MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Poll: Would you be interested in a cheap turbo kit
Poll Options
Would you be interested in a cheap turbo kit

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2002, 01:40 AM   #21
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Hey Inferno if all your are going to run is 7-9psi. run Twin 13g's that would be more than enough flow and i know they can push that cfm well. or 15g's.

As far as single or Twin....why one or the other...where is my i live both choice??

1996 SC300 5spd ~"Some Mods" **cough**

1987 Pontiac Fiero Project. Ask for Details
ItzDaLexus300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:19 PM   #22
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

I'm interested, but only as my budget permits. Which means we're probably looking at summer of 2004
Old 10-21-2002, 03:39 PM   #23
exgmguy
Registered Member

A couple turbos from a 2.3l Ford will work wonders. You can still find them dirt cheap, and if you are good with a wrench and a welder the rest is almost free. There is tons of junkyard turbo on the web. I am thinking of putting my Novi 1000 on my convertible, and doing a JYTT on my faster car.

1989 Mustang notchback
Warmed up 306 with a Procharger.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:38 PM   #24
93calcobra
Registered Member

if theres a waiting list put me on it iwant one
2003 lincoln ls
93calcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 12:54 AM   #25
1969 Stang
Registered Member

so whats going on with the twin turbos for the 5.0's and stuff....just wondering...i just need the manifolds...i have a pair of t3s

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #37
1969 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 02:53 PM   #26
Z28EATR
Registered Member

Default its turbo

right now i.t.s. turbo in ohio has a tt 5.0 kit for 2895 right now. what is included in your setup. Theres has about everything except fuel management components and ecu adjustement components.
Best 60ft 2.19 YUK!!!!
Best Mph 98.9

Slicks
13.86 @ 97.9 mph
60ft 1.93 yeah!!!
Mod Specs
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 08:11 PM   #27
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:
Originally posted by exgmguy
A couple turbos from a 2.3l Ford will work wonders. You can still find them dirt cheap, and if you are good with a wrench and a welder the rest is almost free. There is tons of junkyard turbo on the web. I am thinking of putting my Novi 1000 on my convertible, and doing a JYTT on my faster car.
I wonder if a 2.3 turbo would work on a v-6?

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:51 PM   #28
Drewkeen
Registered Member

run twin T3's off a small dodge turbo car
or run one large .60/.63 off a turbo 2.3L, in low boost forms, it will be plenty or turbo, id say 14-15 psi
black on black 96 cobra #2593
Rice Hater's Club #54
Drewkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 02:22 AM   #29
Reddogg7885
Registered Member

I love naturally aspirated serious hp. Big heads, cams the size of cranks and just as much fuel dripping out of the exhaust as is goin in the intake, which is just a shinny trash can!! But should a reasonably priced turbo set-up for Carbureted 302-351 show its pretty face I'd be tempted to nibble, My motor still isn't in the car but I know there wont be enuf vrooom and I refuse to use juice. As soon as my pony hits the street I know I'll be lookin for another block to start on, and why not a force fed-punched-out-351. If you build it they will come!!

Last edited by Reddogg7885; 04-21-2003 at 02:30 AM..
Reddogg7885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:30 PM   #30
Drewkeen
Registered Member

youre better off doing a 302 TT as they can hold boost better than 351 blocks can.

they can help you with blow-through carb setups and are highly knowledgable guys.
black on black 96 cobra #2593
Rice Hater's Club #54
Drewkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #31
dude2111
Registered Member

Default Re: Cheap twin turbo kit

What about a Hellion turbo system. Its pretty much bolt-on andy they have system for most mustangs.
dude2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #32
STRLING
Registered Member

I know this is probally not where I have to post this but I have a question for all of you I have done alot of research on this and have not found that it can be done for the year of my car and I WANT to do it. I have a V6 2003 Mustang and I want to Twin Turbo it. Now if anyone can help me out with this throw me some ideas I have gone on Fords website and they want to do it for the 2010 but have not be able to do it yet with out blowing the motor. Now there has to be away to do it I think with enough gear heads and enough time we can figure it out. So please help. Thanks for any help with this.
STRLING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #33
capri351
Registered Member

y buy urs when i could buy 3 off ebay for the same price
capri351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #34
The_Nightmare_347
Rev. Magus M. Douglas Hockett

Hellion Twin Turbo Systems for you, and sigh, me formerly, DOHC Boys (Dont ask what happened to my DOHC, I still cry...)
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #35
Cparkinson
Registered Member

I was just watching a video trying to promote a synchronic BOV for a turbo system. The pitch is that with this fancy setup you can regain the lost throttle response and un-loaded fuel economy you lose with the turbo/piping clogging up the air intake. That one video sold me on NA power for good.

Turbos are not for this motor head.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #36
The_Nightmare_347
Rev. Magus M. Douglas Hockett

Talking Re: Cheap twin turbo kit

Dear CParkinson,

First, let me tell you I have a lot of years of experience, both in mechanics and in racing, both on the streets, and a few times here and there on tracks. I am perhaps the newbie to this message board, but I am no newbie when it comes to designing, building, and racing fast ford and muscle mustangs (along with my mopar and h-d, of course [I am not a "Ford" Person, I am a Shelby Person, and since he worked for Ford, Dodge, Plymouth, etc. I keep my Fords proudly right along side my Dodges and Plymouths, and those next to my Harleys]).

I have done turbo systems, I have done supercharger systems, I have done nitrous on n/a systems, and I have done strictly n/a systems. I can tell you each is different, you drive each differently, each handles different, each has its positives and negatives, and in the end, it all depends on what you want, what kind of driving you are going to be doing, and what is permitted by the rules of the organizations you will be racing under, if you are.

This being said, personally, when I had half ownership of Xtreme Auto Sport and Care LLC in Cincinnatti (before the business partner took off with the prototype I put over $65,000 into and my shop manuals, my tools, my everything - even the award plaque that we won for my design implementation on the K20 Killa Kid [so they named the 04 Honda Civic Si Turbo/Nitrous Direct Port/Nitrous Intercooled 646 rwhp/427tq monster that prototype was]) I had built some rather famous vehicles, and was even dubbed by Joe Alvarez of Alvarez Cylinder Head Technologies in the Bay Area of Ca. as "The person who designs and builds what nobody ever thought to". The K20 Killa Kid, for example, had GReddy Profec B Stand along engine management, on out to a RS Wastegate and Blowoff Valve, on out to a T3-4 Hybred Turbo, on out to 3" piping they did not even have the specs for and sent us diagrams for an Acura RSX-X (which by the way does not come CLOSE to the space you have to work with in a civvy hatch of those years), but we had to fabricate, nearly all pieces by hand, that went to the tubing on that turbo system.

You go where the money is as a shop owner, and that is what puts your next meal on the table, the next trip to the vet for the familiar (I am sorry but I refuse to call animals 'pets'), the next present for the woman of my life, etc., etc., etc. Where I owned shops, mostly mommy and daddy's boys wanted turbo systems. I learned to design them and build them well, therefore. Personally, I am much more a supercharger person, and I am well known to be a bottle head, and juice, aka the need for speed, person on the tracks. I will NOT, however, use any of that on the streets. Be well bros. Keep the rubber side down.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: