MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2002, 03:33 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Exclamation Z28 Losses Control and Wrecks infront of me!

Today (Friday) on my way to work, I wittnessed first hand how dangerous the combination of Powerfull car and Moron driver can be.

I was driving to work, minding my own bussiness, enjoying the unexpected warm weather, with my windows down and my oldies CD spinning in the player. I was excited, Saturday is just a day away, and Saturday, I get to see Marya again.

Traffic was heavy, its Military Pay Day. Traffic is always heavy on Pay Day Fridays. Cars stacked up at one of the bussiest intersections here in town. Morganton and Skibo (Near our mall). I tucked in behind what looked like a brand spankin new White LS-1 Z28.

I noticed the guy is looking at my car in her rear view, instinctively, I turn off the Radio. Sure enough, I wasnt disapointed. I heard a Rev, and watched his car torque. Under his watch, I make a yawning gesture and give him the brush off wave. Another time he revs, I shake my head no. Not at this time of day, in this traffic, at this intersection. NO WAY. I learned my lesson two Tuesdays ago, not to even consider it.

Then, I distant rumbling can be heard, more like felt. Over the buzz of near by Stereos booming, I heard a low frequency that didnt quite fit in with the rythm, then I felt it. I looked in my rear view and saw a 2nd Gen Camaro behind me. Sounded pretty healthy. I wasnt really intimidated, but it did sound pretty nice.

"Man, why couldnt this be a Saturday night." I thought outloud. I thought of the potential fun there was to be had in this situation.

The light turns green. The White new Camaro Z28 slowly pulls out, no hard acceleration, no nothing. No big deal, I wasnt going to race anyway. The lane opens to my right, so I get over in it.

Not driving aggressively, or fast, I slowly neander by the white LS-1. The 2nd Gen Camaro stayed behind the LS-1. White Z28 to my left, in the straight lane, me in the center straight lane, and then a 80's Blazer pulls out uphead and occupies the Right straight lane.

Just as I pass the Z28 (WHite LS-1) I hear him floor it. I gather he was holding it in first. He shoots past me, and cuts the car hard infront of me, cutting me off.

Well, this is where things get intersting. Still accelerating rapidly, he obviously over shoots into the other lane, and rather than put the brakes on to avoid the Blazer, he whips the car back to the left, still under full throttle. He looses control! My mind thought, This can not be happening right in front of me.

I let off the throttle completely and begin slowing down because I knew what was going to happen. The guy slides sideways across two other lanes, just avoiding hitting cars sitting in the turning lane. Still under the gas, he tries to correct it, and goes flying back to the right............And under great speed, Slams sides with the Blazer. He hits the Blazer so hard, both cars lift off the ground a few inches, and the blazer gets shoved into the curb. Of course the energy from the impact deflects the Camaro back into the left lanes where he does a 360.

Tire Marks every where. I watched as mirrors and bumpers fell off, Hell, I had to dodge them. I glance over at the Lady driving the Blazer (At least it looked like a Lady), she was alive. I looked over at the Z28 dude and he had this dumb look on his face, but he was alive, so with a split seconds judgement, I kept on trucking. I will tell you all why.

Shortly afterwards, the Rumpity 2nd Gen Z28 pulls up beside me. I look over at him and yell over.

"Hey, werent that some S##T. What a Moron."

"Man, We just ran from the scene of an accident. Thats illegal." He says back with this blank look.

"No we didnt. I wasnt directly involved in the accident, you werent involved in it. We wittnessed it, but werent part of it. Thats not running from the scene of an Accident. Anyways man, what do you think the Cop would think when he see's a wrecked LS-1 Z28, a Bright Red modified loud New GT, and a Rumpity Old Camaro????" I yell back.

He looks at me and says "Good point man, Good thinkin."

"Hey, Do you know what happens when your racing on the street and you wreck into someone? You can get charged with ManSlaughter Dude. I'm not going to take the chance of gettin Falsely charged." I then wave, beep and drive off. Of course the whole time I was afraid peopel might be following me taking my plate number down because they may of thought I was involved.

I half way expected to get a phone call from the City Police while at work, or have the City Police come to my work.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 03:41 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Oh, my I add that the LS-1 looked to be pretty toast. Not only did it destroy that side of the body, but it also manged to knock the rear axle all out of whack. It appeared to be totalled. I didnt get much of a look at the blazer.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:47 AM   #3
PKRWUD

Must have been a "Friday" thing. i saw this one today while on my way to Moorpark to work on the Sprint car. I didn't see the actual collision, but i saw the dust flying. If I had been 15 seconds farther down the road, she would have hit me:

http://www.staronline.com/vcs/county...010939,00.html

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 03:58 AM   #4
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

I think it is a law in some states to render aid if you see an accident victim, but in a busy intersection, someone will make a call im sure, plus, the cop probaly would have tried to coearst you into saying he was racing or something.

man i'll tell ya, there has been quite a few idiots down here lately, some dragracing deaths, and just some camaros/stangs speeding and hitting poles, these people need to understand the power of their cars. after what happened to you recently, now this?? i been staying on the track lately, even on a safe backroad, streetracing is dangerous, the law will come down harder on someone like me, saying i should know better at 23yrs old.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 04:13 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Gezz, Merc all kind of weird stuff happens to you.

Being in high school i, all to often, see the affects of idiot drivers who don't know what the crap they're doing. I'll give ya one to ponder on. This guy in a 94 Z-28 leaves to school parking lot, in the rain, starts making the 90 degree turn to enter the main road, then revs it up and pops the clutch. Of course it spun around and smacked a Z-71. His excuse, "Man the rear-end just came around." Gee, I wonder why

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:34 PM   #6
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

dang, merc, u get all the fun man.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 01:27 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
dang, merc, u get all the fun man.
Depends on what you consider fun.

Now, if the guy took me out too, then there would be a diffrent ending to the story, and diffrent Title. Like "Mercury getsArrested for beating the TAR out of person who hit his car."

It wasnt a young kid either, looked like around my age, Military Hair cut, and Ohio Tags make me almost 100 percent sure he was military.

I need to put one of those little Cameras on the front of my car, like the ones the cops have. I would have some awesome footage of all kinds of stuff. Hell, I would have my own site. Everything from Midget Circus's to Preachers yelling at me and calling me the White Devil (Yes, I have been called that twice before by a certian religion that has guys selling papers on Saturday and Sundays at this intersection.)
Old 03-02-2002, 02:30 PM   #8
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

man ,i guess your kinda lucky that you didn't race him .........he woulda probly hit you

i go out cruising on fri-sat nights ,there's alot of street racing that goes on and it's like amazing how far the depths of stupidity can go..........most times i just watch ,when it gets late and the traffic thins out then i'll go and play ,but it's allway's wise to size up the situation before stomping on it .....it's not worth risking damage to the car or me just to prove my car is faster...........around here at the local cruising strip at about 12:30-1:30 in the morning the traffic claers out and alot of the local cruisers will play.......it's a little safer then ........the roads are usually emty........latly ive been seeing the trend of peaple racing earlyier in the night ..........not cool ,whats going to happen is somone will mess up ,hurt somone and screw things up for everybody.......the local law is pretty leanent torwards cruising and hot rods but if somone winds up hurting somone ,then they will wind up cracking down on all the hot rodders.......the same senario has happend in many cool cruising spots in pa ..........right now the law lets us hang out and i even think they let us race somtimes as long as were not being real stupid about it .........but judging by the stupid things i've been seeing latly around here the leanient law won't last .........makes me want to beat up the typical moron that does stupid things like blasting sideway's past some inocent soccer mom and damn near hitting ten cars -just to show off-..........this is the type of stuff i've been seeing latly ......i know it's just a matter of time before they pass anti-cruising laws
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 03:55 PM   #9
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Clean living pays off for Merc!

Merc:

Whoa! Scary situation seeing a 'potential' challenger wipe out big-time right in front of you!

I've seen it too, but not for quite awhile.
Some guys just don't get it and think they can control any driving situation, but under acceleration in a powerful machine, things happen way too fast. One mistake in judgement and it can be over, as it was for the Camaro guy who ended up sitting there with a wrecked car, tickets and insurance problems to come, saying:"It all happened so fast"!

No kidding, Bozo. What do they think will happen when you floor a high-performance V-8 musclecar - in traffic?

Yeah, I've done it too but I stopped a long time ago after a few 'close ones' that woke me up to the danger of 'playing' on crowded roads and in congested areas.

Glad you weren't suckered into this mess (by default) and got away O.K., as you really weren't culpable. Good object lesson for all of us - if we still need one.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 07:02 PM   #10
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

wow your lucky merc i still dont have my car back .but i wasnt racing ,just going into a left turn ,it was a freak left front blowout =goodyear's suck,glad you were not involved, feel sorry for the lady in the blazer, chatt town isnt any better, i have seen citydiot's go 3 lanes across just to get where they are going, i change brake pad's alot , i wonder why when the weather get's worse - people go faster ,l8ter

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 12:59 AM   #11
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That's crazy stuff man, you get into some crazy adventures. You should have a biography on your life. =) A buddy of mine got t-boned yesterday too. I went to see him at work and I'm like why so sad and he asked if I seen his car, I'm like yeh but I never noticed the dent that was like 5 feet long and pushed in like 6 inches. Either way he has to see what the damage cost is but I'm figuring they will probably write off his vehicle. He can't open the drivers side doors. He drives a '95 Intrepid. And it was his fault so his parents are pretty damn pissed since he had a $400 (canadian) speeding ticket a month and abit ago.

Take it easy,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:58 AM   #12
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Heh, mr 5 0 reminds me, i had some close ones, younger days, as like 16-17 we were stupid, didnt need fast cars at that age, but we had them, I sat and watched my friend showing off in a t/a from my front porch, i sold him the car a month before.

He burned off, rapidly accelerating, didnt realize how fast the stop sign was coming, and tried to stop, locking up the brakes, (I was watching this from my frontyard) jumped the road, and into a ditch, then into a fence post, somehow he drove it back to my driveway, i heard metal clanking, and dragging, broke exhaust noises, the frame was bent where the fenders meet the door, window was smashed, he got out with a gapeing gash on his forehead where he met the steering wheel, some scared moments, A lecture from county sherriff, and 8 stiches later, we were already deciding on what car the motor was going in next.....glad I value my stang much more than that old t/a, i leave wot runs for the track.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote