MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2003, 05:17 PM   #61
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default You ain't seen nothing yet!

Y'all think that stuff is twisted? Here's one for you....

Remember Shelby428cj?

Word on the street is she was just another figment of Eric's imagination. Dan, can you do an IP check to verify the computer(s) the posts came from?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 02-25-2003, 05:32 PM   #62
StangFlyer
Founder

Shelby428cj was on the cable ISP service: cpe.cableone.net

Eric4Nitrous was on the cable ISP service: bed-va-0-6.cablenet-va.com

That's all I know... Except that this is what a REAL Pro 5.0 car looks like:

Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
Old 02-25-2003, 06:07 PM   #63
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Wow, I've read a lot of this over the past few days and has me thinkin'. Eric used to message me a lot when I first joined the board. He always talked about racing his car, going to shows, and about how he had bought the new one, etc etc etc... Mainly the same thing that you all had said. Me, not being "extremely" knowledgeable about car mechanics, had just thought he was being honest. I even had to ask Dan what a Pro 5.0 car looked like, and from what I hear it's not quite that!hahaha I love fast cars, bikes, etc, and I'm not sure why someone would lie about what they have to fit in. As someone said earlier we would've all accepted him just as he is, seemed like a nice enough person. I have to say also, when you guys posted that pic of him, that is NOT the same picture he had sent me! I was suprised! Well it sure would be nice to hear why he did this to people?? Then again, it's not like any of us could believe what he would come up with.

~Jill
Old 02-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #64
Kevin Price
Registered Member

OMG ITS ERIC! DAN, HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS PIC!!!

This here is Eric at The Rock. As soon as he completed this 6.30 pass only running off of a single shot and 7 cylinders, he drove the car to O'Reillys, bought some spark plugs, met a HOT chick and went to Dairy Queen where he proceeded to kick the crap outta 6 guys who were trying to pick up on his new girl.

My Car
Old 02-25-2003, 07:10 PM   #65
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

all i have to say is WOW, you expect to hear a little fibbing from some people from time to time, but thats just WRONG. WTF was he thinking.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
Old 02-25-2003, 07:37 PM   #66
lx5091
Registered Member

ROFLMFAO!

Kevin that was funny.

I guess I'm just a loser and I shouldn't post to this board 'cuz I only have a mustang with a stock motor. Maybe I'd be accepted if I had a 2.9 second 456MPH rocket with Leather seats to make the city driving nice! HAHAHA

oh boy, we're bad

'97 Saturn SL1--Soon to be ditched for a Ford!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 PM   #67
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default More Than Lying

First off, if Eric commits suicide over being busted lying on an internet message board, then he had a heck of a lot more going on than just this. I don't know whether lying and making up this alter ego was done as a joke or whether he created it out of some psychological problem. I'm not his psychiatrist (I'm assuming psychiatrist because he probably needed drugs too), and quite frankly, everything about him was destructive here.

How many people has he given bad information to? When he was posting garbage on a camshaft thread his talk seemed to carry quite a bit of weight, and he had several friends running interference for him as I picked him apart.

One of the biggest problems I've ever seen is people who talk completely out their hinder, and then have people who trust them follow that advice. Everybody makes mistakes, and many claim to know or think they know more than they do. That's what the rest of the members are for, to catch errors if they can, and to make sure the right information gets out. To go into a topic knowing you're going to lie throughout, and mislead somebody is just sick. People spend thousands of dollars on these cars, and giving bad information can totally destroy somebody's carefully laid plans.

I have been regarded as somebody who knows a lot about the Mustang, usually people are quick to point out they feel it's all technical even though I got tranny swaps down to under 3hrs with breaks, and I know 1/2 the bolt sizes on the Fox bodies by heart. Much of what I know is catered to my interests in cars, as is everybody else's. There are times I was wrong, and I hate being wrong, but I never went into topics intentionally trying to mislead people.

Bottom line is people like Eric destroy this hobby. Intentionally lying to people, causing rifts between enthusiasts, and making it less desireable to be a Mustang enthusiast. My interest in cars has waned significantly in the past few years, though I still support those who have such a dedication to the hobby. There will always be a natural cycle of people getting into and out of the tight knit groups of the car enthusiast world. With more pressure than ever on us, I don't really think people like Eric are needed to divide and destroy this hobby from the inside. To me, it's amazing he got away with it as long as he did, and I wish more people here would have given him the cold shoulder given the influential members of this board who have posted with their suspicions.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:02 PM   #68
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default Re: More Than Lying

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
People spend thousands of dollars on these cars, and giving bad information can totally destroy somebody's carefully laid plans.
If we made money like Eric, we wouldn't need to worry about it. BTW, did he ever say what his profession was? Just curious.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Old 02-25-2003, 09:10 PM   #69
srv1
Get down.....

Well Kell, he didnt ruin my plans at all. i never listened to him on any technical advice. He never made any sense. Maybe his name is not Eric. Who knows, who cares? I dont think he ruined anyones plans. He made no sense at all. Its just a big joke, and he is getting the last laugh.

So Kell, are you back or what?
Old 02-25-2003, 09:29 PM   #70
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

Default Re: Re: More Than Lying

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang_Crazy
If we made money like Eric, we wouldn't need to worry about it. BTW, did he ever say what his profession was? Just curious.
superhuman biological chemical engineering scientist?

LOL

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
Old 02-25-2003, 09:49 PM   #71
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Back?

The only reason I have posted was to discredit this loser. I rather enjoy my freedom from the Unit 5302 namesake on this board.

Unit 5302 is just a name, but whenever it pops up on here, it seems people already have an expectation of what to make of my posts. Regardless of intent, the posts are usually construed as malicious in nature. I spend so much time being defensive, that I wind up getting upset, and blasting back. It's not something I generally get much pleasure out of, and in many cases is not in line with my true personality.

I will admit, Eric4Nitrous on his own was a significant influence on why I left, but I'm tired of people reading too far into my posts. That, and normally, I have very little time to even moderate on TheMustang-Net, and the board is small as it is, lol. It may be worth noting I have participated in posting through 3rd parties, and the responses are vastly different than if I had posted myself, which I find somewhat humorous. By the way, I am NOT thisisnotcbring. He floated over to my board and posted a few times, then floated off. The guy was obviously cbring with an extremely lame disguise. In his posting on the 03 Cobra debacle it seems he lives in the same area with the same cars as cbring did. So I guess that's another person uncovered? LOL. Anyway, my interest in cars is not the same without the 87GT. The 02GT is just a car to me. Unless I somehow become more interested in cars again or suddenly have a weird change of heart, I don't intend on returning.

By the way, could somebody wish KillerCanary a happy birthday?
Old 02-25-2003, 10:30 PM   #72
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Kell- It seems like many people, including myself, would like to see you around more. How about just popping into the BOL and staying away from the technical forums?

Btw, I totally agree with your post. I know I rely heavily on the advice I get on MW. I trust the people here and expect that if a member is posting about a subject that they are knowledgeable. Although I don't give much advice in the Windsor forum, I try to make sure that when i do the information is accurate. I am sure I have given bad advice before, but never intentionally.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Old 02-26-2003, 07:38 AM   #73
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lx5091

I guess I'm just a loser and I shouldn't post to this board 'cuz I only have a mustang with a stock motor. Maybe I'd be accepted if I had a 2.9 second 456MPH rocket with Leather seats to make the city driving nice!
I have one of those... why don't you? Ok ok, I lied....

I don't have leather seats in it

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Old 02-26-2003, 08:55 AM   #74
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Unit5302- I didnt always agree with you but I respected you cause you always backed up your opinion with facts and took the time to do your homework.

I have to admit few people know the 5.0 as well as you.

Later,
Old 02-26-2003, 03:09 PM   #75
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Smile

Huh. Interesting thread. I don't hang out here much as I'm usually on the Female Power forum, so I missed all the bruhaha about Eric.

All I know is that he was supposed to meet up with me and Topless (when she was here in VA) and drive to a race together...maybe the Modular Shootout last June? Can't remember which race. Anyway, I had to think of a central location that was big enough so he could manoeuver the truck/trailer. I even sent him directions to our meeting place down to the number of traffic lights and where to turn, etc.

He never showed, never let us know he wasn't coming, and never explained why. I didn't think much about it at the time, but lo and behold, I come across this thread.

BS has a way of ALWAYS backfiring eventually.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Old 02-26-2003, 03:17 PM   #76
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

He told me he works in a chassis shop doing welding. I'm in love with 66-67 Novas. When he told me he had one, I told him I'd gladly buy a disposable camera, send it to him, with a return box already pre-paid, and I'd develop the film, just cause I thought I'd be a really nice car. He declined

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Old 02-26-2003, 05:14 PM   #77
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangmom2k
Huh. Interesting thread. I don't hang out here much as I'm usually on the Female Power forum, so I missed all the bruhaha about Eric.

All I know is that he was supposed to meet up with me and Topless (when she was here in VA) and drive to a race together...maybe the Modular Shootout last June? Can't remember which race. Anyway, I had to think of a central location that was big enough so he could manoeuver the truck/trailer. I even sent him directions to our meeting place down to the number of traffic lights and where to turn, etc.

He never showed, never let us know he wasn't coming, and never explained why. I didn't think much about it at the time, but lo and behold, I come across this thread.

Wow, I would have been pissed if I had gone out of my way for someone, and they just never showed.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:16 PM   #78
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangmom2k

After reading that, I dislike him even more. You don't tell people you are going to meet them somewhere and stand them up for no good reason. This guy sounds more like a loser the more I hear.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 08:39 PM   #79
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

I had oringinally decided not to get envolved, I have flamed on here more than once. JIMHOWARDPDX drove me crazy, I think of the mailman on cheers when I read his post. Eric pissed me off with the one that a E-cam fell off at 4500. And many other post that if he got on, I would not try to help. I am sure that I may have giving some not so great advice, but never with intent or to mean harm.

I even posted that I was getting a 10sec motor at one time, that fell through, I was offered it again tonight. I told the guy just to leave me alone, stuff happens, but ol Eric, he brought this on

Well the reason I am posting is to say that my wife and I are sitting in bed, with our stomachs and cheeks hurting from laughing so much. I have had to wipe my eyes and glasses several times. And I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making my night, I have not had so much laughter in quite a while.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:16 PM   #80
jj_jonathon
Trisket

he's sure as hell going out with a bang...look at this thread...lol

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
Closed Thread