MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2004, 02:00 PM   #21
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I am against gay marriage soley for religious reasons. I am against gay couples raising kids. The thought of gay people adopting really disturbs me. That is about as far as I want to go into it. Chris and Jim covered everything else.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:18 PM   #22
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs down

To answer the theme question: I do NOT agree with gay marriage, and not primarily for the economical implications discussed here.

And, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've had gay friends and even met an ex-gay guy (really). I truly love and like the individual, but hate the practice, yes, it's possible and I abhor any type of hate-related crimes. (Good, glad we got passed that, now maybe some people on here won't label me as an ignorant homophobic homosexual hater) The practice of homosexuality is wrong (and anyone has the right to call that my worthless opinion if they want, that's your right). I will never ACCEPT the practice of homosexuality including gay marriage-- I don't care what is popular or becoming more acceptable. My feelings will never change about that. There are just some things that are absolute in life. Some things we cannot sit back and just tolerate any and all. Even when the majority (or minority) puts forth pressure, I cannot reason away, yield to, and make excuses in favor of what is wrong. Sorry, that's not the way I live my life. Seems like everyone's trying to be everyone else's best bud. Remember, just in case you've forgotten (and you can believe this or not, your choice) it is not the people I dislike, it is the practice.

Ooooh, look at the 2, a man and a woman. Look at the sexual organs, one goes into the other. Long story short, fertilization takes place, an offspring is born. Not hard to figure out, guys, whatever you believe about God (religion) or the lack thereof.

Now look at the animals.

Now look at the flowers.

They know the answers. They aren't confused about the issue. But humans the highest lifeforms are still so blind, so driven by lust.... so rebellious.... Professing to be wise, they become foolish.

Also, it is very sad to see the argument being used regarding something such as the progression of equal rights for religion, race, and sex, then applying it to the current issue, gay marriage. For every good thing, there is a counterfeit.

I'm not really here to try and convince anyone why the practice of homosexuality is wrong. That would require more than a dissertation (which I am not prepared nor eager to write here) in which certain truths would just probably be systematically ridiculed and reasoned away. What it really comes down to is what one believes about truth whether it is absolute or whether it is relative and how serious and willing one is to find out what truth is and where to find it (whether you are a pluralist, atheist, relativist, privatist, secularist or what have you).

BTW, not trying at all to put anyone down here (I hope you know I respect all of you, regardless of your opinions), but to say that it doesn't affect you is to be indifferent and plainly ignorant (the word's denotation, not connotation, is intended). Tons of ignorant people, when asked about the war in Iraq, drug wars, toxic chemical dumps, pesticides used on U.S. farms, mad cow disease in England (yeah, England.... ), government corruption, U.S. security policy, etc, etc, say, "I don't care, it doesn't affect me." Well, hey, it affects me personally. It affects me because it will affect my kids. It affects me because it affects my friends and family. It affects me because it affects this nation and the way it's operated and the laws which govern it. It affects me b/c it affects others and I care about the well being of others.

...and it's funny how people will bring up the AIDS issue when talking about gays, yet at the same time run around having flagrant premarital sex and never bring it up when it comes to heterosexuals... Yeah......the gays aren't the only ones skewing the sanctity of sex and marriage.

But I can surely tell you one thing, though. I don't want any laying a FINGER on the constitution concerning this issue. If (when) they do, that will only be a beginning of the ruin of this nation (if it hasn't already begun).

.....put an atheist, a buddhist, a new ager, a politician, a teacher, a chimpanzee, and a pastor around a table in front of a public university audience and ask them what they think about gay marriage and the b4 anyone ever utters a word, the pastor is labeled as a biased religious fanatic.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:57 PM   #23
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I hate everyone equally. Especially this neighbor woman that calls my house every day to report something, GET A LIFE. Not sure what her deal is.

What was this thread about again?
Old 04-19-2004, 06:20 PM   #24
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Do not confuse BEHAVIOR with something that seems natural. Just because someone can not help something, does not make that behavior RIGHT. Imagine a child malester who defends his actions by saying "I am born that way!".

We are HUMANS not animals and our bahavior is chosen by us. Homosexuals and Hetrosexuals CHOOSE their bahavior even if they can not help what are their desires.

I have two daughters. If they turned out to be gay, I would still love them just as much, but I would NOT support their bahavior.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #25
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

As for people getting married for "obvious biological reasons", thats weak. Who was the last couple that you met (aside from those who did it for religious reasons because remember, this isnt a religious crusade) that got married just to have kids? I know many people who got married BECAUSE of biological reasons (she was pregnant which by the way is the worst reason to ever get married) but never some who got married FOR biological reasons. Many people get married as a show of their love and affection for one another. Others for financial reasons. Why are those reasons not good enough for everyone, just the ones who are doing the "morally right/politically correct" thing?
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:36 AM   #26
BLOCKER
Registered Member

I agree with may opinions already posted, there are mutilple valid sides to this subject, however, this may have already been mentioned but I would like to throw this opion out....

There currently is a divorce rate of about 60% (last I heard) too many people are taking the word marriage for less than it is worth. What ever happened to the days were you only got married once! I have seen too many people get married as a mariage of convienince not one of true love for eachother.

As far as the gay marriage issue goes, I can understand why they would want to get Married... however I don't have to agree with it. As far as there sexual practices go, they can do what ever they want in the bedroom as long as I don't have to hear or see it. In my opinion marriage is between a man and a woman who would like to spend their life together not a man an a man or woman and woman... they can be life partners for all I care but don't desicrate the sanctity of the word marriage... let them call it homoiage or something....

just my 2 cents
-2008 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200
-2008 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
-1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertable
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:13 AM   #27
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Blocker:

Great post! I agree.

Also to add, those of us who are married heterosexuals need to be careful pointing the finger to much at "alternative" marriages with such a crappy sucess rate. What, 50 - 60% of all marriages fail? How many more are plagued with aldultry?

This whole "Gay Marriage" issue is a logical sequence of the failures of our society that have already begun.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:19 PM   #28
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

One note prompted by the discussion about the high divorce rate: It's obvious that over the past 30 years or so, Americans have taken marriage far too lightly, thanks to a much more sexually permissive society, 'no-fault' divorce laws and what seems to be an ever-expanding aversion to taking personal responsibility for your actions. That needs to change. However, I fail to see why expanding the ancient and time-tested legal definition of marriage to now include same-sex couples is going to do one thing to strengthen the institution of marriage. On the contrary, it will weaken it by opening the definition of 'marriage' to include almost any sexual coupling that anyone wants to make. Renegade Mormons have already petitioned courts to allow them to marry multiple 'wives'. How can they be denied a marriage license once same-sex couples have been allowed to be called 'married' in the eyes of the law? They will claim to seek permission to 'love' whom they please and demand the right to be married legally - over and over again. How can you deny a marriage license to step-parents wanting to marry conscenting adult step-children? You can't and we won't.

You see, once you smash the barrier that reserves marriage for the obvious and natural mating of a man and a woman, anything goes - and it will. Gays poo-poo this and their advocates sneer at the idea but the fact remains that throwing out the natural and traditional definition of what marriage is and calling what amounts to a sexual perversion: 'marriage' will bring social consequences many will find repugnant. Too late, then.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #29
RBatson
Registered Member

I wasn't referring to the worldwide epidemic, I was talking about the Aids problem in this country. In this country it is Gay men and IV drug users that primarily get the disease. I've actually heard the statement "Statistically, a straight none drug using white male has more of a chance of getting breast cancer than HIV.". Not saying we don't have to worry about it, its still a threat, but its mostly the Gays and people sharing needles that tend to get it, in this country. Aids in this country

All the opinions are interesting. I personally don't care as long as its not forced on the general public. I really wish they would quit showing it on tv, it repulses alot of people. Gay pride?? WTH is there to be proud about?! Heeh, who cares?!

What does bother me is the fact that it is forced on the general public. There was a big fuss about a book a little 7yr old(or there abouts) girl that brought a book home from school. Her parents looked at the book the girl was reading and it was about 2 'Kings' that fell in love. The parents freaked out and refused to give the book back to the school, it made the national news. I think the book was called 'Two Kings' or something. I don't think elementary school students should be subjected to this. If I had a child in school and there were having a "Gay day", my child would not be in school that day. I'd probably take the day off and take the kid to the movies or something.

As far as it not being natural or seen in nature. Hmm.. No it really doesn't seem natural at all. Nuclear energy and electricity doesn't seem natural either. I'm not, by any means, condoning it but the arguement just doesn't hold up. You don't see black birds and blue birds mating yet this country is full of folks with mixed heritage. Its getting to the point where we can trace the family tree of our dogs better than our own.

I once would get irrate if I saw mixed couples or gays but I realized one day that it wasn't doing anything except to stess me out. I realized there was nothing I could do about it. Later I came to the realization that it made absolutely no sense what so ever to get upset about someone elses happiness.. something that didn't effect me.

I guess Joe said it best, live and let live.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #30
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
However, I fail to see why expanding the ancient and time-tested legal definition of marriage to now include same-sex couples is going to do one thing to strengthen the institution of marriage. On the contrary, it will weaken it by opening the definition of 'marriage' to include almost any sexual coupling that anyone wants to make.
Wow! You actually gave me a reason to reconsider my thoughts about it. I'd much rather see someone actually debate an issue than just get mad and toss around insults.. guess it only helps if someone is receptive to debate.

Quote:
Renegade Mormons have already petitioned courts to allow them to marry multiple 'wives'.
Umm... Mormons you say... I'm there!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #31
rsampson
Registered Member

Default Not Sure?

Umm... Mormons you say... I'm there! [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude, I just find out that you were married. Does your wife agree with this? If she did, you would be the "The Daddy". Gay marriage, not sure what to say on the subject. It is out there along with everything else. This world is turning into a very different world than what our parents had.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:39 PM   #32
rsampson
Registered Member

Default As cute as you are

Quote:
Originally posted by MissBlondie
Yeah the lady almost messed up one of my nails when she told me this. WOOOO close call!
If you look anything like you cartoon picture I am sure your nails are fine too.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #33
BLOCKER
Registered Member

MR 50 & xxxblakexxx:

- both have alot of insight and I agree with the whole down fall of society problems you have brought up.

MR 50:
- further to that society in general does not accept responsibly for it actions as a whole, working as a police officer I see this every day I go to work... frankly it sickens me.

Rbatson
- I totaly agree with the forcing it down our throats issue, If these same sex couple (again in my opinion) want to spend their lives together, there is nothing stopping them... They can co-sign for a morgage, sleep in the same bed, snuggle at night.... whatever. But lets face it, the reason this is an issue is because these same sex couples want the benifit of being married, they want to claim spousal discounts on their taxes, receive medical benifts through health care/work.. etc...

-as far as the nature comment, your right nuclear energy ect.. is not natural however things like electricity, nuclear power, the wheel, sliced bread... are all products of intelecual development... when it comes to issues surrounding sex there are more than just intelectual development at work, there is cultural taboos, values, instinct, chemicals in the brain... there are so many outside influences that affect us from the minute we are born that is extremely difficult to decipher what caused this person to do something so "un natural"

-with peoples reactions on this subject there is allways the people who will make a joke or insult... because of the subject and the senitive nature thereof one should expect the odd jab here and there....

again my 2 cents...
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:52 AM   #34
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOCKER

Rbatson
- I totaly agree with the forcing it down our throats issue, If these same sex couple (again in my opinion) want to spend their lives together, there is nothing stopping them... They can co-sign for a morgage, sleep in the same bed, snuggle at night.... whatever. But lets face it, the reason this is an issue is because these same sex couples want the benifit of being married, they want to claim spousal discounts on their taxes, receive medical benifts through health care/work.. etc...
Exactly, I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't cost us anything. If somebody would come out with the figures on what it would cost the rest of us, then I think you would see the revolt on this. It would go kinda like this, "Not in this country pal!"

Quote:
-as far as the nature comment, your right nuclear energy ect.. is not natural however things like electricity, nuclear power, the wheel, sliced bread... are all products of intelecual development... when it comes to issues surrounding sex there are more than just intelectual development at work, there is cultural taboos, values, instinct, chemicals in the brain... there are so many outside influences that affect us from the minute we are born that is extremely difficult to decipher what caused this person to do something so "un natural"
Wow dude, you hit it right on the head! You can't compare what people do with what happens in nature, that was my point. If marriage between two people of the same sex is immoral, hell they already are immoral. Do I care? I don't.

Quote:
-with peoples reactions on this subject there is allways the people who will make a joke or insult... because of the subject and the senitive nature thereof one should expect the odd jab here and there....
Actually, my comment on having a debate on a subject, instead of insults, was stemmed from another thread.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #35
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: Not Sure?

Quote:
Originally posted by rsampson

Dude, I just find out that you were married. Does your wife agree with this?
Why, what have you heard?
Old 04-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #36
rsampson
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Not Sure?

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
Why, what have you heard?
I just heard you were married. I was talking on the chat line with a couple of members about this gay marriage thing. Of course, then we got on the subject of having more than one wife at a time. That would be cool to have a variety every night or so. One of the members said that you were married.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #37
srv1
Get down.....

I really dont care who marries who. As long as everyone pays their dues and it doesnt affect society as a whole, then anyone should get married to whomever they please. It really doesnt affect people besides the hate for people who believe in something different which brings it to personal bias rather what is right or wrong. I dont think being gay is right but who is has the right to differ? Everyone does. Lets keep it that way and be American about it if you want to be equal since we are Americans and that is one of our stong beliefs, right?

James
Old 04-23-2004, 09:49 AM   #38
RBatson
Registered Member

Well, seeing as visiting a strip club is cheating, in her mind.. I would think not.

The mormon comment was a joke
Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 AM   #39
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
I really dont care who marries who. As long as everyone pays their dues and it doesnt affect society as a whole, then anyone should get married to whomever they please. It really doesnt affect people besides the hate for people who believe in something different which brings it to personal bias rather what is right or wrong. I dont think being gay is right but who is has the right to differ? Everyone does. Lets keep it that way and be American about it if you want to be equal since we are Americans and that is one of our stong beliefs, right?

James
Right on!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:18 PM   #40
rsampson
Registered Member

Default re

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
Well, seeing as visiting a strip club is cheating, in her mind.. I would think not.

The mormon comment was a joke
Well in my experience most women don't like their man going to a strip club. You can get by with it when you are just a boyfriend. When they are your wife, that is another story all together. You know thou, if I was married, I would not want my wife going to a strip club. It is alot of temps going on in those placing if you know what I mean. Anyway, I liked the mormon comment. I also heard that you lucked out with the wife. I heard she is a fox.