MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Do you think SVT will strike gold with the new supercharged, 390HP 2003 Mustang Cobra
Poll Options
Do you think SVT will strike gold with the new supercharged, 390HP 2003 Mustang Cobra

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2002, 07:32 PM   #11
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

i think it will be a hit ......it'll bring alot more respect for the mustang and open the door for a larger market

i alway's liked the mustangs becouse i know what thare potentiall is , but i think alot of sports car enthusiasts compare cars by the way they are out of the box......alot of peaple want a car they don't have to mod to get the performance.........i like to fix things up so i can look at a cars potential and that effects my judgment of what cars i like .........but i think there's a large group that don't want the hassel of modifieing it....., that want a fast car with a warrenty ,.........and want to get the porformance in the same auto loan........ i think it'll open the door to these types of peaple ........

on that note ....you know how many times i've heard peaple on this board say ,i can't wait till the warrinty runs out so i can mod it......with a factory stock car ,you wouldn't have to wait .......you could drive it home and toast a ram air gm on the way.....and take it back if you breake it doing so

another reason i think it will be a hit is instant collectors item........as history tells us any time ford comes out with a faster or special version of the mustang ,it usually becomes a collectors favorite ........and holds it value .......in comparing it to a n/a cobra with aftermarket mods ........you can get the same performance numbers for less money with the n/a cobra but the moded car won't hold it's value near as much.........

another reason i think it'll be a hit is it'll be one of the few cars available that runs those numbers and has the versitility of the mustang .......most cars with those numbers ,have no trunk space ,no passenger room,no leg or head room,no visability and take a rocket scientist to fix them..........i know that a cars versitility has as much apeal to me as the cars performance......i like a fast car thats usefull as well........i bet i'm not the only one

all in all ,i think the deciding factors will be price ,warrinty ,and dependibility .....they will sell but i think if it's priced reasonable ,has a warrinty, and doesn't have any dependibility issues ,then the'll sell alot of em
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote