MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Question ABC Exclusive

I want to order a new hood from ABC Exclusive and they advertise that they have all the highest quality stuff and they come all prepped and ready to put on and paint. Now, I just heard from a pretty reliable source (Unit) that he heard the quality isn't all that good. Has anyone heard the same or have had some direct contact with the company? I want to know before I order the new hood.

Thing is, it sucks if it turns out that that place has crappy stuff because they are the only place I've found that has the hood I want (Cobra SS), and I want it REALLY bad, but i'm not going to sacrifice quality just for a bit of a new look.

Anyone? Please gimme some info.
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

Well, I dont know personally about the quality of ABC Exclusives hoods, but I believe I remember people complaining about them, comparing them to Cincinnati composites.

I do have to wonder how you can consider Unit a reliable source though? That is the real question hear.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 02:25 PM   #3
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

I can help ya, Tod! I have direct, first person experience with ABC. Have no fear! And, BTW, I LOVE that Cobra SS hood, but nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention it! They think I'm talking about a Chevy! Or do I mean the Cobra R hood?, etc.

Anyway, my son ordered a Cobra R hood and a Saleen wing from them for his 87 GT. The fit was perfect, and the finish was ready to prime. We primed and painted the hood, put it on, and voila! Perfect. Same with the wing. Their customer service has been good (I emailed them asking about the Cobra SS hood for my year car and got a prompt reply). The shipping was fast, and the carton was in good shape when it arrived (not beat up and ghetto). We have been very pleased with ABC!

I have heard others say that their bumpers don't fit very well and that they're a biotch to put on. My son also ordered a Cobra rear bumper, and a front bumper from them, but they're not on the car yet. They're sitting in the basement waiting for the weather to warm up for painting, so I can't tell you first hand about the fit. They look great, though!

They are nothing AT ALL like Cincinnatti Composites! Why, the very idea! Go ahead and order your hood. Tell Unit that Mom said so.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies

Last edited by Mustangmom2k; 03-02-2002 at 02:33 PM..
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 09:13 AM   #4
Five0
Registered Member

I will second that, I have one on my coupe and the fit was great, no waves and ready to paint.

I was a little nervous about ordering from them but I am glad that I did.

Everything Mustangmom2k said!
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:14 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

if anybody know's then it's mom2k that's the fact jack.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
...I do have to wonder how you can consider Unit a reliable source though? That is the real question hear.
Yeah, I'll second that notion, he never knows what he's talking about... oh wait a sec.. DANG IT.

I didn't have any first person experience, which is why I told him to post.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

ok unit

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:16 AM   #8
Tod
Registered Member

whew, this site just keeps steppin up to the plate for me. MOM2k i'll take your advise and order the hood in the next week, i greatly appreciate you easing my mind about ABC. thanks again.

Unit actually came through big time, i didn't really think about posting something since i never hear their name mentioned anywhere, but i posted and got the response i was hoping for.

and Mom2k, one more thing an the hood. the first time i saw the thing was last summer in a MM&FF mag ad. i thought to myself, thst's the coolest hood for a stang that ive seen yet, and i've only seen that particular hood on ONE stang anywhere. and in Ohio, there are ALL KINDS of stangs, so i'm pretty sure i'll look at least a LITTLE bit out of the ordinary in my red mustang. i can't wait, thanks again guys (and gals )
Old 03-04-2002, 07:37 AM   #9
Five0
Registered Member

I have more pic's of mine at netsnapshot.com.
Goto online community, Five0, car pic's. I even have one of the underside of the hood.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:42 AM   #10
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

Yeah, I'll second that notion, he never knows what he's talking about... oh wait a sec.. DANG IT.

I didn't have any first person experience, which is why I told him to post.
Thats what we suspected all along, thanks for verifying that for us.

Tod- are you talking about the hood with the 2 nostril looking things on the sides? Please do take your time ordering that hood, maybe you will reconsider. I dont like the look and hate to see a stang gone bad, but its your car and if you like it, do it, just be sure first, you will be looking at it for a long time.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 08:43 PM   #11
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Tod, you're certainly welcome! That's what we're all here for, to help each other out!

When I emailed them about the Cobra SS hood for the 99+, they said that they had plans for one, but they weren't sure when it would be out. Then, a few months ago, I finally saw they had a picture of one in their ad in one of the magazines (MM&FF?). But now I don't see it on their web site!

Now I kinda like that Cobra R SVO hood. Decisions, decisions.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote