays at all

i have not asked you or anyone to like them.

I DO dislike them shoving their BS on me

as do i! i not only "dislike" it, i am offended by it. this isnt about acceptance, its about not going out of your way to be intolerant.

And there aren't "just a few militant ones"as you claim...there are obviously enough to fill a big *** parade!

lol.....if you think that the number of marchers and other extremists is an accurate representation of the true number of homosexuals, you are truly ignorant to the society in which you live. now before you get offended by my usage of the word "ignorant", im using the literal definition and its not to be taken as an insult.

I DO respect their right of free speech to say "I'M GAY!"...but unlike you, I am not a hypocrite.

unless youre making this up so youll have a catchy reply, please show me where i have been a hypocrite. ive said that i made mistakes in the past, and that i learned from them. thats not hypocrisy, thats real life.

I DISLIKE GAYS!" I'm not going to afford rights to SELECT groups and deny them to others while citing "hate" as an excuse. Open speech is exactly that...OPEN...to ANYONE.

you are born with the inalienable right to embrace or to hate anyone that you choose. a lot of straight and even gay men have died to ensure that right for you. however, with those rights come certain responsibilities. its ok for you to hate gays, but is it ok for you to publically express that hatred in a public forum? what about blacks? if you decide tomorrow that you hate blacks is it ok for you to come to this board and express that hatred including the usage of derrogatory terms that are associated with blacks? i mean, if its "ok" to use "fag" to express your ridicule of gays, it is also "ok" to use "******" to express your ridicule of blacks? just where _do_ you draw the line?

And yes, you said that *most* women are attracted to muscles, etc (scroll up)

no......_you_ scroll up because you are pitifully misinformed. i recommend that you read the thread again and find where i ever used the word "most".

you're allowed to make somewhat derogatory blanket statements about women, but we can't use "fag" in a joking manner? Ok, sure.

that response is ridiculous! i have made no derrogatory statements about women.......i love women! i love all women. there is a distinct difference that any reasonable person will know, though i dont expect you to be impartial or fair here.

I defend the right of people to like/dislike whomever they
please.

that in itself is fine. i have personally fought to preserve the right of people to like/dislike whomever they choose but thats not what we're dealing with here.

I do NOT call that hate talk.

it becomes hate talk when derrogatory comments are made.

You say you are standing up for the rights of gays not to be offended

thats not what i said! sheesh, pay attention please.

If you so vehemently dislike the actions of our members and moderators, why are you still here?

so far i dislike the actions of 2 or 3 but i refuse to judge the entire group by the ignorance of a few. im still in the process of forming my opinion of the board as a whole before i determine if i fit in or not.

are you suggesting its ok to be here so long as you agree with everyone but if you find difference with anyone you should run away?

if allowing our members to express themselves the way they choose bothers you, yes I do indeed think you will be more welcome elsewhere.

do you really think as narrowly as you express yourself? do you really not see anything here beyond what you just said or are you just trying to win an argument at any expense?

In fact, the ONLY person who has acted OPPRESSIVELY is...you.

lol.....ok......ignore my last question!

You complained about the terms used, in an effort to silence them...sounds pretty oppressive to me!

lol....youre just too tough.

feminists that are militant ARE blatantly ridiculed

what do extremists have to do with anything? we're talking about.....

nevermind. it is painfully obvious that you havent the experience to understand the true ugliness of the actions of certain members. youve obviously lived your life shielded from the things you speak about. congratulations, i envy you actually.
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 09:27 AM   #67
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

By my comment, I meant that I am extremel young, and I still have the courage to stand up for what I believe in. I have since I joined this board, and although some may think I'm a biatch for it, I'm no coward, and I would STILL act the same whether I liked women instead of men, or if I were black, or some other kind of group that has been "discriminated against". Its the personality of the individual, not who they choose to screw. What if I told you I were bisexual? Now are my "stands" worth more because of it?

I called you a hypocrite because you speak of freedom and acceptance of homosexuals. OK, that's fine. But...you can't pick and choose when and who you feel like being "open"toward. If you are truly accepting of all forms of people, you must also accept those who choose NOT to be accepting. I may not like KKK members and Black Panthers, but I wouldn't infringe on their right to express their POV. You, on the other hand, would.

Shielded? You're the first person to ever say that to me...

Its obvious that you just have the answer for EVERYTHING So I concede...you win Your condescending comments have succeeded in making me look stupid The usage of "fag" toward someone who probably isn't even gay was a hateful and mean spirited attack on the entire gay community, and I'm glad you've taken the time to try and help the MW community be more loving and tolerant of people we didn't even know we hated.

BTW:

no, its really quite simple. whether they will admit it or not, women dig muscles. i wont say _all_ women do, but at least a large percentage do. before i started working out i was 140 pounds and i couldnt get the time of day from most women. i was insignificant and might as well have been invisible to the fairer sex. since going to the gym and packing on 60 solid pounds its a totally different story. i went from not being able to get a date (i really couldnt get a date), to having a full dating calendar and the only thing thats any different is the amount of muscle mass i had compared to what i have now.

i still laugh when i hear women say they just want a "sensitive" man. bull. :-)

Perhaps, as you have said, my claim is ridiculous, but if I am indeed "pitifully misinformed", it is due to your wording. To me, it does look like you are a.) making assumptions about the desires of the opposite sex, and b.) you associated a physical improvement with attracting women. Which of course it IS your right to, but my point here is that you made generalizations about a group...that just seems like something you'd be against...

This is going to be my last "catchy reply". Unfortunately I get drawn into these back and forth arguments that inevitably lead NOWHERE. You will continue to see nothing wrong with selectively defending free speech based on the individual involved, and I would continue to disagree. And since you started making cute little comments such as "pay attention please" to downgrade my argument (I'm obviously paying attention if I'm posting ) I am officially done debating with you.

Last edited by Mustangbelle306; 08-07-2002 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-07-2002, 09:37 AM   #68
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Homosexuality

Nathan:

Where to begin?

It's painfully obvious that your brothers homosexuality has deeply affected your attitude toward any negative comments directed at homosexuals. That's understandable and I can sympathize with it. Your utter defensiveness is a bit overblown, but the source explains the reaction.

Your contention that homosexual 'extremists' don't represent all homosexuals has one problem; why don't 'all' homosexuals denounce them? They don't because they are all part of the same 'community' and the extremists are the front men that do the heavy lifting for the 'community'. I've never heard a homosexual say that guys in drag marching in 'Gay Pride' parades don't represent them.
Your hysterical accusations about my living in the bible belt are as foolish as they are wrong. Connecticut is in New England and as a well-traveled man, you should know that. CT is one of the most liberal states in the country. Joe Lieberman, 2000 Vice Presidential candidate is our Senator. Get a few facts straight.

Yes, I'm a Christian, and this seems to instantly enrage many homosexuals and atheists, but that doesn't change facts or realities and your smarmy attempt to invalidate anything I may state about homosexuality as being 'hate speech' is a fraud. This is a favorite tactic of the homo lobby. When an unpleasant fact arises, just scream 'HATE!' loudly and shout down the opponent. You learned well. Attacking a mans faith is another tactic I see you use with aplomb. You even have a friend here who joins in the fun.

Can you say 'hypocrite'? I'll bet you can.

You go ballistic defending homosexuals (which you claim not to be defending) and hysterically accuse me of 'hate speech' then ridicule my religion, babble on about the 'bible belt' and attempt to make me some sort of fanatic who gets his information from some religious group. My! What happened to your vaunted tolerance? Kind of went away when your brothers sexual orientation was chided by a few members on this board, didn't it? The word 'Fag' got you all upset, didn't it? So much for tolerance. To homos and those who support them, tolerance is a one-way street and you've neatly proven that here.

I've had these internet discussions regarding homosexuality before, Nathan. I know all the tactics. You cannot prove that homosexuality is genetic or otherwise natural in any way and we all know it. You can quote 'university studies' until we all fall asleep but nothing can be proven. Science doesn't know why some males prefer other males but childhood experiences, lack of a father or a strong father-figure are a few reasons often given. Your attempt to insist on 'proof' of why homosexuals are attracted to other men is a typical attempt to get us all bogged down in nit-picking arguments where we quote 'studies' back and forth to each other and play 'dueling scientists'. Bottom line: Who knows? You certainly don't. While sodomy may be called 'natural to homosexuals', it isn't and we don't need a university course to know that, do we, Nathan? Really.

Your apparent deep concern over 'slurs' directed at homosexuals is valid but somewhat overdone here. We have a right to an opinion, as do you. 'Fag' doesn't equate to the 'N-word' being used against a black person and the usual homosexual tactic is to pretend that it does and use it as an example of 'hate'. BS and we all know it. Homosexuals routinely call themselves 'Queer'. Your resentments of these terms are out of place but you're welcome to them. If any homosexuals are on this forum, they can respond or not. I haven't seen any, have you? I doubt it's 'fear' that causes the silence. This is an internet board, we're mostly anonymous here. You're the only one getting hysterical and angry, throwing the 'hate' label around and accusing me of all kinds of 'bible-belt' misinformation. Calm down and take a deep breath.

I understand that your brother's homosexuality has heightened your sensitivity to the issue and you are super-sensitivite about perceived slurs against someone you love who is homosexual. That doesn't mean that no one can use a word you don't like to describe homosexuals and homosexual acts on this board. We don't encourage it but unless it's personal, we don't ban it, if not overdone.

You have drawn attention to it, not us. You have made the use of a word or two that upsets you an 'issue' and have used your own intolerance to attack me and others who don't share your sensitivity toward homosexuals. You use the dreaded 'Hate' word to justify your complaints, then accuse me of being a religious fanatic and worse. For a well-traveled, mature guy, you slip into the name-calling mode rather easily when your buttons are pushed, as they were when someone made fun of homosexuals here.

I don't know what to tell you, Nathan. This a Mustang board, this forum is for off-topic issues, as you noted. We say what we want, for the most part. Some think this Vin Diesel guy is gay and they make fun of it, because he's so 'tough' onscreen. You chose to make that a big issue and chide us for doing it. My response got you hysterical and somewhat angry and now we're still at it, with the help of a few others. I suggest that you let it go.

You've stated your opinion, I stated mine, as have many others. I won't get into a flame war here, as some have already accused of doing. Heated debate is not a flame war. Mindless name-calling is a flame war. Your position on homosexuals is clear. You have great sympathy for them and consider them a minority that is in constant danger of being oppressed by words like 'fag'. I think that's absurd and a tactic used by homosexuals to play victim and elevate their choices to some sort of ultra-protected status in society. I refuse to do that.

This site is generally tolerant in the traditional sense. If you don't find it so, I'm sorry but people differ and some issues, like homosexuality are divisive. So be it.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:49 AM   #69
StreetPony
Registered Member

I am barely out of high school

that much is obvious....and before you get bent out of shape, i dont mean that in a bad way. you are young and idealistic and i think thats great. as your life moves on and you continue to grow and mature many things will change. i can promise you that at 26, you wont be the same person you were at 21. i too once thought a lot like you. it is my first hand exposure to the true ugliness of the world that changed me. i honestly hope you never know what i mean by that.

I called you a hypocrite because you speak of freedom and acceptance of homosexuals

<sigh>.....i have never spoken of _acceptance_ of homosexuals. i dont "accept" homosexuality either, how could i ask you to? there is a distinct difference in acceptance and tolerance.

If you are truly accepting of all forms of people, you must also accept those who choose NOT to be accepting.

i dont believe it.........i dont see how you could have possibly missed it. i have FOUGHT with my own two hands to ENSURE that you were free to hate ANYONE that you choose to hate. it isnt about your right to hate, it is about the responsibilities that come with those rights.

I may not like KKK members and Black Panthers, but I wouldn't infringe on their right to express their POV. You, on the other hand, would.

you are wrong. they also have the right to hate anyone they choose but that hatred cannot be expressed irresponsibly. free speech is one thing, but there is no free speech without responsibility. they have an inalienable right to hate anyone that they choose to hate but does that make it ok for them to express their hatred in a public school for example? can they hold a klan ralley in front of first graders and call it "free speech"? c'mon....

Shielded? You're the first person to ever say that to me...

dont feel bad, and dont take offense to that as its not what i intended. most people _are_ shielded to the true ugliness of the world. the only shame in it is when they attempt to speak from authority on the same subjects.

Its obvious that you just have the answer for EVERYTHING So I concede...you win

i can assure you that nobody wins. :-(

Perhaps, as you have said, my claim is ridiculous

see this key section of my post. ill quote it for you:
"i wont say _all_ women do, but at least a large percentage do."

but it really does look like you are a.) making assumptions about the desires of the opposite sex

no, i related my personal experiences. youre reaching pretty deep to try and make a point but you know i didnt mean anything negative by any of it.

you associated a physical improvement with attracting women

so youre suggesting that physical improvements _dont_ attract women? if not, what does? physical attraction is the very basis of human nature. please tell me what im missing here.

My point here is that you made generalizations about a group...that just seems like something you'd be against...

generalizations of a group (stereotyping) is not the same thing as hate speak. hate speak _hurts_ people.

think about that....it _hurts_ people.

i sincerely wish you the best as you continue to develop and mature. whatever beliefs you chose to have, i hope you at least consider all alternatives and the impact they have on others around you before you draw final conclusions by which to live your life.
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 10:04 AM   #70
PKRWUD

Quote:
Edit: Really??? I must have been off complaining about something else because I missed it. Ugh, how typical...I'm actually glad I didn't see it, I probably would have gone apesh!t
Yeah, I can't even remember the idiots name, but he went off on me being racist because I used the terms Rice and Ricer. The best part of all was that this moron's avatar was an Uncle Ben's logo! Talk about being a hypocrite. LOL.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #71
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Hey guys! Who really gives a flying ****? I mean, really?

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 08-07-2002, 10:31 AM   #72
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Lets see 70 post in just a couple of days, I dont understand why but obviously people do give a ****. Just look at all these essay answers.

I am too lazy for that,
Later,
Old 08-07-2002, 10:32 AM   #73
induction
The Brit!

lol Good morning, Looks like some of you have been very busy.... hummmmmmm lets tally up the score...

lol @PKRWUD wait till ya see my new antena ball!
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
Old 08-07-2002, 10:39 AM   #74
StreetPony
Registered Member

Default Re: Homosexuality

Originally posted by Mr 5 0

It's painfully obvious that your brothers homosexuality has deeply affected your attitude toward any negative comments directed at homosexuals.

while i use my personal experience as a source of firsthand data, my stance against intolerance is consistent with any group of oppressed people.

why don't 'all' homosexuals denounce them?

they dont denounce them because most of them just want to be left alone to their own private lives. most homosexuals are either in the closet, or they dont wish to publicize their own activities by denouncing the activities of others. the extremists you see trying to cram their agenda down your throat are a small minority indeed.

Yes, I'm a Christian, and this seems to instantly enrage many homosexuals and atheists

it doesnt enrage me at all. while i choose to be ahthiest, i think that if your religion brings you comfort in your life then its GREAT. but just like with the gay activists, i dont want religious activists trying to push their religion onto me. i dont want to be "saved" anymore than you want a homosexual activist trying to force his beliefs on you. while im not suggesting that you were trying to do that, i wanted to make that part clear. i have nothing against religion. it brings comfort to many people so its great....for them.

When an unpleasant fact arises, just scream 'HATE!' loudly and shout down the opponent.

i know its easy to dismiss what i have said to you so easily but im curious......so just how far _can_ you go without it being hate? where do you draw the line?

Attacking a mans faith is another tactic I see you use with aplomb.

show me anywhere i have attacked your faith???? i question any scientific study thats based in religious doctrine, but thats not attacking your faith.

Can you say 'hypocrite'? I'll bet you can.

i ask you to show me where i have been a hypocrite, or retract that statement.

You go ballistic defending homosexuals (which you claim not to be defending) and hysterically accuse me

<sigh>....please show me any hysteria or angry rants. please back up your statment with a firm example of what you claim. i have been just as calm and polite as you have been.

and attempt to make me some sort of fanatic who gets his information from some religious group. My! What happened to your vaunted tolerance?

??? you claim to have studied homosexuality so i am simply asking for an example of your courseware. if you cant quote an example of your courseware thats fine but dont attempt to turn it into something else to side track my request. it is my _belief_ based upon your statements that you have no experience with impartial, scientific data by which to study homosexuality. surely you dont believe that religious doctrine would be impartial on a topic such as homosexuality?

To homos and those who support them, tolerance is a one-way street and you've neatly proven that here.

that is absolutely not true. tolerance is a two way street but there is no such thing as free speech without responsibility!

Your attempt to insist on 'proof' of why homosexuals are attracted to other men is a typical attempt to get us all bogged down in nit-picking arguments

what???? i havent asked for proof of why homosexuals are attracted to other men. i know why homosexuals are attracted to other men. i have asked for proof (indirectly through requesting your courseware) that you have studied homosexuality but thats not the same thing. please remain on track here.

Bottom line: Who knows?

any homosexual knows......and i know because of my personal experiences with my brother. ask _any_ homosexual if it is a choice and show me _one_ that says he "chose" to be gay. they all say they were born gay....are they all liars?

While sodomy may be called 'natural to homosexuals', it isn't and we don't need a university course to know that, do we, Nathan? Really.

lol.....man on man is _quite_ natural for homosexuals. they get turned on by other men. it isnt a "choice", its the way they are. could you chose to be turned on about anything that didnt naturally turn you on? i think not.

We have a right to an opinion, as do you.

<sigh>....of course you do! but having an opinion is not the same thing as expressing it irresponsibly. as i asked another, would it be ok for the kkk to ralley in front of 1st graders? would that be simply a matter of free speech?

'Fag' doesn't equate to the 'N-word' being used against a black person and the usual homosexual tactic is to pretend that it does and use it as an example of 'hate'.

i strongly disagree with you. it is a derrogatory term used to hurt a socially oppressed group of people. it is indeed one in the same.
the church will teach you its different because homosexuals are "sinners" but thanks to a separation of church and state, as citizens of this country we arent governed by religious doctrine.

Homosexuals routinely call themselves 'Queer'

and??? many blacks regularly refer to one another as "******". that doesnt make it right for you or me to use that same word in a derrogatory manner.

If any homosexuals are on this forum, they can respond or not. I haven't seen any, have you?

yes. since this thread has begun i have heard from a handful of homosexuals. i havent quoted anything because the "email" excuse is a weak one but ill mention it now since you asked directly.

I doubt it's 'fear' that causes the silence.

im sorry, youre wrong. they dont want to be ridiculed further in a forum where the forum moderator has already publically stated that ridicule is ok and acceptable. their privacy is more important than an internet message board so they say nothing. i can understand why.

Calm down and take a deep breath.

im perfectly calm. im a bit taken back by your statements (particularly since as a moderator you are looked at as the voice of reason), but im perfectly calm.

have used your own intolerance to attack me and others

dude......you think ive "attacked" you? thats being a bit dramatic is it not? should i just agree with everything so that none of you are called to task when you say something i disagree with?

For a well-traveled, mature guy, you slip into the name-calling mode rather easily when your buttons are pushed,

??????? where have i called you any names? where have i called ANYONE "names"?

Some think this Vin Diesel guy is gay and they make fun of it, because he's so 'tough' onscreen.

??? what does being gay have to do with being tough???? the gym i attend, like most gyms, also has homosexual members and i can assure you that no one would question whether or not theyre "tough". some are policemen, some are soldiers, some are bouncers, and one in particular is a chef and even he is about twice the size of most pro football players. there are gay wrestlers, gay boxers, gay martial artists that are just as tough as any "real man" you can name. the assumption and belief that homosexual males are all feminine is a clear demonstration of the overall level of ignorance concerning them.

You've stated your opinion, I stated mine, as have many others. I won't get into a flame war here

i never considered this debate to be a flame war and in fact im quite impressed that no one has accused me (yet) of being an in the closet gay myself with a hidden agenda. we have core differences but id still shake your hand and say "nice to meet you".
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #75
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Street pony has mr 5.0 on the ropes

Go in for the kill
Old 08-07-2002, 11:07 AM   #76
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Could you two possibly take this somewhere else?
Maybe:
1- over emails
2- thru PM's
3- go grab a cup of coffee somewhere

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 08-07-2002, 11:15 AM   #77
StreetPony
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
he went off on me being racist because I used the terms Rice and Ricer.
lol.....now _that_ is pretty bad and takes hypersensitivity to a new extreme.
Message Board
Old 08-07-2002, 11:16 AM   #78
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by induction
lol @PKRWUD wait till ya see my new antena ball!
Post a pic!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #79
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by StreetPony

lol.....now _that_ is pretty bad and takes hypersensitivity to a new extreme.
Yeah, he was just trying to start crap. I found it kinda funny later on.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:39 AM   #80
induction
The Brit!

Pic too big, working on it
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
Closed Thread