MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unhappy Had a rose, but no one to give it to.

Well, I got kinda dressed up tonight to go to the hangout. Wore alittle cologene, and bought a single red rose.

I was all hyped up about meeting this FireBird Girl, so excited. I had been waiting all week, counting down the days. I was so looking foward to seeing her this weekend.

9:00, I arrive at the parking lot. Dont see her car. A few Firebirds, not many at all. I leave the rose in the car, put it on the Driver's seat (Part of a plan I had.).

I go and mingle with the guys. 9:30. Still no sign. I begin to get that feeling in my stomach.

9:45 Nope. Not there, but a few of the Firebird gang so she is a real busy person, with Law School, her job and a child and all. They tell me not to take it personally, that she just gets real busy. They tell me they'll tell her I was out there and had asked.

10:00 I begin to feel stupid. Everyone rags on me for getting stood up. Good thing they didnt know I had even brought a rose, but they find out later. She probably had more important things to do. i kinda become the joke of the night. Guess they didnt know it actually hurt my feelings. Oh well.

10:15ish, the few firebird people that are there come over to talk to me. Guess they saw that I was alittle down. They tell me agian not to take it personally, and begin to give me some insight on this girl. She doesnt party (Which I dont anymore, so thats a plus.) Doesnt go clubbing (Which I find clubbing as boring.) She seems and sounds real level headed and nice.

The rest of the night, everyone that comes in asks where "My girl" is. I just shrug my shoulders and look stupid. I still look at the road, hoping that she pulls in. She doesnt. Maybe next weekend. Or maybe she didnt want to see me. The Firebird people say its not that. I dont know.

Later on, one of the guys asks if he can sit in my car to see how the new stangs feel. I tell him sure, he opens the door and almost sits on the rose. He picks it up and asks infront of everyone "What the *****, who and where's the girl?" The guys look at me and just give me this "Opps" look.

I just grab it and thow the damn thing on the windshield of my car.

Man, I didnt even feel like racing tonight. Had a few chances but turned them down. My mind was elsewhere.

Oh well. Maybe next weekend.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 03:19 AM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Hey Merc it sounds like your beating your self up for no reason. The people who hang out with her said she just gets busy sometimes. From what you said she has to do, that sounds very easy for her to get caught up. I'll bet you $10 bucks she'll be there next week(just get her number this time)

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #3
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

yeah merc she will be there next week

don't get to down
Old 12-16-2001, 09:05 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Unhappy

man, i hate that for you merc maybe something did come up ,that had her busy but i hope it works out for you,man i know you will be ok,yeah next time get her # those guy's shouldnt have ragged on you man better luck next weekend see ya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 09:54 AM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Nah' don't worry man, the firebird guys know her best. You have to understand she is probably busy she is a single mom going to school and working too. But I know what your feeling, not a very nice one at all. A those guys ragging on you I know couldn't of made it feel better but they're just jealous cause ya're getting the girl. Don't worry man everything will be fine. =)

Take Care,

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 02:13 PM   #6
srv1
Get down.....

Unhappy

well Merc, i tried to tell ya not to get your hopes up. i have been there more times you can shake a stick at. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!! as for her not showing up, the guys are probably right. if she has a kid and is going to school, she is very busy. just wait it out and see what happens. from what i read, i dont think she is as serious as you are. meaning that you REALLY like her and she just may think you are pretty cool for now. you get what i am saying? just try to relax and TRY not to think of her so much, (i know that is hard as hell to do!) it will lessen the blow for you. i bet her buddies may see her and tell her that you were waiting for her and they will probably tell her about the rose. so if she knows that you are interested, she most likely may show up next weekend. i feel bad for ya. it happens to all of us though! uggh! that feeling that you get when your heart just drops! you know what i mean. good luck Merc
Old 12-16-2001, 03:39 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hey Srv.

Sadly, I know your right. It didnt cross my mind, but I'm probably alot more interested than she is. I feel stupid, I feel like a loser. I always get my hopes so high, and then get them dropped like a lead ballon. I set my self up for such heart ache. Once again, I'm a glutton for punishment.

I dont know why I do such stupid things. Who in the hell would want to waste there time on such an imature, little, lost, disturbed guy anyway. I wear my damn heart on my sleeve, and am to open.

She probably did have something else to do. I dont really doubt that, what bothers me is myself. I dont know why, I hardly know this women, but I'm falling for her. My instinct tells me she's someone special.

I got the same feeling with my most recent Ex. While me and her have went seperate ways, she is a real special person. We just didnt have much in common, and had to many communication problems that could not be overcome or understood. I have nothing bad to say about her.

Anyway, now that I think about it, the flower was a stupid idea. Everything I do is stupid. Why even bother caring.

Maybe next weekend, maybe not. I'll do the same thing, and feel the same way unfortunatley. I'll probably end up with another flower with no one to give it to next weekend.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 04:58 PM   #8
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Thumbs up

Don't get too down!! It was just one night , there will always be next week end. And single roses are not that expensive. Keep that chin up man. Jonathan
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 05:09 PM   #9
bri32z
street racing junkie

Merc---things have a way of working themselves out. One can not force a relationship or hope too much. Just go about your daily routine and it will happen in time. Everone has a soul mate out there and you will find her or him (J/K about him) 35 yrs on this earth and it took me 30 to find mine. Or I might say we found each other. You and the girl that will be your soul mate will know when it is right. It will be love at first sight for the both of ya. After I met my wife_jennifer we have not been apart one day.
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 05:40 PM   #10
srv1
Get down.....

Default down and out..

sorry you feel that way Merc. didnt want you take it as a negative way. cheer up, she isnt the only one. besides, you only talked to her once, correct? plus it is the holiday season too, so she is probably more busy now. you are only a loser if didnt attempt to try. you didnt fail. you got to give it some time.
oh and the rose thing. in my personal experience in the past, i would give the girl a flower. not no more! most but not all, take it as you being serious and get scared away! honestly i know! not saying what you did was a bad idea, but most see that as being "serious". if you really want to give her a flower, give her a carnation. a simple flower like the carnation means that you like her, a rose means something serious. well that is from my personal experience and i know that doesnt apply to all women, but most that i have encouneted have said so. just trying to help you out. i didnt mean any negative aspects at all, just advice. be patient......
Old 12-16-2001, 05:56 PM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Mercury:

Sorry about your depression over what didn't happen Saturday night. It's understandable.

I think you may be setting your expectations too high, based on some 'looks' and a good conversation. Don't place so much weight on one meeting. This scares off otherwise interested girls and makes you appear overbearing and, well, desperate. Obviously not a good idea.

Relax, don't make this girl the center of your universe at this very early state. Keep trying but don't make a possible meeting the focal point of your week. Things happen.
Make yourself available to see her again, for sure, but if it doesn't happen, don't view it as a personal judgement against you. She may have simply forgot, been busy, even ill. Who knows?

Try to be positive and expect good things to happen.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 06:21 PM   #12
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default Hey merc

dont get your self down. we had fun remember us starting all that crap with Mr. BAD *** 99 COBRA. She will be out there next week. and hey we got in a little race going home with a SUZIKI STATION WAGON AND A GS ECLIPSE. The suziki tried to do a fly by and we just downshifted in the gt and were gone.

I hope to see you next weekend dont know if we will be out there make sure you guys look after mr. 99 cobra's kids so he can get his *** kicked by alan.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #13
TXinPA
Registered Member

since you have recently become single again, i'd leave things wide open, date around some, play around some, etc. if you meet someone that is just as intrested as you are, then go for it.

hehe, thats what i did...........

TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 07:47 PM   #14
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Relax, you're golden...

^--off of Dumb & Dumber......

But seriously, man, I bet it was something that just came up for her and she wasn't able to come. That's not a bad sign. A bad sign would be her showing up and just completely blowing you off, maybe saying hi, then just hanging out with her 'Turd guys and not you. Don't worry until THAT happens!

Good luck with next weekend. Keep us posted too man. I would skip the flower thing until a couple more weeks down the road maybe. Just hang out with her a little bit, talk, get her digits, and see what happens.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 07:51 PM   #15
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Dude, almost every single post of yours that I see is either complaining about women, your old girlfriend, being alone etc etc etc. I think the root of your problem is that you can't be alone, or least it completely seems that way, (sorry if I'm way off).

I think the number one turnoff I've ever experienced is someone that is wayyyyyy too interested. Trust me, I don't play the ooo-he-likes-me-too-much games but if someone is scary-interested, it really puts me off. I just wanted someone that thought I was really neat, and wanted to get to know me better. We loooooove you guys to be interested, but a pushover, no...

Also, if any of these guys are jerks, they will talk about how you were sweating her all night, and you could consider it blown already. Women basically want what men want...a person that is good to them, but not a doormat. Not too wussy, but also not afraid to be human. I think maybe if you worried about other things besides chicks, you'd probably be a much happier person. I too, used to think that line about finding the person you love when you arent looking was COMPLETE bullsh!t, but sure enough, I met the man of my dreams when it was the last thing on my mind
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:24 PM   #16
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

How old are you Belle?

I've noticed in most of your posts you've sounded very distinguished and intelligent. In your picture you look like a teenager. But your writing sounds like that of a much older and more knowledgable person. You have also talked about finding "the person of your dreams." That's not typical of a teenager.

Can you fill me in? <---Craig David is a homo.....hehe....j/k
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 10:44 PM   #17
98stangergirl
Registered Member

Well, Iam sorry that happened to u . But understand that sometimes things come up. But u will find the right person who will be your soulmate and you will feel it and know it. Hope everything works out for you
Old 12-16-2001, 11:20 PM   #18
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

First of all giver her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she was busy or something happened. Ask her. If her story sounds fishy, give her up. You are too good for her. Dont trip over her, you'll only make yourself miserable. What hurts you can only make you stronger
*haley*
Old 12-17-2001, 04:52 AM   #19
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Well thank you very much. I'm 20 going on 39...

I turn 21 in June, and I have my immature moments, but I grew up very quickly, and I am actually glad for it when I see my fellow college students and the way they conduct themselves Talk about immature brats thinking with the wrong body parts and knowing NOTHING about "real life". I also believe that its possible to find the person of your dreams at any age, but you need to be intelligent/mature enough to see it, or it will surely get away before you even realized what you had.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 05:15 AM   #20
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I'm Sorry Merc. I have to agree with everyone else. I'd dtill go next weekend, buy a flower, a yellow one, not a red one, too soon for that. Dress up a a little, but not a tux, just something a little interesting, something u can race in too. Don't worry about what they say to you, they are jelous at u. U got the looks, the car, and the women, I'd be jelous too, wait, I am.

Also, take Mustangbelle306 advise, she Obviously knows what she's talking about. But what ever u do, don't give up. I think I do that too often and lose out cause of it. But your not me.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote